Confusion and Myths about Testosterone and aggressive behavior?

oldmusclemike

So what do you guys think about whether or not the introduction of exogenous Testosterone resulting in high levels of Testosterone effect the aggression of a person. Is it or is it not true that one of the causes of “roid rage?” is due to steroids in many cases.

Example Me: save your comments as me being an asshole. I know that to have been true on occasions but that’s not what this is about. I am Bi-polar and have problems with manic rages. I’m also on meds since 75’. One example of me is when I was on a dose of Test 750mg wk and 450mg Tren A wk and then I plugged in Test TNE here and there. I’m on my way to the gym and get into road rage and almost arrested. I’m in the gym same day and get into a person’s face. Go home get on the phone ranting and raving about all of WTF.

I have been involved in a few altercations when on steroids and maybe would not have gone that far as I know of if not geared up.

This when on Tren and or high doses of Test is the temperament I deal with, or have had to deal with?

Now since then I’ve been back in therapy one on one as well as group and have much better control. However I will tell you that when on cycle I have to be aware at all times of the possibility of breaking my chain in a flash.

I’m doing much better.
So I have seen the so called roid rage in other men that are pretty much very aggressive men and have , in their lives gotten out of control when clean. What do any of you have to say about that this is a myth and it’s all a placebo and made up in your minds.
So the answer isn’t well they are just ass holes because I for one would love to not be a guy that high test makes me more violently aggressive but I think this is a truth for me.

I would appreciate comments n posts intended to discuss high test levels in persons aggression and not how much of an asshole I am.

Have you kept a close eye on your E2 levels? Were you taking an AI? Gimme a sec, i wanna find you a study i read the other day. Just a case study. A man was on TRT and it induce mania. The doses were much lower than yours, and he of course, there was no tren involved.

Androgens can increase dopaminergic action in the brain. Excitability, motivation, aggression, libido all connected to dopamine. When you mix super androgens like tren, it makes scientific sense that you have trouble controlling that manic energy that can sometimes manifest as rage.

Here's the case study: http://www.endocrine-abstracts.org/ea/0019/ea0019p221.htm

Last edited:
Thanks I'll go look see where you have directed me. Ya know though my thoughts before I go is that when some guys say well it's not the Test but it is this or that, ... that actually is what works it, then I say , so it starts with the increase of Test.

Thanks I'll go look . AS I wait for others to reply as to their knowledge of how test increases aggression..

Ya know if high test levels didn't effect aggression how is it explained that guys literally attack the weights in the gym, get a little wild at times (most younger guys). I've always seen guys on cycles to be much more motivated with aggression in the gym when on steroids. It is the older more mature guys that seem to have gotten in more control of their behavior. Remember I'm not talking about everyone or maybe YOU in who are not effected but the ones I / we see getting wild.

Last edited:
Everybody is different Mike. Do whatever works for you bro. I'm not the one that's going to tell u your crazy, get over it, or whatever. I don t see it that way. We were all made to be who we are. We have to practice self control. If you get help for that, then more power to ya. That's more than most would probably do. Atleast you see your aggression as something you need to address and that, I believe, is the first step my friend. Interested to hear other responses.

I don't think it's just in the head. AAS will make one more aggressive without a doubt. I think it is important to understand that, especially if you have a quick temper. Sometimes you have to stop and ask yourself, would I be so upset if I wasn't injecting 700mg of tren each week. I know people who should never use steroids. They are whacked already.

I think it can enhance your personality more, or kind of make you more of what you already are. Most of the time the irritability or quick temper (roid rage) probably has more to do w high estrogen levels

Very interested in this.

I am looking to do my first cycle very soon and I'm a bit worried about being overly aggressive.

I think if I'm expecting it, it won't be so bad.

Very interested in this.

I am looking to do my first cycle very soon and I'm a bit worried about being overly aggressive.

no need t to worry my friend. There is better things to do with your time;-)

Very interested in this.

No need to fear but just to know that it can be something to deal with. However as was said it will enhance the personality that you are previously. So like me if you have that aggressive personality and bad temper then this thread is a warning just to keep in mind when you get upset or angered.

WE all have to know our weak areas and work on them, no matter what it is. So this is just something to know to keep yourself in check.

