Bigger and better with 3J.

I figured I'd start an online journal of my experiences with 3J. I started his diet and training on 7/27/2015. Little background, I'm a 40 year old male. I'm an engineer. My daily routine consists of about 50% desk / 50% in the plant. I started with a weight of 311 pounds. I'm 6'3" and body fat % somewhere in the 30% (according to a body fat calculator online). My goal is to be 10-15% bf and ultimately around 230-250 pounds. As of right now, 3J has me checking in every Monday and Thursday. Below you'll see my progress thus far.

View attachment 562513

Your in good hands he knows his stuff. Just be honest with him and follow the plan he lays out and you will achieve your goals.

I'm one of his clients it was money well spent.

Keep it up!

If you honestly put in the effort and walk the path, you WILL accomplish your goal. It is VERY hard, though...but it is worth it.

I will be following along.

100% compliant Monday thru Wednesday evening. This weigh in, I showed a slight increase in weight. I've been feeling a little constipated, that may be the cause of the slight increase in weight. Workouts are going well. Monday's workout I felt like I had zero energy, however I did power thru it. I am inconsistent with water intake. Usually, I drink one cup of coffee in the morning and then I switch to water the rest of the day. I'm getting between 1/2 gallon to a little over a gallon a day. I need to put more effort into getting a gallon plus everyday. My measurements fluctuate here and there, I like to tell my wife that she really doesn't know how to read a tape.

View attachment 562552

Monday 8.17.15 weigh in

Monday weigh in. Down 3.8 pounds from Thursday to 301 pounds. I haven't seen below 300 pounds since I quit smoking 5 years ago. My wife and I walked 7 miles yesterday thru a river gorge and it kicked our ass. I'm about ready to get out of the 44" pants and my belt is on the last hole. That is what I am talking about! Progress. Workouts last week went well, up'd a couple of weights. I felt like I was suffering some constipation last Thursday and 3J and I talked about it, put me on a psyllium which I started Friday and I ordered a probiotic off of Amazon which should be here tomorrow. I don't have any issues with my foods as I tend to keep things simple and eat the same meals. I will say the last three weeks has given me a whole new prospective on food. I have no desire to have something that doesn't fit within my goals except ice cream. I would love for a small vanilla cone as a post workout (hint, hint). I am thankful for my wife as she prepares 95% of my meals for me and that helps me greatly. I'm not sure I'd be as successful following this if it weren't for her.

View attachment 562564

Chest Day - Felt a little weaker today or rather no energy. This is the 2nd week in a row that on Monday I felt like this. I wonder if the low carb from the previous days plays a role in this. Not sure, but I powered thru it. It could have been the extension from yesterdays 7 mile hike also. Could be a mixture of both.

Back Day - Back to normal... sorry for the pun. Workout went really well. Sweating buckets. Diet is on point. I did find out today that 3J does not want me drinking Sugar Free Monster Energy drinks. I had a feeling. No more Monsters for me. Feeling good.

Thursday Morning Weigh in

I hit 300.4 pounds this morning. Still not below the 300 mark, but getting closer. I should be there by next weigh in. Measurements are adjusting as well. 100% compliant with diet and workout. I'm making the assumption that it makes sense to have a lower loss of weight during which days are the high carb days since your body has the fuel readily available to burn from your meals. None the less, 0.6 pound loss from Monday. I'm not at all disappointed.

I have also gone from a 44" pant to 42" and can probably be snug in a 40".

View attachment 562581

Last edited:
Arms

Still chugging along. Workouts are going great. I love arm day. It's amazing how swole your arms get. I'm anxious to see where I am at on Monday morning weigh in. Next Thursday will be 1 complete month with 3J. Time sure flies when you are having fun.

Weekend

Feeling extremely well this weekend. I can sense the 300s may very well be behind me. Not working out on the weekends makes me feel like sometimes I should be. I know rest is important, so I finally cleaned out the garage and I may even get the yard mowed today.

Psyllium- I began the psyllium about a week ago and it is doing great at keeping me regular. I take a tablespoon in the mornings with my meals. It has helped cut down on the gas from the eggs as well. I'm sure my coworkers will appreciate that in the long run. ha ha
Probiotic - Also started taking a probiotic last tuesday. Not real sure the benefit of a probiotic. I can't speak to if it is helping anything at this time.
TRT - I connected with our site sponsor and will discuss my options with them Tomorrow. As some of you know, I have been self medicating for a time now. After posting a few questions on here, the common feedback is try to get under a physician's care.
Diet - Diet is at 95%. I replaced a meal yesterday with a 50grams of protein powder and 1 tablespoon of PB2. My wife and I were heading out to church and I figured that was better than missing a meal. In the short amount of time I have been on this with 3J, I'm thankful that I came across this website and his expertise. Hiring him has been a great decision thus far. I look forward to seeing where I am at a year from now.

