DOCS or anybody help with t3 and blood test

Deadlift

My doc wants me to get a thyroid test done for my hyperhydrosis before he gives me a script for anything. I am on 50mcg of t3 right now which is around the normal medical dose. Since my thyroid will be functioning in the normal range, will they be able to tell that it is t3 instead of being natural?

No, he won't be able to tell the difference . what he will see is that your levels are higher then normal and think something else is wrong. I would go off the t3 before getting it tested.
why do you think your t3 levels will be in the normal range? have you had it tested before?

I think they will be in the normal range because my t3 is from a can. pharmacy and the leaflet says the normal dose is 50-75mcg a day. I figure that would mean to maintain a normal thyroid production?

At 50mcg per day, you may be within the normal limits, or you may be slightly elevated, although I doubt it. Wht may show up is a decrease in your TSH, but, again, perhaps not below the normal range.
Does he suspect hyperthyroidism as the etiology of your hyperhidrosis? Does the hyperhidrosis pre-date your T3 use?
BTW, natural hyperthyroidism and exogenous T3 excess cannot be distinguished by a thyroid panel.

I have had hyperhydrosis since I was 10. Do you know why he would check this? I was under the impression this is not the cause for hyperhydrosis.

He's being thorough. You might possibly have been misdiagnosed in the past. Elevated thyroid can cause sweating. I'm making assumptions here, of course.

Deadlift said:
I diagnosed myself with it.

I rest my case ;-)
Seriously, he's looking for other causes. Some ppl sweat heavily without actually having the autonomic dysfunction known as hyperhidrosis. Self-diagnosis has its pitfalls and is not always accurate.

I'd strongly recommend you tell your doctor what you are using,. How on earth is he supposed to figure out what is going on when you are purposefully clouding the picture?

SWALE said:
I'd strongly recommend you tell your doctor what you are using,. How on earth is he supposed to figure out what is going on when you are purposefully clouding the picture?

I have had this condition for 15 years man. The first time I used t3 was 3 years ago.

Back