Anavar...always popular. What about retaining strength with Anavar and test prop?

Billegitimate

Stable TRT levels for about a year. Decided to run a blast of test prop on top of the cypionate, in amounts that roughly doubled my previous dose of testosterone. That TRT dose had me at 1100-1150 total T, less than 100 point below top of range. and free T of 21.5 with top of range 21.5. :)

So the plan was for a short experiment with adding test prop in an amount that would double my weekly dose of T (after accounting for the weights of the different esters.)

I take my cypionate EOD subcutaneously with insulin syringes. I decided to do the propionate daily, also subcutaneously. On days I inject cypionate, I just combine them into a single injection. Total injections vary between .2 and .4ml, so pretty small injections, and I have not experienced anything beyond a very mild "less than a mosquito bite" level of soreness or discomfort. Most injections are pain free altogether.

I also added 40mg anavar broken into 4 daily doses of 10mg spread as evenly as possible throughout the day. I started the prop injections first because I wanted to see if I could feel just that change. Indeed I could. having high levels already, I could feel the change in levels by the evening of the 2nd day. So I added the anavar on day 4.

This is going to be a short run for me, about 3 weeks, and then I'll taper back to my original TRT dose and get new bloodwork in about 3 more weeks to make sure that it's still at the levels it was before.

So, with ALL of that as background...oh wait, last thing: I'm in my late 40s, so this isn't by any stretch an "I'm 19, and want to run Anavar only to attract the girlzzz" thread. So, that's the background. I'm 12 days in to the anavar and prop and things have changed quite a bit already.

Appearance:
Shoulders bigger and more defined
Chest bigger and more defined
Greater vascularity and a "harder" look
Suddenly getting comments in the gym on my progress

Performance:
At the risk of sounding silly, greater strength that is not in line with the little change in size
15-20% increase in some lifts. Prior to starting this, as an extreme example, I could do 4-5 strict handstand pushups when fresth. Now I easily knock out 10-12 even in the middle of a workout. Bench has seen me go from 295X3 to 295X5, and similar numbers across the board.

Overall:
I feel fantastic. It doesn't matter if it's a crossfit style metcon, or finding a 1 rep max in any of my lifts, I feel strong, have good endurance (though that has not changed much, even that has increased a bit), and great recovery. Even running is easier.

This little party is only running 3 weeks. I've had very high testosterone levels before when my initial TRT dose was too high, and I didn't feel like this. I assume the difference I feel is the anavar. Perhaps not, perhaps I'm even higher than I was in the past, but I've taken this much T from cypionate and didn't feel like this.

So, questions: Assuming the anavar is one of the reasons I'm feeling this and making this progress, how much will I retain when I go back to my normal T dose and drop the Anavar? Is it a muscular change that's leading to the greater strength, or is it just a transient effect of a radically higher overall androgen level? I like having this strength, and want to think I can hang onto it and even develop it further during my mini cycle.

I await your thoughts and opinions.

So what I feel now is just the surge from T?

Could be... do you feel a noticeable difference in pumps in front deltoids from pressing and lower back? That seems to be a good indication that you're feeling the anavar - it was for me.
I don't find in your post how long you have been on your blast now.

Could be... do you feel a noticeable difference in pumps in front deltoids from pressing and lower back? That seems to be a good indication that you're feeling the anavar - it was for me.
I don't find in your post how long you have been on your blast now.

I have noticed pumps that restrict my range of motion! Seriously, within just a few days of starting the anavar, I noticed that my low back just inflated to the point of reduced mobility from any deadlifting, and squatting to a lesser degree. That made running harder. By the 2nd or 3rd set of bench, I couldn't touch my elbows together.

And all of this occurred at the same time that my strength took a sudden jump. I hope it's not just being able to activate the muscle with higher androgen levels, because I really don't want to see these numbers go back down. But, it will be what it will be.

Back