Best cycle to recover from an injury?

FWMFSW

Life is a state of mind.
Hey guys.

Some weeks ago i injuried my biceps training back, i always go extremely heavy, and that day my left biceps broke. Im not sure if it has a small tear or what, i can lift anyway but it hurts. My bicep hurts trying to lift even the smallest thing, and even though the last weeks seemed to get better, after my last shoulder workout it started hurting again.

Im not training back nor biceps but im still training all the other muscles, but everyday it gets worse though, it hurts even trainin chest.

I know i should stop training completely, but i dont want to.

What im thinking is, is there any specific aas specially suitable for recovering? I thought even to get a week off being on cycle, in order to get a faster recovering.

What do you guys think?

Hey FW, you need to rest man. It sucks but thats the only thing that will heal a torn bicep. I had a pretty decent tear and it healed very quickly to my surprise.

How bad is it? Can you see an indentation when you flex it?

Hey FW, you need to rest man. It sucks but thats the only thing that will heal a torn bicep. I had a pretty decent tear and it healed very quickly to my surprise.

How bad is it? Can you see an indentation when you flex it?

Thanks for the answer mason.

No i cant see any indentation, i guess is not that bad because i can lift pretty heavy anyway, but it hurts. Lately i was training biceps again, not heavy, and it seemed to go well until the last shoulder workout, where my biceps and the front shoulder started to hurt again in the press, and after that day the pain in the biceps came back.

It doesnt hurt very much, i could go over it and train anyway, the thing is that somehow i cant get the same pump, it is affecting even the chest days, i cannot feel the muscle as i did before because of the pain.

And you are totally right, i know i must stop, and im gonna do it, at least one week to see how it goes. What i was thinking is if adding something like anavar will help with the recovering. I know its a waste to start using anavar if you are gonna be off during a week or two, but i wouldnt mind if it helps me recovering faster. What do you think? My reasoning behind this is that the healing of a torn biceps is made somehow like the hipertrophy process, that is, rebuilding, so if im on, the rebuilding will be made faster. Not sure if this makes any sense.

Last edited:
What i was thinking is if adding something like anavar will help with the recovering. I know its a waste to start using anavar if you are gonna be off during a week or two, but i wouldnt mind if it helps me recovering faster. What do you think? My reasoning behind this is that the healing of a torn biceps is made somehow like the hipertrophy process, that is, rebuilding, so if im on, the rebuilding will be made faster. Not sure if this makes any sense.
I agree with your logic and thought the same thing myself but was told by someone very knowledgeable that it wouldn't help. But then again I didn't know about Anavar or Deca back then. I'd do some research before potentially wasting some Anavar (var).

until the last shoulder workout, where my biceps and the front shoulder started to hurt again in the press, and after that day the pain in the biceps came back.
Where specifically is the pain? This makes it sound like it's toward the shoulder. If so it may be tendon related which takes much longer to heal. Although, Var and Deca will greatly speed up the healing process if this is the case.

No matter whats going on I'd at least take a week off and see what it does. One week wont hurt a thing.

You have to let it rest. Taking steroids and lifting heavier weights will make matters worse; of course.

You have to let it rest. Taking steroids and lifting heavier weights will make matters worse; of course.

yes my last injury was heal with just rest.

i always concidered AAS are not a good idea to recover.

"What im thinking is, is there any specific aas specially suitable for recovering?"

Not an AAS. But a few weeks back read something about HGH/IGF-1 and regenerating muscle tissue at the cellular level and building new muscle fibers. Have a look at that.

IGF-1 Regenerating Nerves
Another exciting potential use of IGF-1 is in the repair of peripheral nerve tissue that has been damaged by injury or illness. If a nerve is torn in the arm or leg, it means that the connection to the muscle may be impaired, and as a result there is loss of movement and the muscle atrophies. While peripheral nerves can regenerate to some extent, severe tears of more than a few millimeters may result in permanent injury. Now IGF-1 has repaired and reconnected severed nerve endings of up to a distance of 6 millimeters, a feat previously unheard of.

Swedish scientist Hans-Arne Hansson of the Institute of Neurobiology at the University of Goteborg found that IGF-1 in combination with other growth factors could stimulate even more dramatic regeneration. "IGF-1 by itself and in combination with other growth factors is likely to be of importance in promoting healing and repair processes in clinical practice within a few years," he writes.

In studies of cells in culture and in animals, IGF-1 has been shown to have remarkable effects on the spinal cord motor neurons. It increased motor neuron activity in spinal cord cultures by 150 to 270 percent. And it significantly decreased programmed cell death in developing chick embryos. In animal studies, it enhanced the sprouting of axons of the spinal cord motor neurons. And it increased intramuscular nerve sprouting a whopping ten fold when it was given to normal adult rats. In fact, according to a group of researchers at Cephalon, Inc., in West Chester, Pennsylvania, IGF-1 may be the "long-sought endogenous motor neuron sprouting factor."

