Creatine...

Exkon

Never really took the time to educate myself on creatine use.
Currently I use 10 grams post workout.

How many times a day do you take it and at what dosage?

Thanks

I take 5 grams a day. Some people like to load the first 2 weeks when they start using creatine. I think that usually consists of 5-10 grams twice a day. I never go over 3 months on creatine thats just me I'll take a month or so off then back on. We all know everyones different this is what works for me bro take care

I take 5 grams a day. Some people like to load the first 2 weeks when they start using creatine. I think that usually consists of 5-10 grams twice a day. I never go over 3 months on creatine thats just me I'll take a month or so off then back on. We all know everyones different this is what works for me bro take care

Same here. I mix mine with water and apple juice and start drinking it about 20 min. before my workout and continue into workout.

Post workout is the optimal time to take in your creatine. During workout isnt bad however.

Creatine

I use 5gr creatine + 5gr glutamine immediete post workout. With the bad rap glutamine is gettting now days, doubt I will re-up the glut once mine runs out.

too swole said:
Does glutamine and creatine fight for the same receptors when takin together?

The short answer is no. That whole "fight for the same receptors" idea is just wrong in almost every context.

I generally take 5-10 grams of creatine per day, unless I'm using anavar (which is rare since it is so expensive), then I may take as much as 20 grams per day.

They dont fight for receptors, but do both use the CA2+ transport ion, but increased glucose uptake can reslove this issue

I got a creatine question. okay i just bought some cell-tech since it was cheap. It has 38grams of carbohydrate aka glucose. So i guess thats a good thing or should i have some low glucose with it for better abosortion.

just got the phosphagen HP. loading right now, 15 grams a day for 5 days and the back to just 5 grams a day.

loading makes your muscles have the most absorbtion of creatine at first this way you get the maximum results at the end of the cycle or wutever you wanna call it.

Altered_Ego said:
you shouldnt have to load it really..just take it

Loading offers the best possible gains. Because this way you are sure your muscles are saturated in it.

I have a question not so much about Creatine but the ingestion method. You are supposed to take it during or after a workout and it needs sugar to get it transported. But I have been doing some reading on Grape Fruit Juice and it is suggested you never drink it after workout because it casues you to crash. So is it the good of creatine outweighs the bad of sugar???

You should normally consume sugar post workout, but not too fast, because your crash, or insulin response will happen just as fast. But using both dextrose and maltodextrin in your PWO shake allows for a clean long lasting insulin spike and allows you to reep the benefits of taking creatine with dextrose. However, dextrose is not really needed for the creatine to work, creatine works just as well on its own, but you can do which ever way you prefer.

I like to take mine with some glucose, maltodextrin (the amount depending on the workout), alpha lipoic acid (I do 600mg), glutamine (15g or so), and some salt.

5g post-workout should be enough to keep your muscles supersaturated. You can take more to make sure they're as supersaturated as possible, but it's likely you'll just pee the excess out and waste money.

I am just starting to cycle creatine. Should I be taking it on my off lifting days, and if so how much and when? Thanks

Back