Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10-12

Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:

Pull-Up 3 sets to failure

Barbell Row 2 x 8

EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1 x 10

Squats 2 x 10

Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10

I mean is that enough work? Also, how many warm up sets would you do, and when would you do cardio and how much? I'm asking because I really don't have very much time during the week, and two workouts a week is about all I can squeeze in.

Sometimes it's better to pick a routine that you will stick to, rather than an "amazing" routine that you will drop after 2 weeks.

If you really don't have time to do a full workout, I think that is a pretty good short one. It's all compound lifts, and seems to get all the most important muscle groups and includes the big 3 lifts.

everything looks ok, but i'd rather do the leg exercises before lats and have abs on the same day too.

legs could look like this:
squats 5x5 followed by SLDLs one breathing set of 20.

there's another option, 2 full body workouts a week -
day 1:
squats 5x5
bench 5x5
bent over BB rows 5x5
abs

day 2:
DLs 3x8
military press or CGBP or dips 3x8
pullups 2x10-15
BB curls 3x8
abs

I would probably opt to workout three days a week, so i would just use those two workouts back and fourth, so i would be hitting them again every 5 days if i was a beginner. If it got to be too much i would split it up into 3 different workouts a week. When you are doing only two sets of an exercise and lower volume, the sets need to be true work. All these high volume routines i see would cuase flu like symptoms after a few weeks if they were all out get wrenching sets.

I actually just got a new job that will allow me to train about three or four days a week, but I've had trouble with recovery in the past. I tried a few high volume routines but all I ever got was a lot of soreness and a one or two day muscle pump, but no real long term growth. Also, I was so damn tired all the time that it didn't really seem worth it.
I prefer full body routines, but three days a week always seems like too much. Can anyone recommend a good two day a week routine that they've used and seen results from?

Hulk-Hogan26 said:
Can a routine like this actually work:

Day One:

Dips or Bench Press 2 x 6-8

Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12

Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2 x 6-8

Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10-12

Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:

Pull-Up 3 sets to failure

Barbell Row 2 x 8

EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1 x 10

Squats 2 x 10

Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10

I mean is that enough work? Also, how many warm up sets would you do, and when would you do cardio and how much? I'm asking because I really don't have very much time during the week, and two workouts a week is about all I can squeeze in.
THIS WORKOUT LOOKS LIKE ITS FOR THOSE GUYS WHO ONLY WORKOUT ON THE WEEKEND AND FORGET THE OTHER 5 DAYZ.....

VICIOUS_BEAST said:
THIS WORKOUT LOOKS LIKE ITS FOR THOSE GUYS WHO ONLY WORKOUT ON THE WEEKEND AND FORGET THE OTHER 5 DAYZ.....
or someone who's body repsonds well to low volume high intensity work. unlike those who think they have to work out 2 hours a day every day or else they wont see any results.

jackcity10 said:
or someone who's body repsonds well to low volume high intensity work. unlike those who think they have to work out 2 hours a day every day or else they wont see any results.
so true

jackcity10 said:
Exactly.

Did that come from the IA routine thread?

Looks like what I used this summer when I was only in the gym twice a week.

Can't say I gained size because I wasn't eating alot and was playing lots of softball. I didn't lose size though. I did get stronger.

Last edited:
Back