Anyone have Glenoid Laberal Surgery? Please Help Me

ImAuNatural

So here is the link to my other thread http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/680548-injured-shoulder-help-please-read.html if you would like to read more detail about the situation. If not then I will get to the point.

Sorry for the long post but this is a very important decision I have to make and i dont want to do it alone, my parents are dead and my grandmother and grandfather who raised me have passed away and i have no one else to help me so believe me when i say your advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Hurt right shoulder 3 months ago (Dislocated it on May 15th). Doctors didn't know what exactly had been damaged/torn.

Did 6 weeks of PT because insurance wouldn't pay for MRI until I did so.

Got an MRI on August 13th.

Went yesterday on August 20th to meet with surgeon and discuss MRI findings.
I have a tear in my labrum from the 2:00-4:30 postion. (See pictures below)

View attachment 562595View attachment 562596View attachment 562597

These are the best I could find to describe it to you.

I have not been able to do pushups for the past three months due to the pain i feel in my bicep tendon (top anterior part of shoulder). This isnt a pain you can just push through and workout its a pain where your arm gives out and you fall on your face. The surgeon gave me a cortisone shot on the 28th of July to reduce the inflamation of my bicep tendon (even though he didnt know it was my bicep tendon at the time) the shot was mostly just to reduce any inflamtation in the area.

It has helped tremendously and i no longer feel pain like i did before in that area it is very mild at times. My shoulder feels almost normal but yet there is still that tear inside.

Surgeon says everything is actually sitting in place and that my shoulder isnt too unstable due to the muscle that I have helping hold it in place. Labrums can re attach themselves to the bone but it takes a long time usually 8-12 weeks. Well it has been 12 weeks and mine still hasnt reattached but is sitting where it should be so what should i do?

Scenarios;

1.He told me to try to start lifting again working chest and shoulders to see if I feel unstable or if i feel pain inside of the joint, if so then i should have surgery.

2.But then i suggested well what if i don't work it and just try to let it heal back into place, he said i could try that but there is no way to ever really know if it healed back without doing another MRI which is out of the question.

3. I could continue to not work chest/shoulders for a while longer to let it heal. But then eventually i will start lifting again and if i lift heavy it could tear more or dislocate or something because i will never really know if it heals fully because there isn't really any pain from it.

If i do option 3 i would still end up having surgery and all that time would've been wasted when i could've just had the surgery and then started recovering from that.

I just dont want to have surgery if I dont need it, like if my body will heal back to how it was before I would be so fucking grateful its not even funny. Also if i do have the surgery there is always the chance that surgery could cause complications that werent there before.

Sorry for the long post but this is a very important decision I have to make and i dont want to do it alone, my parents are dead and my grandmother and grandfather who raised me have passed away and i have no one else to help me so believe me when i say your advice is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Back