A little more about myself

GreasyGreek

Hi, I was asked about myself in another thread and thought people might want me to have my own thread. I've been on many boards for years, but now that I've been on this board for a while now I just want to share some info:

I weigh currently 217 but I'm tall, 6 foot 2 inches. As you know, I am not natural and I have done 3 cycles, not any more than a gram per week. I have never competed onstage except for once. I am personally not willing to jeopardize my health and comfort to subject my body to what it takes to attain a competitive bodybuilder's ideal body for a matter of weeks, if not days. Mainly because of aesthetics, I decided to keep myself around this weight and lean. I am currently 7-8% bodyfat. No reason to go lower, as I won't be able to maintain it! I'm staying this lean until I have reason to do otherwise. I do have striations still visible in my tris and chest, so I may be somewhat less than 7-8, although my abs are not fantastic... Calipers lie.

While I'm on the subject, I just want to say that I'm in the best shape of my life. Granted, people still think I am a bodybuilder when they see me, but I am smaller than I could be. I've always wanted functional strength and this is best way for me to keep it. I can play full court basketball competively or frisbee (yes, it is a real sport...) and keep up. My mile run was somewhere around 9 and a half minutes when I was 22 and at my heaviest. Now it's 5:50. Not terribly impressive, but I do weigh almost 220 pounds. Actually, somedays I do weigh that much. Oh yeah and I can do 50 pull ups, which is probably the most impressive physical feat I am capable of in my mind. Also, my blood pressure is well within normal ranges. If anyone wants to ask me more about my ludacris ideas to end my continuous quest for more mass, ask me about it and I'll be happy to tell you more. I think it was a great decision. Above all, thanks for all the support guys, I owe a lot to your knowledge and friendship! :beertoast

*EDIT* - I don't by any means feel that I don't have things to improve and I didn't want to give that impression. I'm a ways away from where I want to be, mainly in terms of strength and stamina. I'm in this for life!

Last edited:
50 pullups is certainly impressive, so my question would be are you looking for more strength for competetive sports or for possibly powerlifting ?

Hey MALAKA!!!! you forgot to tell everyone the best part about you.....YOUR GREEK

You See....There are 2 kinds of people in this world Greeks!! and People who wish they were Greek. hahahahaha

good to know a lil about you bro....

Hell yes, we Greeks have good genetics overall! I like the fact that my skeleton is very lean and I have small joints. I will be going back to Greece this next summer to see some of my family again.

I am looking to bring up lagging body parts. My biceps, although proportional to the rest of my body, are weak. I am not sure why this is... When I fail in doing pullups, it is almost always my arms as the culprit. I would also like to improve the size of my rear delts. I'd also like to increase my sprints and short distance running a little. One more thing I'd like to see is separation of the two heads in my calfs. I do not know if it is possible to overcome my genetics for that though. I have a lot to work on. Thanks for replies!

Last edited:
5:30 mile is very impressive, in HS i weighed maybe 150, and ran a 4:50, but i had barely any muscle. 50 pull-ups is about 35 more than i can do, whatever your doing, keep doing it.

Thank you for the replies. Yes, I mean chins. I went to the gym today to see if I could substantiate my claim and I ended up doing 47 without stopping. I took a brief rest at the bottom sometimes, like once somewhere around 30, just to breathe 2 or 3 breathes. I think I can do more than that if I lost just a couple pounds or if I did max-sets more often.

I personally don't have any joint problems. I don't really carry all that much mass compared to a lot of you. I'm not nearly as big as House1 and chins are something that I have always been able to do decently. Maybe this has something to do with my body's morphology. I wonder how many I could do if I lost some more weight. My training partner who weighs 186 or 187 can do almost 70 chins in a row. He also does a lot of climbing.

Last edited:
You know you are a Greek when:

1) 30 years after immigrating, your parents still say "Embros" when answering the phone.

2) can bench press 325 pounds, shave twice a day, but you still cry when your mother yells at you.

3) You are an adult and are forced to be with your family at 12 midnight on New Year's Eve.

4) You must name your children after your parents, grandparents, or in-laws.

5) You eat Vanilla with a spoon from the jar.

6) You argue with all your friends that your speedo looks great.

and last but not least

7) You can name any or all of the gods on Mount Olympus.

Last edited:
I like this one :) I hope there are no Turks out there reading this. ....On second thought, I do hope they are!

3 Greeks & 3 Turks...

3 Greeks and 3 Turks are travelling by train to a conference. At the station, the 3 Turks each buy tickets and watch as the 3 Greeks buy only a single ticket. "How are 3 people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks one Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers one Greek. They all board the train. The Turks take their respective seats but all three Greeks cram into a restroom and close the door behind them. Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Ticket, please." The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on. The Turks saw this and agreed it was quite a clever idea. So after the conference, the Turks decide to copy the Greeks on the return trip and save some money (being clever with money, and all that). When they get to the station, they buy a single ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the Greeks don't buy a ticket at all. "How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed Turk. "Watch and you'll see," answers a Greek. When they board the train the 3 Turks cram into a restroom and the 3 Greeks cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the Greeks leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the Turks are hiding. He knocks on the door and says, "Ticket, please."

u also forgot theyforce u to be at church at 12 on pasxa,night ,
thast pretty funny joke ,kolotoupki!apo pou eisai ???

malaka i just asked and it next week greek easter .check and see .plus i just looked the greek calandar.

Bro,
50 chins is mighty impressive to me! That's a tough exersize, in my estimation. Kudos to you.
BTW, I'm taking my first trip to Greece in June, will also be checking out some of the Aegean islands. Can't wait!

sweet bro ull love it hit up for sure mykonos ,santorini,ios ,rhodes.crete is pretty bad ass too ,if u go for gear make sure u do it in athens ,dont even try doing it in the tourist places .

Back