The implications of this work for helping people is nothing short of mind-boggling. If IGF-1 can regenerate spinal cord motor neurons, it may be useful in treating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a devastating disease in which the loss of spinal cord and cortical motor neurons results in complete paralysis and death. It may also be useful for peripheral neuropathies, such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome.

John Wittig, MD, of UCLA has been using IGF-1 to prevent AIDS wasting in HIV infected patients. IGF-1 may allow more aggressive chemotherapy of certain cancers, since drugs like vincristine and cisplatin can cause peripheral neuropathies at higher doses.
The Growth Factor Army

IGF-1 is only one of the body's many growth factors that are now being identified, isolated, and cloned using genetic engineering technology for use as drugs. As growth factor researcher Eric Dupont, Ph.D., says, "Growth hormone is the general and growth factors are the foot soldiers." Growth factors function like hormones, hooking onto the receptors of cells and sending a biochemical signal across the cell's interior. Whereas hormones usually send long distance messages, growth factors for the most part do local calls.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

I can say that my last 2 cycles of deca has definitely got rid of the nagging arthritic pain in my left AC joint. I was at the point to where I could only do incline bench due to the strain on the AC joint doing flat/decline bench and hurt like hell to do dips. It hurt to sleep on my left side too due to shifting body weight to that side. I'm a firm believer in deca promoting collagen synthesis in the joints. I have no pain whatsoever doing heavy flat or decline bench to include dips

Great info randy841, I didn't even think about GH.

Hey FWM, you should ask Irentat what he thinks, the guys done a ton of research and experimenting with rehab through gh and deca.

Thank you all very much, this is really helpful, good info.

About my pain, it is on the biceps only, but when i try to train shoulder, it feels like if somehow the pain extended to the front shoulder when i try to make press. And the last week it got worse, to the point that i cant make shoulder press. Even on chest, though i have all my strenght, i cant lift properly because the pain on the bicep makes it feel weird. Its not a big pain, but its disturbing enough to not allow me to train at my max.

I thought about GH and IGF-1, but my absolute lack of knowledge on this field made me forget the idea. Now that you metioned it randy, and seeing that article, im gonna make some research. And im also gonna ask Irentat as you say mason.

I guess i should go to the doc to make sure if what i have is a torn bicep, or if it is something tendom related, cos i see for your answer mason that the recovering process is different.

Last edited:
"What im thinking is, is there any specific aas specially suitable for recovering?"

Not an AAS. But a few weeks back read something about HGH/IGF-1 and regenerating muscle tissue at the cellular level and building new muscle fibers. Have a look at that.

IGF-1 Regenerating Nerves
Another exciting potential use of IGF-1 is in the repair of peripheral nerve tissue that has been damaged by injury or illness. If a nerve is torn in the arm or leg, it means that the connection to the muscle may be impaired, and as a result there is loss of movement and the muscle atrophies. While peripheral nerves can regenerate to some extent, severe tears of more than a few millimeters may result in permanent injury. Now IGF-1 has repaired and reconnected severed nerve endings of up to a distance of 6 millimeters, a feat previously unheard of.

Swedish scientist Hans-Arne Hansson of the Institute of Neurobiology at the University of Goteborg found that IGF-1 in combination with other growth factors could stimulate even more dramatic regeneration. "IGF-1 by itself and in combination with other growth factors is likely to be of importance in promoting healing and repair processes in clinical practice within a few years," he writes.

In studies of cells in culture and in animals, IGF-1 has been shown to have remarkable effects on the spinal cord motor neurons. It increased motor neuron activity in spinal cord cultures by 150 to 270 percent. And it significantly decreased programmed cell death in developing chick embryos. In animal studies, it enhanced the sprouting of axons of the spinal cord motor neurons. And it increased intramuscular nerve sprouting a whopping ten fold when it was given to normal adult rats. In fact, according to a group of researchers at Cephalon, Inc., in West Chester, Pennsylvania, IGF-1 may be the "long-sought endogenous motor neuron sprouting factor."

The implications of this work for helping people is nothing short of mind-boggling. If IGF-1 can regenerate spinal cord motor neurons, it may be useful in treating amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), a devastating disease in which the loss of spinal cord and cortical motor neurons results in complete paralysis and death. It may also be useful for peripheral neuropathies, such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth syndrome.

John Wittig, MD, of UCLA has been using IGF-1 to prevent AIDS wasting in HIV infected patients. IGF-1 may allow more aggressive chemotherapy of certain cancers, since drugs like vincristine and cisplatin can cause peripheral neuropathies at higher doses.
The Growth Factor Army

IGF-1 is only one of the body's many growth factors that are now being identified, isolated, and cloned using genetic engineering technology for use as drugs. As growth factor researcher Eric Dupont, Ph.D., says, "Growth hormone is the general and growth factors are the foot soldiers." Growth factors function like hormones, hooking onto the receptors of cells and sending a biochemical signal across the cell's interior. Whereas hormones usually send long distance messages, growth factors for the most part do local calls.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

This study doesn't touch upon the ability of GH to repair muscle tears, which is what the OP has. This study seems to talk about nerve damage.

