bloodwork & testing

Originally posted by DrJMW

My Thoughts on Blood Testing

Blood testing needs to be done three times to get baseline readings. As a minimum, you want to test:

1. Cortisol, Total (367)
2. DHEA Sulfate (402)
3. IGF-1 (839)
4. IGFBP-3 (34458)
5. T3, Free (34429)
6. T4, Free (866-78)
7. TSH (899-75)
8. Testosterone, Total, Free and Weakly Bound (30741)
9. Hemoglobin A1C (496-39)
10. Fasting Insulin (561)

Cardiovascular

11. CBC (6399-20)
12. Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (10231-92)
13. Lipid Panel (7600-4)

Other

14. GGT (482-31) Important Liver Value not included in Comp Metabolic Panel
15. PSA (5363-64)

Your first test should be before starting an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cycle. You should be "clean" before the blood testing. The second test should be in the middle of the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cycle. The last test should be about 5-6 weeks into your recovery cycle. These three snapshots will give you all the information you need to properly plan cycles. Taking the results, along with your fitness goals, safe and effective cycles can be planned. Blood Testing will only need to be repeated once a year after this as a method of checking.

I hate to say it, but blood testing should be mandatory; otherwise, you are just experimenting and this is what gives Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) a bad name. The other problem is getting your own doc to order these tests. If he won't find someone who will (myself or other anti-aging/longevity type docs--there is one in every major city, you just ahve to find him/her.) Lastly, don't rely on your insurance. If you insurance picks up the tab, great. If it doesn't, be prepared to pay. All of the money spent on testing and the meds is an investment in your health and fitness. Don't let some third-party control your destiny.

I look forward to contributing more to the Board.

I think this list is a good starting point, but should also include LH, FSH, prolactin and, of course, estradiol.

StoneColdNTO said:
Originally posted by DrJMW

My Thoughts on Blood Testing

Blood testing needs to be done three times to get baseline readings. As a minimum, you want to test:

1. Cortisol, Total (367)
2. DHEA Sulfate (402)
3. IGF-1 (839)
4. IGFBP-3 (34458)
5. T3, Free (34429)
6. T4, Free (866-78)
7. TSH (899-75)
8. Testosterone, Total, Free and Weakly Bound (30741)
9. Hemoglobin A1C (496-39)
10. Fasting Insulin (561)

Cardiovascular

11. CBC (6399-20)
12. Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (10231-92)
13. Lipid Panel (7600-4)

Other

14. GGT (482-31) Important Liver Value not included in Comp Metabolic Panel
15. PSA (5363-64)

Your first test should be before starting an Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cycle. You should be "clean" before the blood testing. The second test should be in the middle of the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) cycle. The last test should be about 5-6 weeks into your recovery cycle. These three snapshots will give you all the information you need to properly plan cycles. Taking the results, along with your fitness goals, safe and effective cycles can be planned. Blood Testing will only need to be repeated once a year after this as a method of checking.

I hate to say it, but blood testing should be mandatory; otherwise, you are just experimenting and this is what gives Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) a bad name. The other problem is getting your own doc to order these tests. If he won't find someone who will (myself or other anti-aging/longevity type docs--there is one in every major city, you just ahve to find him/her.) Lastly, don't rely on your insurance. If you insurance picks up the tab, great. If it doesn't, be prepared to pay. All of the money spent on testing and the meds is an investment in your health and fitness. Don't let some third-party control your destiny.

I look forward to contributing more to the Board.

What about canada bro. Whats the situation here. I can get checkups from my family physician, but the checkups are real simple....you know....they only test the basic stuff (pb + heart rate....ect). And I cant tell my doc to give me regular checkups like that, coz she would want me to have a specific reason why I would want to have all these tests.....since health care is free here you know! What can I do in my situation.

also what do you guys think of saliva tests.....the ones you purchace off the internet. Are they accurate?

Do you live anywhere near Toronto? If so, then I can hook you up.

At this point, I think saliva testing is still an unproven technology.

SWALE said:
Do you live anywhere near Toronto? If so, then I can hook you up.

At this point, I think saliva testing is still an unproven technology.

yeah bro.i live 45 minutes away!

Back