Basics of cycling

JohnnyB

Community Veteran
If you are under 25, it is best for you to have an x-ray done to see if your growth plates are closed. If they are, you can start cycling. If their not please wait, you'll be glad you did.

Keep it simple, don't try and get all your goals out of one cycle. Start simple, use test first, I prefer test with one ester, enanthate or cypionate, I'm not a multi ester gear fan, but that's me. Start at 400-500mg a week for 10 weeks, make sure you have everything you need before starting the cycle. I like nolva for post cycle therapy (pct) and to have on hand encase you get gyno. Some have a hard time during post cycle therapy (pct) with estrogen levels, they can make the biggest guy, be as emotional as a 13 year old on her period. Nolva will block the estrogen so this won't happen. You don't want to be 20lbs bigger and crying at a chick flic with your/a girl. Although it may get some of you in touch with your feminine side, which could help with the chics, but your noodle might not work, so that wouldn't be good :laugh4:

Back to the post, when cycling if you're not gaining, don't think you need to up the dose. What you need to do is eat more food, you can do all the gear you want but if the calories aren't there to promote growth, more gear isn't going to do anything. Your diet is going to determine what your cycle is. If you're eating everything in sight it's going to be a bulker, if you're eating protein like a mad man, with moderate amounts of carbs and good fats, it's going to be a lean mass cycle. If you're limiting your carbs and doing lots of cardio, it's a cutter.

Here's why I like introducing one compound at a time into your body. First of all, you'll know how your body reacts to that compound, good or bad. If you use 2 compounds you've never used, if something starts going wrong you won't know what's causing it. Secondly, adding a new compound to your second cycle, is almost like doing a first cycle again. Here's why, remember I said almost. You are introducing a new compound to the mix, it's hitting the receptors different, so to speak, then the first compound. Which will add a different reaction from the cycle. Deca is more androgenic (it's more anabolic), EQ raises Red Blood Cell count, which all gear does but EQ more so.

Third cycle try a new compound with the test, if you use EQ on the second cycle, try deca on this one or the other way around depending on what you ran on the second cycle.

Fourth cycle, you can add an oral or try trenbolone, I wouldn't try trenbolone and an oral in the same cycle, unless you've run one of them before, but at this point, they should both be new to you.

Fifth cycle would be adding an oral or the trenbolone, depending on what you decided for your 4th. If you follow this plan, you can get some nice gains from all these, because of the introduction of a new drug to your body with each new cycle. Once you've went through this protocol, you can do the same cycle with higher doses or a combination of three compounds at the same dose used before.

With deca and EQ you might want to go 12 weeks, since they both have a longer ester on them, peak levels take up to 6-7 weeks to peak, run your enanthate or cypionate one week passed either one, if you use sustanon, it doesn't matter, because one of the esters clears at the same rate as EQ and Deca. Don't go over 400mg a week with either. When you hit the trenbolone, go 10 weeks with trenbolone enathate and 6-8 weeks if you go with trenbolone acetate with test propionate.

I don't see the point of more then 3 compounds. I've done 7-8 cycle and this is my first going over a gram of combined gear. It's test c/tren e/EQ, each at 200mg every 3 days, about 1400mg a week, I'll drop the tren e at week 13 and add masteron enanthate for 12 more, may switch to test e. Keeping the EQ/ Mast at around the 400-450mg mark and upping the test to 750mg :eyes: Back to the post.

Using Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during a cycle, anything over 10 weeks or the use of any 19-nor. Needs to have Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) run with the cycle, 300-500iu every 3-5 days. Run it up to one week before you start post cycle therapy (pct).

I keep saying post cycle therapy (pct), what is that, Post Cycle Therapy, this is to restore your natural test levels. The reason for running Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during a cycle. Is to keep your nuts from shrinking, this gives your body one less thing to recover from, so post cycle therapy (pct) can get to the work of restoring the HPTA.

I don't like standardized post cycle therapy (pct)'s, what I mean is, 3 weeks of clomid at certain doses or 4 weeks of nolva at certain doses. I believe all post cycle therapy (pct) should be run until your sex drive is back and in full swing. I also believe they should have some dose of nolva in them. Because nolva blocks estrogen, clomid lacks in this area. You don't want unchecked estrogen during post cycle therapy (pct). Whatever post cycle therapy (pct) you run, keep running nolva until that sex drive is back. You need to research post cycle therapy (pct) and go with what you think will work for you, just remember to run that ending dose with nolva, until that wood is working.

LR3 IGF-1, can be used alone or with post cycle therapy (pct), for the first time I wouldn't do it on your first run at post cycle therapy (pct). 40mcg is a good first time dose, post w/o, make sure you eat lots of protein. LR3 has an effect like slin on shuttling nutrients into the muscle cells, but to a lesser degree. So a carb/protein drink post w/o is a good idea. I drink another protein shake one hour after, then eat a small meal one hour after that. If you lower your carbs you'll get some fat loss, after those 2 drink and a meal. If you're bulking you can keep the carbs, with the half-life being around 6 hours you'll get that insulin-like effect for that time. I've used avandia with LR3, it give you more of an insulin effect, so make sure you get those carbs in, becacuse you will go hypo.

