advice for a drug test at an upcoming competition

vitamind

Hi guys. Need some advice on TRT and an athletic event I have coming up at the end of May (1.5 months away) where they do randomized drug testing. I've been on TRT for about 5 months now (200mg Test Cyp and 500 units of HCG per week - which I think is pretty standard). I'm 39 and my total test now is around 1160. When I started it was in the low 600s (which is in the normal range) but my free testosterone was very low. Hence why I was able to get on TRT.

Anywho, I could have applied for a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) but I missed the window (as I didn't know they did drug testing). They say they follow the standard WADA (world anti doping agency) protocol for testing which allows a 4/1 T/E ratio (testosterone to epitestosterone). So if I understand T/E ratios correctly, my E should be what my T was before starting TRT correct - say around 650 or so? If that is the case, I would only be at a 2/1 ratio, right - and well within the legal limit? But would they be able to tell it is Test Cyp and not my normal test that is achieving the 1160 T result? Similarly how long would it take to get out of my system if I do decide to come off? The other issue is the HCG, which is also banned by the WADA.

If I do decide to come of the Test Cyp, I'll want to bump up the HCG after to help get my normal test levels back, right? How long is HCG detectible in your system? Fundamentally I'd like some advice on if I need to come off the Test and or the HCG. I feel like I could stay on the test and still have my levels well within the legal limit, but I would probably need to stop the HCG since they do test for that and it's not naturally accruing (like the Test is). Any/all help and suggestions are certainly welcome. Let me know if I can provide any other info.
Thanks very much.

Why not just not compete? Is your integrity worth it? Idgaf what you do but don't act like your trt is just medicine. I am on it too and know what it does. I would get the exption or back out. Do you really want to have that win like that?

Back