Drying alcohol?

Cmon give a guy some credit. The reason a person would ask this is if they did not have access to ethy alcohol/everclear. In Canada I don't. Yes I can get bacardi 150 but I prefer a cheap way to do this. Thanks!

Yes one would think! You would have to bring the alcohol to it's low boiling point, capture the mist and cool that... forget what the process is actually called.

Someone posted this on another thread that's why I'm asking:

"You could dry your wet alcohol and make ur own 190pf to 200pf grain alcohol. Just a thought."

paulmancan said:
Yes one would think! You would have to bring the alcohol to it's low boiling point, capture the mist and cool that... forget what the process is actually called.

"You could dry your wet alcohol and make ur own 190pf to 200pf grain alcohol. Just a thought."

well since you got it figured out let us know how it goes. why you need 100% ethyl alcohol?

paulmancan said:

I meant no, you cant "dry" alcohol.

Your thinking of distilling. U need equiptment for that. Seriously Ive tried, spend a few bucks and buy it at the store. Not availible? Buy it online.

And the correct answer goes to .........SprtNVolcoM!

This can be achieved with epsom salts!

pullinbig because the only thing I can get here in Canada is bacardi 150; I don't drink and don't want to spend $30 on a buttle. Besides that I really want to go into solution and I thought that sometimes even 150pf won't cut it?

paulmancan said:

pullinbig because the only thing I can get here in Canada is bacardi 150; I don't drink and don't want to spend $30 on a buttle. Besides that I really want to go into solution and I thought that sometimes even 150pf won't cut it?

$30 is gonna break the bank Paul? C'mon bro. You can buy a pint of that stuff for $10-15 and it will last you for a couple hundred mls. Again, why does everyone make this so hard?

LOL RJ... thats 3 trays of chicken breasts :p It's not a money issue just the point. I don't drink and it will sit on my shelf. I guess theres always next homebrew. That being said to me it's all part of the fun... doing the whole epsom salt drying would be kinda fun. Like a science project at school. HAHAHAH can you imagine a kid doing conversion kits at the science fair, fuck that would be funny.

LOL wow im slow, I applogize. I took the word drying too literally. I thought you were looking for a way to use evaporation to increase your vodka's proof. I was going to make my own gin for a while and had plans to build a little distiller contraption.

I feel even dumber because Ive seen that thread before and said...hmm thats a damn good idea. :baby:

paulmancan said:

if whatever you trying to make wont hold in 151 it aint gonna hold in 195. =0l

Back