I hope I covered it all, I know I didn't but I tried :mexican:

JohnnyB

I have been lookig for a site with this kind of info for a long time. The information for a newbie is amazing, and I am learning so much. Thank you all for taking time to write it down. I am excited to get started and I know this will be a great resource for imformation, because everyone seems very knowledgable on the subject and wiiling to help.

jaytown25 said:
I have been lookig for a site with this kind of info for a long time. The information for a newbie is amazing, and I am learning so much. Thank you all for taking time to write it down. I am excited to get started and I know this will be a great resource for imformation, because everyone seems very knowledgable on the subject and wiiling to help.
im with you^, thanks for the info man :yesway:

Just wanted to say hello to everyone, this is my first post. I am 37 and never done steroids and really don't want to but everyone tells me to because of my size right now. because my frame is large and they say I can grow like a madman if I did? Any thoughts?

SPAZ3 said:
Just wanted to say hello to everyone, this is my first post. I am 37 and never done steroids and really don't want to but everyone tells me to because of my size right now. because my frame is large and they say I can grow like a madman if I did? Any thoughts?

Beginning steroids is no small decision and if you have ANY hesitations, I would recommend that you stay far away from them. Of course, educating yourself on the subject is a positive one way or the other.

Rookie user

Thanks for the basics. I am a beginner and have no clue. Currently 5'9 and 210 lbs with 15% body fat. Looking to gain some size and lean out. Could you reply back with more specific cycle? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brabus said:
Thanks for the basics. I am a beginner and have no clue. Currently 5'9 and 210 lbs with 15% body fat. Looking to gain some size and lean out. Could you reply back with more specific cycle? Thanks.

Start a new thread, but read the Rules first.

Brabus said:
I was told to try depo - test for my 1st cycle. What else do I need to see results? Doses, etc.

Like StoneCold said above, start a new thread in the Anabolics forum with your questions.

Brabus said:
I was told to try depo - test for my 1st cycle. What else do I need to see results? Doses, etc.
That was what was recommended, diet plays a big pole in what your cycle is going to be

JohnnyB

Tough Old Man said:
Very good post boss. I also have a lot of experience with anabolics and I agree with your post 100%

Tough
Thanks bro, I have changed my thoughts on HCG, for a quicker recovery, I believe it should be used in all cycle. Of course some won't and that's okay :eyes:

JohnnyB

Hi, i am new to bodybuilding, and was just wondering if i was to take one of the less powerfull steriods such as andriol, can i take this on its own, because taken with anavar and nolvadex is suposed to be a great cycle... but it costs soooo much to do a 8 week cycle on that.... is there any GD QUALITY cheap sites.... or is there a way in which i can just try andriol and take it on its own... maybe with just natural substances such as protein whey, creatine and ZMA... Please help as i am not very good on this subject and am most likely doing everythin wrong..undefined

pete101 said:
Hi, i am new to bodybuilding, and was just wondering if i was to take one of the less powerfull steriods such as andriol, can i take this on its own, because taken with anavar and nolvadex is suposed to be a great cycle... but it costs soooo much to do a 8 week cycle on that.... is there any GD QUALITY cheap sites.... or is there a way in which i can just try andriol and take it on its own... maybe with just natural substances such as protein whey, creatine and ZMA... Please help as i am not very good on this subject and am most likely doing everythin wrong..undefined

Start your own thread.

So Johnny B, u think that running Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 300 iu's twice/week will help us to recover faster post cycle? I've read a lot of articles saying you shouldn't take Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) without nov or for an extended period of time...what are your thoughts on this subject?

I'd bet they were talking about dose of a 1000iu or more, one 1500iu dose of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) can cause the desensitization of the testes to LH, estrogen is what causes this. The same study showed 5-300iu doses, didn't cause the spike in estrogen and it didn't cause the desensitization of the testes to LH either. So if you have to use nolva with your Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), you are using to much (high of a dose) HCG.

JohnnyB

hello.. at risk of sounding new.. to it all.. i have a few questions..
i have taken what i called 2 cycles before.. of which was like a month or 2 at a time..
i have gained.. deffinatly.. i went up from 175 .. to 205
for the past 4 years..
major gains i think
well
i am now 35 and since i was 33 i have a metabolism that has changed .. and have this fuckin spot below my belly button that wont go away.. well
i remmeber when i did the (mini) cycle when i was 185.. i was in the best shape i was ever..
i want to get back to that point but to be larger.. obviously then 185.. i am 205 now.. so i probably am shooting for 10 to 15 pounds more.. to stay after the roids
well here's my real questions..
my cycles consisted for a very short time.. and only with depo testoerone 200 and equipoise...
well that seemed to be great.. and great gains.. never took andything else.. that all u guys are talking about.. clomid.. and all the other stuff i never knew about..
well here i am now.. trying to do a cycle and like in second week of it..
the only thing available that i been able to locate and get thru a big guy is enantat 250.. by QV and i got 2 bottles of 10ml each. of which im taking like 1 going up to 2 cc twice a week
once on mon and once on fri..
i dont really see any effects of this stuff. and i know its vet grade.. is this good stuff.. is it really gonna do anything for me.. ?
and also.. what do i need to take with it as to say clomid.. or novi.. or all that kinda stuff,.... to make it all right..
do i need to get more.. where can i get real stuff and do a real cycle.. im limited here.. by who i know.. and it seems these big guys dont want to tell there secrets.. so that someone else looks as good as they do...as competition..
thnx for any comments and advice..
for now i will just conitnue my so called cycle the way i was..
i have noticed a little gyno... when im not pumped.. that was a thing i was worried about so im sure i gotta do clomid.. but not sure how to take and how much and when and etc..
im totaly dumb founded.. hopefully someone with experience will take me under there wing.. lol
thnx
i want to look like johhny b.. lol

Back