If you believe this could happen to you (loosing your temper) then that's just it. You are aware so you can do something to avoid or stop your temper before you engage in violence.

Years ago when I was learning how to scuba dive, our instructor always told us that when confronted with an underwater problem, to stop, breath, think, then act. worked for me for over 500 logged dives and works for me on land when some knuklehead cuts in front of me at the 7-11.

Years ago when I was learning how to scuba dive, our instructor always told us that when confronted with an underwater problem, to stop, breath, think, then act. worked for me for over 500 logged dives and works for me on land when some knuklehead cuts in front of me at the 7-11.

Jeeeez, that would have saved me a great deal of trouble as a teen. :eek:

AAS influences hormones, these hormones have an impact on how we react. But instead of the ridiculous portrayal of Ben Affleck throwing a bottle of 'roids to the ground in a fit, it just makes YOU (who you really are) a bit more apparent.

It's not always the asshole that's willing to go to fists, sometimes it's the asshole that taunts us to go to fists - we're just obliging (hopefully not) their poor decision.

I have road rage; always have - being on AAS just often helps me discover new colorful adjectives I get to teach my daughter when it comes to the "idiots that are always chasing us Daddy", that's all.

Jeeeez, that would have saved me a great deal of trouble as a teen. :eek:

AAS influences hormones, these hormones have an impact on how we react. But instead of the ridiculous portrayal of Ben Affleck throwing a bottle of 'roids to the ground in a fit, it just makes YOU (who you really are) a bit more apparent.

It's not always the asshole that's willing to go to fists, sometimes it's the asshole that taunts us to go to fists - we're just obliging (hopefully not) their poor decision.

I have road rage; always have - being on AAS just often helps me discover new colorful adjectives I get to teach my daughter when it comes to the "idiots that are always chasing us Daddy", that's all.

they can chase you but I'd love to see their faces when you step out of the car, lol.

On my first cycle of just test I noticed that I got agitated very easy, it didn't take much to set me off. It reminded me a lot of how I felt as a teen and into my late 20's. I did get myself some councilling and they put me on Lexapro for a few years. My quick temper disappeared, I would still get mad but the little things didn't bother me and I was able to think first before I reacted. I now have a new wife who is just an awesome woman and since I met her I've been off the Lexapro and my temperament is much more calm.

All this got me thinking about the effects of test. My theory is some of us when we're younger have maybe a little higher test than others which may make us prone to having a quicker temper and as we get older and our test levels drop we tend to even out a little more and some of the temper subsides. Then when we add test our levels go back up....and the temper returns. In my case I was able to recognize it so I was able to control it better. I also have the wife keeping a watchful eye on me every time I go on cycle and she's not afraid to tell me when I'm getting mad at something stupid which also helps me control it. This is all just my theory so take it as you will.

Should also note that I was diagnosed in my late 20's as an adrenaline junky by my therapist...basically I made myself angry because I enjoyed the adrenaline rush. To this day I still love to lift angry but it's the only time I allow myself to be angry...unless some a**hat provokes me!

On my first cycle of just test I noticed that I got agitated very easy, it didn't take much to set me off. It reminded me a lot of how I felt as a teen and into my late 20's. I did get myself some councilling and they put me on Lexapro for a few years. My quick temper disappeared, I would still get mad but the little things didn't bother me and I was able to think first before I reacted. I now have a new wife who is just an awesome woman and since I met her I've been off the Lexapro and my temperament is much more calm.

All this got me thinking about the effects of test. My theory is some of us when we're younger have maybe a little higher test than others which may make us prone to having a quicker temper and as we get older and our test levels drop we tend to even out a little more and some of the temper subsides. Then when we add test our levels go back up....and the temper returns. In my case I was able to recognize it so I was able to control it better. I also have the wife keeping a watchful eye on me every time I go on cycle and she's not afraid to tell me when I'm getting mad at something stupid which also helps me control it. This is all just my theory so take it as you will.

Should also note that I was diagnosed in my late 20's as an adrenaline junky by my therapist...basically I made myself angry because I enjoyed the adrenaline rush. To this day I still love to lift angry but it's the only time I allow myself to be angry...unless some a**hat provokes me!

You gotta love a good woman t that brings out the best in us! My better half does the same...a true God send.

Back