Couture vs Liddell

how did it happen.....could someone give me a brief description please!!!!! was is a KO or submission and how long in?

seti said:
how did it happen.....could someone give me a brief description please!!!!! was is a KO or submission and how long in?

They were standing up the whole fight, boxing no brawling. There was about a 90 second timeout after Randy got something in his eye. When the fight resumed, they continued to box. Chuck caught Randy with a punch that kind of staggered him, and while Randy was trying to catch his footing Chuck nailed him right on the button. Randy dropped faster than my senior prom date's panties. He tried to jump on him but Big John intervened and stopped it. Total time was about 2-2.5 minutes. :spank:

Last edited:
Slick Arrado said:
They were standing up the whole fight, boxing no brawling. There was about a 90 second timeout after Randy got something in his eye. When the fight resumed, they continued to box. Chuck caught Randy with a punch that kind of staggered him, and while Randy was trying to catch his footing Chuck nailed him right on the button. Randy dropped faster than my senior prom date's panties. He tried to jump on him but Big John intervened and stopped it.

Slick....Thanks for the update.....time to go do some training ( Greco )

Slick Arrado said:
He tried to jump on him but Big John intervened and stopped it. Total time was about 2-2.5 minutes. :spank:

Actually, he did get on top of him and blast him 2 more times, both clean, and Randy's head bounced off the canvas both times before BigJohn could get to him..

seti said:
Slick....Thanks for the update.....time to go do some training ( Greco )

I don't think Randy needs anymore wrestling training, especially in Greco. He was nasty back in the day...

Lifterdude said:
I don't think Randy needs anymore wrestling training, especially in Greco. He was nasty back in the day...

Yah, I agree, however he slugged it out with a dangerous puncher instead of doing his very effective hit and wrestle into the fence and pummle/pound the guy.........he didn't fight a smart fight....bummer

True, but in UFC I would say that almost every fighter is a dangerous puncher. I think thats what I like about UFC so much. Someone can be a badass but a single punch just right can take anyone out no matter who it is.

I think Randy has a better fight in him that what he showed tonight. Definately would like to see a rematch soon.

Back