Discarding your pins - incineration device

Toshiro

Many of you may already know this, but I didn't see any posts about discarding used pins. Of course disposing of your sharps should never just be thrown into the trash. You can recycle them at some hospitals, pharmacy, and drop off places along with other medical facilities that participate in that sort of program, or even in some states mail them in for recycle.

Another option (new to me) is to incinerate the needle so that only metal the size of a bb left behind. Then it is totally legal to toss the rest in the trash.

Slin pin incinerator can be found at: Buy Zim's The Disintegrator Plus & More | drugstore.com

Amazon has this device as well. Personally I am thinking it is worth it instead of dropping off used pins, mailing them out, etc. Does anyone else use one?

Hope this helps.

Take care,
Toshiro

I just put the cap on back on & wrap it in a paper towel & throw it in the trash. Im not gonna drive to a hospital to dispose of it .

LOL - yeah depending on your state (laws very) that might be ok. Where I live you can just toss it in the trash with no worries. But, it is not the best for the refuse people who have to sort through stuff for recycling.

Back