RB2 - Clinton Portis (WAS)
WR1 - Chad Johnson (CIN)
WR2 - Jericho Cotchery (NYJ)
WR3 - James Jones (GB)
TE1 - Chris Cooley (WAS)
D - Oakland
K - Jeff Reed (PIT)

LOST 1, WON 1 (double header)

Overall a pretty ho-hum week from everyone.

Picked up: Ron Dayne, Dropped: Wynn

Last edited:
Week 4 Starters:

QB1 - Marc Bulger (STL)
RB1 - Frank Gore (SF)
RB2 - Ron Dayne (HOU)
WR1 - Chad Johnson (CIN)
WR3 - James Jones (GB)
TE1 - Owen Daniels (HOU)
D - Green Bay
K - Jeff Reed (PIT)

LOST

Dayne was a huge disappointment. HOU was on the 1 and they called two passing plays *sigh* Bulger looks like a deer in the headlights every play. Daniels is a solid TE with A.J. out.

Added: Green Bay, Chester Taylor; Dropped: Oakland, Deuce

Last edited:
tough sledding for you too huh? I have had terrible luck so far...1-3 record and I'm 3rd in my league in total scoring...seems I catch everybody on their best week.

vendela99 said:
tough sledding for you too huh? I have had terrible luck so far...1-3 record and I'm 3rd in my league in total scoring...seems I catch everybody on their best week.
Head to head match-up leagues are more fun but let's face it, the truly "best" fantasy team has the most total starter points at the end of the year.

Top 8 of 12 teams makes the playoffs so it shouldn't really matter until then. There are a couple of teams in my league that are plain nasty right now...One girl has Favre and Brady, picked them because they're cute...she's 4-0, and One guy has 4 Cowboys on his team and they're on fire, so he's 4-0 too. Didn't see either of them being serious threats. We'll see if Favre and Romo can keep it going for 16 games.

Week 5 Starters:

QB - Jay Cutler (DEN)
RB1 - Frank Gore (SF)
WR1 - Mike Furrey (DET)
WR3 - James Jones (GB)
TE1 - Chris Cooley (WAS)
D - Green Bay
K - Jeff Reed (PIT)

LOST

This was a downright embarrassment, worst total score yet. Not having Johnson/Johnson @ WR is killing me along with Gore being a total tool so far. I have no f'in idea why Cutler didn't have a TD.

Added: Furrey, Dropped: Dayne

you talking about Andre as one of those Johnson's? That's killing me too. Lost Deion Branch this week too...between injuries and bye weeks I can't fill out a starting lineup at receiver this week, and my league is very thin at that position. Thinking about chalking it up this week since half my team has a bye, and the guys I have are better than the guys on waivers.

vendela99 said:
you talking about Andre as one of those Johnson's? That's killing me too. Lost Deion Branch this week too...between injuries and bye weeks I can't fill out a starting lineup at receiver this week, and my league is very thin at that position. Thinking about chalking it up this week since half my team has a bye, and the guys I have are better than the guys on waivers.
Yes, I'd probably have 1-2 more wins (1 for sure) if Andre wouldn't have gone down. I got rid of Mare after week 2 I think.

Week 6 Starters:

QB - Kurt Warner (ARI)
RB2 - LenDale White (TEN)
RB1 - Clinton Portis (WAS)
WR1 - Chad Johnson (CIN)
WR3 - James Jones (GB)
TE1 - Chris Cooley (WAS)
D - TEN
K - Neil Rackers (ARI)

LOST

This is starting to borderline on divine intervention for me to lose. 1) Warner goes down after 2 passes. 2) Chad Johnson averages 10 ypc. 3) LenDale White has a sub-3ypc game (how is this guy a starting RB on an NFL team?). 4) James Jones has a 40 yard TD called back on a non-existent holding penalty.

Added: TEN, Rackers, Warner; Dropped: GB, Reed, Cutler

Fuck, I just picked up Warner too, but it looks like he's going to be out a while now. To add insult to injury, this is the only league that I have a chance in. Once Andre Johnson comes back, and if Bulger stops playing like a faggot, I should be ok.

Week 7 Starters:

QB - Marc Bulger (STL)
RB1 - Frank Gore (SFO)
WR1 - Chad Johnson (CIN)
WR3 - Mike Furrey (GB)
TE1 - Chris Cooley (WAS)
D - TEN
K - Neil Rackers (ARI)

LOST (by 2 points)

Bulger is one more game away from getting dropped, oh how the mighty have fallen. Gore can't do anything until they get a QB in there that can actually complete a pass. I have no idea what happened to the Lions offense, it's as if someone just flipped a switch to "stagnate." Cooley is WAS best receiving option right now, no clue what Gibbs is thinking anymore.

Added: Jerious Norwood; Dropped: Mark Clayton

no doubt...between andre johnson being out for 5 weeks, and kitna and roy williams going flat my team is in the shitter. reggie bush has been a bust and fast willie can't find the end zone. Frustrating to say the least.

Week 8 Starters:

QB - Marc Bulger (STL)
RB1 - Frank Gore (SFO)
WR1 - Chad Johnson (CIN)
WR3 - Mushin Muhammad (CHI)
TE1 - Chris Cooley (WAS)
D - TEN
K - David Akers (PHI)

LOST (This was officially my worst FFB season ever about 3 losses ago)

I'm honestly benching Gore this coming week. How a RB that talented can't still put up at least RB2 numbers on such a crappy team is beyond me. Muhammad didn't do squat against the Lions, although honestly, I think the Lions secondary is way under-rated. LenDale White did any rolly-polly athletes proud this week. Cooley can't amass any yardage to save his life but still finds the endzone regularly so I guess I can't complain.

Added: Muhammad, Akers; Dropped: Furrey, Rackers

Last edited:
The 9ers need a vertical game. Teams are just stacking the box against gore. If Davis, Jackson, Lelie, and Smith ever plan on showing up Gore will be a beast again. Every pass is for like 7 yards so all the linebackers just play right behind the line.

Week 9 Starters:

QB - Kurt Warner (ARI)
WR1 - Chad Johnson (CIN)
WR3 - James Jones (GBP)
TE1 - Chris Cooley (WAS)
D - TEN
K - David Akers (PHI)

WON (barely)

Portis did me proud this week. This is the first time he's actually looked fast to the outside all season. Of course, it was the Jets. How Warner can throw 2 TD's against the Redskins but zero against the Bucs is beyond me. White had his 3rd 100yard game in a row. Jone's production has gone down since Jennings came back, he's only a borderline WR3 now. Lucky I've stashed Chris Henry away, he just has to stay out of jail now.

Added: Ryan Grant; Dropped: Muhammad

Week 10 Starters:

QB - Marc Bulger (STL)
WR1 - Chad Johnson (CIN)
WR2 - Issac Bruce (STL)
WR3 - James Jones (GBP)
TE1 - Chris Cooley (WAS)
D - TEN
K - David Akers (PHI)

LOST

Portis did me proud again this week. Bulger is way more effective with Jackson running the ball. Not sure what happened to White, Fisher usually never abandons the run even when they're behind. Cooley is still blocking more than running routes with all the injuries to the 'Skins O-line.

Added: Issac Bruce; Dropped: Jerious Norwood

Back