Until tomorrow, I'll keep on chugging.

Monday Morning Weigh in

Overall disappointed in this morning's weigh in. I expected more. I'm succumbing to the physiological mind fuck of the scale. I'm down 1 pound since Thursday and I hit 299.4. I'm below 300 pounds and I should be thrilled. Just not this morning. Thursday will be the 30 day mark with 3J. If you look at my results, I'm down 11.6 pounds since I began with him. Measurements are dropping as they should be. Overall this last month has been a success. Maybe I should take my AI - lol.

Happy Monday!

View attachment 562608

Overall disappointed in this morning's weigh in. I expected more. I'm succumbing to the physiological mind fuck of the scale. I'm down 1 pound since Thursday and I hit 299.4. I'm below 300 pounds and I should be thrilled. Just not this morning. Thursday will be the 30 day mark with 3J. If you look at my results, I'm down 11.6 pounds since I began with him. Measurements are dropping as they should be. Overall this last month has been a success. Maybe I should take my AI - lol.

Happy Monday!

View attachment 562608

jesus.. take your ai already

good work brother.. keep the log going!

Monday Chest Day

Chest day yesterday was great. Before the workout I felt drained and honestly didn't think I could pull off the weights like I normally do. However, my mind and heart quickly switched to workout mode and I increased my weight on the bench and incline, thus resulting in a slightly lower decline. I'll work this until my decline is back up and then up the weights some more.

1 month with 3J W/pictures

Its been officially 1 month working with 3J. I'm down 14.2 pounds. I've lost 2.5" in both my waist and stomach, 2" off my hips. Total I have lost 16.75" off various parts. I've learned this lifestyle does require dedication and prep work. Fail to prepare fail to succeed. I've cut out artificial sweeteners and Monster energy drinks. I rely solely on coffee and water. Despite the claims that you cannot get stronger and cut at the same time, I am definitely getting stronger. With that said, it isn't going as fast as it normally would but my workouts are increasing.

Diet - My diet is static. I eat the same thing every same carb day and at the same times. I have overcome the need to eat for pleasure. I eat to fuel the machine. I'd be lying if I were to say I don't crave some things here and there, but once you make the transition in understanding that food is fuel, you can look at a cheesecake and walk away.

Physiologically - It's amazing what little weight loss does to the mind. It builds confidence and provides motivation.

Trt - I am signed up now with IMT (sponsor). Its nice to know that there are medical groups in your corner. Todd has been very gracious in helping and you can tell the man is busy.

Workouts - Workouts are on point. I don't know what I did differently this week but I really felt the back workout this week.

As you can see in the pictures there are settle differences. I look forward to the next 30, 60, and beyond days.

View attachment 562634View attachment 562635View attachment 562636View attachment 562637

Monday 8.31.15 Weigh in

I can't express enough how much I dislike zero carb day. It's almost like placing a big fat kid in a bubble in the middle of a candy store. Now I've done low carb in the past and once you get over that 3 day period where the cravings start to disappear its pretty easy going. Yesterday was torture for me, I'm sure it was a mental struggle and the first one I have had since signing up with 3J. My wife walked into the convenient store and we used to buy no-bake cookies there, it was the first thing that popped into my head. Sadly, they don't even taste that great. Then we were in another store at the cash register and I found myself staring at the candy bars. Again, nothing there that makes you taste and think it's the greatest flavor on Earth. I did not succumb to any of the temptations. It was nothing more than an inner struggle that I won for that day.

Here I find myself on Monday morning another 2 pounds down to 294.8. I'm averaging a loss of about 3-4 pounds a week. I still have another 50-80 pounds to go but its progress and I'm happy to have it.

View attachment 562650

Chest workout yesterday was kick ass. I'm definitely getting stronger and I really felt this workout in my chest which I contribute more to form. High carb days make me feel like I'm bloated. I'll live with if for now, the carb cycling is working for me and I couldn't be happier.

Trt - I started my Monday morning, thursday evening pinning last week with my own stuff. Still awaiting my package to arrive from IMT for my trt. I'm not sure what happended but communication has been non-existent for days now.

Probiotic - Not convinced a probiotic does anything. I'll finish out this bottle and see where I am at. For all I know, I got crap for a probiotic.

Until next time..

Back