Cottonseed vs Grapeseed for Tren Homebrew

waystar

Never Give Up!
Can anyone recommend which is better or the differences, if any?

Also can buy filtered or unfiltered and since I will be doing my own filtering is it necessary to buy filtered? Like 10 bucks more for filtered.

Also I have baked tren at 250 for 30 mins (in pot with water) after brewing completion but it would seem better to bake oil 'before' to sterilized (just to be sure) than after. What is your opinion?

Grapeseed has yet to ever let me down. Never have used cottonseed but I would be interested to hear from those that have. Not sure if it's necessary but I always pre bake and filter oils, just gives me that extra peace of mind.

Last edited:
yea. most all recomendations are gonna be grapeseed.. are u using any eo?

eo is considered a luxury, to thin, and smooth out the solution, and isnt needed for basic concentrations..

depends on what ur doing... im brewin prop, so ill add a low % of eo to kill the inj pain.. and safflower as the oil cuz ive read it goes particularly well with eo.

but to be honest, i would probably use that same method with anything i brew, cuz i like the idea of a thinner solution, and as close as i can get to a clear finished product..

if you buy filtered oil, your going to filter it again... but it would probably be easier at the end, as u started with clean oil.

so, to each his own.

as for the baking/cooking.. filter it twice to make u feel better. i think cooking/baking evaporates the BA. i could be wrong tho, ive been wrong once before.

Last edited:
anyone use grapeseed with fina? Probably splitting hairs here but I have never used cottonseed before.

I heard the grapeseed does not have a long self-life but compared to other oils is it shorter or the same as far as self-life?

also what is 'eo' .x3?

anyone use grapeseed with fina? Probably splitting hairs here but I have never used cottonseed before.

I heard the grapeseed does not have a long self-life but compared to other oils is it shorter or the same as far as self-life?

also what is 'eo' .x3?

ethyl oleate

Grapeseed, cottonseed, will both be fine with fina. Don't sweat it. You'll use it up before you'd ever have to worry about the oil going bad.
I also wouldn't worry about using EO with fina because the injections are completely painfree anyway because of the low mg/ml. EO is best used, and cost justified, when you are making higher mg/ml brews.

Back