bodyfat?

M

Matt218

Before you jump me, I got beat with the bad-luck stick. I got the things i need to bulk up, and i'm starting monday...

Keep in mind, I eat 4500 calories a day, 180g of protein.

I'm 6'1, 145lbs.

Any idea how much body fat I got?

ive seen corpses with more bf! are those abs or ribs? no, im just playin with ya kid... id say your around 6%... definetly need to bulk, but you should come out with good results starting with a nice lean frame like that, best of luck to ya bro...

increase the protein, IMO i'd double it... and if you can, increase cals some more...

Haha. Thanks for the help! I didnt think it would be that low.

Last edited:
No offense, but I seriously doubt you are eating 4500 cals a day. Post your typical daily diet.

good point, being that low in body fat I find it hard to believe also eating 4500 unless you are throwing some up after you eat.

what are you starting monday??????????

dude, stop running marathons and just start hitting the gym

sure brings back memories..was once like that too, dude! eat big lift big and never ever overtrain. lucky bastard having abs...^^

how about some double whoppers from burger king everyday and some milk shakes....that will put mass on ya.

or you can do what lee preist does and eat 30+ krispy creams a day :-0

just eat all the time and u will put on mass

The thing i find with guys like yourself-----You have 1 of these problems or a combo.

1.) You do not have a big appetite and are not consistent with getting in meals on time.

2.) Goes in hand with the # above - You over estimate how much kcals your acutally taking in. 4,500 kcals is A LOT of food, and when you say your getting 180g Protein that would only make up 16% of your diet. (kinda get the point)?

3.) You do WAY to much cardio because your afraid of putting on ANY Fat - Its very mental.

One or all of those is probably your problem.

I used to work at Mcdonalds. that was for 5 months, working 5 days a week. at the end of every shift i would eat 2 double quarter pounders and get a supersize cup full of ice cream. Went that route, doesnt work that great.

I cant control the ammount of cardio I do. 4 days a week is basically cardio at my firefighting acadamy.

I havnt thrown up in a few years, which was the last time I was sick. No, I'm not bulemic. I'm 17, my metabolism is through the roof.

Thanks guys.

hey matt! welcome to 'ology! oh sweetie you still have a LOT of growing to do! At only 17 your metabolism is thru the roof; and like you said you do a lot of cardio. The guys on here have some good points; post your diet and you'll get a more accurate calorie count. do you lift? (and more importantly) do you lift heavy and consistently? we can approach this from a lot of angles, but most importantly remember that you've got nothing but time. Eat clean and make slow, quality gains. There's a thread in the diet forum on "fast food gaining"- try looking there. Good luck and post results!
~MINX

I'm not concerned with body fat. I dont know what I did, but I dont watch my body fat, I was curious how much I had. I'm just trying to bulk up like alot of people on these boards. Maybe it comes naturally, but anything I eat goes right through me.

strngthmnx said:
hey matt! welcome to 'ology! oh sweetie you still have a LOT of growing to do! At only 17 your metabolism is thru the roof; and like you said you do a lot of cardio. The guys on here have some good points; post your diet and you'll get a more accurate calorie count. do you lift? (and more importantly) do you lift heavy and consistently? we can approach this from a lot of angles, but most importantly remember that you've got nothing but time. Eat clean and make slow, quality gains. There's a thread in the diet forum on "fast food gaining"- try looking there. Good luck and post results!
~MINX

Thanks a bunch. I'll start counting the calories, I did it once, then just tried to eat the same stuff every day. Not effective, I know. Do I lift? Not as often as most people on here, I'll admit. I'll take a look. Thanks again!

Chaz B said:
not to steal your thread or anything, but Dirk' what do you mean when you say 'kcals' thanks

I was wondering the same thing

Back