1st test cycle. Need knowledgeable experienced advice.

ajallday11

I know this is a long post, but i need experienced advice to help clear my confusion.

As you can see i'm a new member. I registered about 3 weeks ago and have been reading many different posts on this forum. I know a lot of people will tell me to just search and dig for info on this forum and i have been. But i need some advice because forum posts can be choppy, and its hard to tell which posts are credible or just people who think they know what they are talking about. Also there are so many different "gears" out there and its hard to understand the jargon if you are new.

So i have been seriously and consistently working out for about 5 years now. I have had all different types of training. But i am a naturally small build and it takes a while to gain weight or muscle. I played soccer in college so whenever season came around i would lose a lot of my gains from weight room, even if i kept hitting the gym during the season. But i am now done with college ball and am dedicated to lifting for more size.

I have decided i want to try my first test cycle so i can gain more muscle, strength, size. I have been reading a lot about it because i want to do this 110% and get it all right, and after the cycle to maintain my gains.

I am 22 years old... I know what most will say to wait till im at least 25. But i have a hard time gaining mass at all and i am serious about trying to get bigger. Also i know my testosterone levels are not where they should be for my age, due to long term prescription pain killer abuse for a couple years. I have been clean for a while, but my hormones have never balanced out completely. Also i do not want to go to the doc to have hormone treatment because they laugh because of my age.

Anyway.. i want to start a testosterone cycle (enth or cyp) and need solid advice that would fit me. I have read a lot and the normal dose seems to be at about 500mg per week, but i also read that 500 is a small dose so im confused. I was thinking maybe 500mg a week but 250 on Monday and thurday to even out the balance. Is that dose alright for my first time, more or less?? I am looking for good gains and to actually look bigger, not just skinny and cut.

Also i read a lot to only cycle testosterone for your first cycle. But does that include arimdex (or whatever its called). which is for any of the extra estrogen production from test cycle. I have read a lot of people say in low doses its not needed but have some just in case. I definitely dont want any side effects from estrogen lol.

So what do you recommend to use to prevent side effects and estrogen levels raising? And when people say use test only on 1st cycle does that include stuff to prevent the side effects? Also what is needed for post cycle so i can balance myself out again and keep my gains?

Also, i know people will say i have a hard time gaining because i dont eat enough, train right, or rest well. I am educated on how to train myself and diet. I train hard and workout 4-5 days a week. I also have been eating 3500 calories a day to try and gain weight.

Once i start the cycle i will go from eating 3500 cal/day to 4500 cal/day to make sure i get everything i can from the cycle.

I know this article was long but anyone who reads it i greatly appreciate you, I been researching a lot on this topic but there is so much out there that say different things. This forum has more knowledgeable people than other forums i have been reading.

THANKS SO MUCH!!!
AJ

I know this is a long post

I am 22 years old... I know what most will say to wait till im at least 25. But i have a hard time gaining mass at all and i am serious about trying to get bigger.

I also have been eating 3500 calories a day to try and gain weight.

Once i start the cycle i will go from eating 3500 cal/day to 4500 cal/day to make sure i get everything i can from the cycle.

You're young, serious about getting bigger but aren't getting bigger on 3500 calories per day. OK:

You don't need gear to up your calories (and get bigger) you need more food (calories)

I hope this makes sense.

Yeah dude... Theres nothing wron with your body its your diet. If your eating 3500cals and not growing that means one thing... Its not enough!! Start eating at 4000 now and monitor your progress. If you can't keep your gains up naturally then a cycle is pointless; not only will you not gain as much but you'll lose most of it soon as you come off.

How do you know you have low test? What were your numbers at last time you checked?

If its really low... Id backhand a doctor for laughing at me if i had a legit medical problem... Man up and go get yourself treated if necessary.

What are your stats? Height, weight etc..

500mg of test will be plenty for your first time... I assume your gonna do it anyway, just do yourself a favour and learn how to grow naturally first. Will make your cycle 10x more successful.

Ok well at 3500 calories a day i do gain weight, im not saying it does nothing. I have gained in the weight room recently too, but for how long i been working out i have not gained a lot. Also my body type is weird, my muscles dont ever get bigger even when i get stronger. They do but lets just say my body type is a small build so its less noticable.

But i was thinking of bumping up to 4500 cal a day when i start my cycle. But i have never got my testosterone actually checked, because i have asked doctors and told them i am sure i have low testosterone, but they look at my age and they over-rule me and say im in my early 20s so im at the highest testosterone in my life.

But i know im low i just cant get tested for it, is there any way i can get it tested in any other way? I know they will have to take blood and all that but i know im low because I abused painkillers for a couple years, and opiates directly affect the endocrine system especially with long term use. It shows to decrease testosterone levels significantly and libido in men, and menstraul irregularities and infertility in women. I even know because when i was abusing them at the most, i had a sexy ass girlfriend and i rarely wanted to bang and i always did it for her. Even now i have stopped it has gotten better but i can still tell im not even close to where i was in Test levels before i started opiates.

Anyway... I have been working out for 5 years now consistently non stop (just varied in what i did depending if it was during season). I have got a lot stronger and i dont look super skinny anymore. I still gain and i recently gained more in the weight room and finally past my last plateau, but i know my low T levels are holding me back a lot. So i thought about doing a low dose cycle just like the doctor would if i went through him (but a little more MGs than the doc).

How long usually is a test cyp or enth cycle?
i have read 10 weeks to 16 weeks with many different opinions. Also i read that it doesnt start working within the 3-6 week range. so i was thinking maybe like 12 or 14 weeks? i dont know

Thanks to the replies i appreciate it so much. I like to clarify things completely and have a plan before i start something. Also i been real busy with school/work sorry for late reply

AJ

Also p.s.

I am about 5 foot 10 inches
140 pounds (gaining back my usual weight 145-150lbs from being sick)
bench max 225
squat 315lbs
Dead L 275lbs (always had bad lower back, been through PT but i am working on getting this up)

Back