A very good cycle thanks to this board

blaj

Well I haven't had the time so far, but now I am taking it.

I ran my first cycle ever this year from may to august

I am 56 started at 187 kilos with a skinny fat sort of physique

I had been weight training seriously for 2 years and had gained about 25 pounds trough hard work and clean eating

My bench was at 145 (3 series of 5)
My squat was at 195 (3 series of 5)
My overhead press was at 95 (3 series of 5)
My deadlift was at 210 (1 serie of 5)
My rows were at 145 (3 series of 5)

But to be honest, I was feeling old and tired

After reading up on things and getting advice from knowledgeable people here I ran the following

12 weeks of test E @ 500 mg per week (two shots)
I ran exametastane at 6.25 mg ed
ran Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) at 500 iu twice a week (no blast at end of cycle)

Starting at the end of august I ran a PCT consisting of

clomid and nolva

100 mg 40 mg week 1
50 mg 20 mg week 2 to 4

The cycle itself was kinda rough, mainly because of a lack of knowledge as to how I react to test and how to control e with the exametastane. So I had periods of feeling lethargic or with no libido a few periods of feeling great (not that many). But troughout, the gym work went very well and I was serious about it. I hate right and hate a lot (which I find very hard to do). I got my body weight up to 200 lbs and along the way my lifts increased to :

bench 200 (3 series of 5)
squat 275 (3 series of 5)
overhead press 135 (1 series of 5)
deadlift 300 (1 serie of 5)
rows 180 (2 series of 5)

I know most of you guys must be a lot stronger, but for me the change was very significant. Then came time to stop and do post cycle therapy (pct). I was very nervous about it having read all the bad things that can happen to you physically and mentally. I wasn't looking forward to that...

What a nice surprise it was to find out that PCT only made me feel better and better, until I felt great by week 4. No downs no loss of strenght. Not sure what to make of that ? My energy level went up, my weight dropped but I kept most of my strength gains and I am obviously a lot more muscular then when I started out. A month out of pct I am back at 187 lbs. But I am running austinite's lean stack and clearly what I have lost is fat. My gym stats have barely dropped from when I was on cycle which is also a nice surprise. The difference is that I cannot do as much volume training without the test E, I need to rest more. I now

bench 205 (2 series of 5) This has actually continued to get better after cycle
squat 255 (1 series of 5)
overhead press 125 (1 series of 5)
deadlift 300 (1 serie of 5)
rows 165 (2 series of 5)

I feel and look a lot better having cycled and I have you guys to thank. I also would like to point out that taking 5000 iu of sublingual B12 daily and NAC as recommended by austinite has probably made the biggest difference in how I feel !!

In a month, I will get blood work to see were I am at after post cycle therapy (pct). At 56, I do not know how I will have recovered. Unfortunately for lack of knowledge I did not get blood work before cycling :-( But my libido is great right now and that is a good sign.

Based on how I reacted so far I plan to run a second cycle early next year and I would like to know what the knowladgeable people here would recommend I run. I want to take the time to plan correctly because I know I can get solid advice from you

My deepest thanks

Good deal!!!!! Glad to hear you had success. I'm new to this game but if I were you I would do the same cycle again (dont fix it if its not broken) you should still see good gains and you will know what to expect, but I'll let guys with more experience chime in and do what they say lol

Lookin good Blaj - you'll find lots of us here in our 50's doing cycles , and its changing how guys are ageing . And yes get a follow-up blood test to see where your at....~Bo

Always good to hear about positive experiences from members. It was tough, but you stuck it out and exceeded your expectations. Best of luck to you in your training.

Na that would be 87 kilos, I went up to about 91 on cycle. I am back down to 86, so I am actually lighter than before the cycle, but I clearly have gained both muscle (my shirts don't fit anymore) and a lot of strength, so I am quite pleased with the progress !! Especially considering I am 56

Always good to hear about positive experiences from members. It was tough, but you stuck it out and exceeded your expectations. Best of luck to you in your training.

Yes it was a lot tougher than I expected. I tought I would feel like superman while on test which was not the case. My muscles responded well I gained strength, but I had a bout with high BP for a while, had terrible calf pumps (I am a tango dancer and I really suffered), lost my dick for a couple of weeks and felt sleepy a lot of the time.

I guess I still have a lot to learn about controlling estro and such...

Back