Deli Meat

depends, if it is a lean beef that you have shaved at the deli you are good to go.

Exactly, too salty and filled with preservatives. Some lunch meats are very lean but they should not really be how you get a large portion of your daily protein. Dollar per dollar they are a total rip-off, lunch meat seems to be the favorite food of old people, probably because of their convenience. I am not a fan of lunchmeats in general.

huskyguy said:
Exactly, too salty and filled with preservatives. Some lunch meats are very lean but they should not really be how you get a large portion of your daily protein. Dollar per dollar they are a total rip-off, lunch meat seems to be the favorite food of old people, probably because of their convenience. I am not a fan of lunchmeats in general.

they are good for a quick snack...with no bread of course.

huskyguy said:
What is your take on Boars Head meats? They are supposidly very low in fat and salts. I eat a good amount of lunch meat because of convenience in school.

huskyguy said:

No shit on the expense of deli meats! I do like angus roast beef but the other day I had a lb of roastbeef on wheat with veggies for lunch and it costed almost double my dinner which was a whole chicken, brown rice and spinach and tomatoes. deli meats are also like 90% water and injected with a bunch of hormones or some kind of shit so I hear.

I dont think the angus roast beef is pumped with water and hormones though?

Dlove said:
with a bunch of hormones or some kind of shit so I hear.

I hope you know that most if not all of our meat is by now. It's a money game. The only exception may be kosher stuff, but even then I dunno...

i think half the people on this board have been injected with more roids than these poors cows have. So i dont think its a problem.

When you see bubble holes in the turkey...then you know theres some fake shit in there. I don't trust it but theres gotta be some nutritional value to them.......right?

Boars Head brand lunch meats are Kosher.

I asked this same qustion a while back and got some good advice (which I've used).

Cut the lunch meat out and just buy a whole damn Turkey or Chicken and slice it up. A lot cheaper, much less sodium and no other bullshit (if your really serious about what's in your meats go organic).

Brian

Back