"HGH therapy not only augments the number of muscle cells, it also increases the siz"

That study does not postulate all the benefits of repair at the cellular level, and is only of the many studies I have read over the years, and posted just one. There is clearly benefits to be had by those who have been injured Wormwood. I have 2 colleagues who swear by it and use it year around at 3-4 I.U.s, and it works wonders in building muscle mass and keeping the body fat levels down. Their original intentions were not to use it for building muscle, but too repair damage.

After years of lifting for most of us tendonitis & joint problems are pretty common, if not further damage many times when we continue to push. If one cycles HGH with about 500MG of Test Enanthate weekly, the symbiosis processes are further accelerated in synthesizing protein. Since there is so much research on it, I will just leave it that. For that reason there are many benefits to be had. Cenegenics may be on too something as the majority of baby boomers hit retirement age in the next 10-15 years.

Muscle-gaining benefits offered by HGH

The Human Growth Hormone has been used extensively by body builders and athletes to encourage and boost physical endurance and tolerance and to increase lean muscle mass. Athletes, frequently perform body building exercises, and use controlled doses of the Human Growth Hormone alongside, to develop muscle tissue.

HGH therapy encourages a speedier transport of amino acids, which thus, increases the velocity of protein manufacture and production.

The Human Growth Hormone has a potent anabolic effect, i.e., it increases the capability of the body to synthesize protein. HGH thereby results in hyperplasia i.e. everlasting increase in the muscle tissue. HGH therapy not only augments the number of muscle cells, it also increases the size of existing muscle cells.

According to the researches conducted by Dr. Rudman (published in the New England Journal of Medicine), the following benefits are granted by HGH therapy:

• Promising improvement in lean muscle mass within a period of six months, even without exercise
• Approximately 14 % reduction in body fat, without any modifications in the diet pattern or activity
• Increased muscle tissue response to exercise or weight building
• Quicker muscle repair and faster wound and injury healing
• Increased ability to build muscles, particularly, in people having a workout regimen.
• Faster recovery from muscle soreness
• Remarkable boost in strength, tolerance and endurance
• Enhanced levels of energy
• Renewed vitality
• Improved stamina
• Stronger bones
• Re-growth in organs that might have shrunk with age.
• Perked up immune functioning
• Mood elevation

HGH Org

That study does not postulate all the benefits of repair at the cellular level, and is only of the many studies I have read over the years, and posted just one. There is clearly benefits to be had by those who have been injured Wormwood. I have 2 colleagues who swear by it and use it year around at 3-4 I.U.s, and it works wonders in building muscle mass and keeping the body fat levels down. Their original intentions were not to use it for building muscle, but too repair damage.

After years of lifting for most of us tendonitis & joint problems are pretty common, if not further damage many times when we continue to push. If one cycles HGH with about 500MG of Test Enanthate weekly, the symbiosis processes are further accelerated in synthesizing protein. Since there is so much research on it, I will just leave it that. For that reason there are many benefits to be had. Cenegenics may be on too something as the majority of baby boomers hit retirement age in the next 10-15 years.

Muscle-gaining benefits offered by HGH

The Human Growth Hormone has been used extensively by body builders and athletes to encourage and boost physical endurance and tolerance and to increase lean muscle mass. Athletes, frequently perform body building exercises, and use controlled doses of the Human Growth Hormone alongside, to develop muscle tissue.

HGH therapy encourages a speedier transport of amino acids, which thus, increases the velocity of protein manufacture and production.

The Human Growth Hormone has a potent anabolic effect, i.e., it increases the capability of the body to synthesize protein. HGH thereby results in hyperplasia i.e. everlasting increase in the muscle tissue. HGH therapy not only augments the number of muscle cells, it also increases the size of existing muscle cells.

According to the researches conducted by Dr. Rudman (published in the New England Journal of Medicine), the following benefits are granted by HGH therapy:

• Promising improvement in lean muscle mass within a period of six months, even without exercise
• Approximately 14 % reduction in body fat, without any modifications in the diet pattern or activity
• Increased muscle tissue response to exercise or weight building
• Quicker muscle repair and faster wound and injury healing
• Increased ability to build muscles, particularly, in people having a workout regimen.
• Faster recovery from muscle soreness
• Remarkable boost in strength, tolerance and endurance
• Enhanced levels of energy
• Renewed vitality
• Improved stamina
• Stronger bones
• Re-growth in organs that might have shrunk with age.
• Perked up immune functioning
• Mood elevation

HGH Org

Yeah I wasn't at all arguing against the ability of GH to repair at all. I just didn't see anything in the previous study relative to the OP's condition, that's all.

Thanks for posting the studies.

HGH is expensiv.

rest and ice will cost nothing. some ointment would be efficient to.

if it's good for me, it have to be good for you.

Yes, rest, ice, maybe an NSAID....electical stim units are good too, along with Ultrasound and Inferential.

Thank you all again for the input, specially to you randy for posting that info.

Im gonna research on gh, although first as you say im gonna try to heal with just rest (ice for a torn biceps?), but if i see it keeps giving me problems after a couple weeks, im gonna seriously consider the gh as a posibility.

Back