Email this guy and tell him he's got the AAS story all wrong

gunz

His email is on the bottom of this post. We can't let such BS be published unchallenged. If your good with the written word drop him a line and tell him how wrong he is. I think we should refrain from ranting and cursing at him, that gets us nowhere. Keep it short and to the point:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...questiongetatoughanswerwhatcansteroidsdotoyou

Ask a tough question, get a tough answer: What can steroids do to you?

Mon Jul 5,12:55 PM ET

By Dave Kindred - Sporting News

Want to get scared? Read this. It's an e-mail from a young man in the Midwest. I had asked him to tell me about his experiences in our Steroid Age.

OK, here goes, informal, hope that's OK.

One of my buddies did steroids (juice) for a year on and off. Before he started, he was a good kid everyone loved to be around. After, he beat the crap out of his girlfriend daily, beat up everyone else smaller than him and started in every illegal activity from theft to con scams.

I used to powerlift and bodybuild. About 85 percent of the males at my gym used steroids. A long list of professional athletes and bodybuilders frequented the gym and got their stuff. You could always find someone that had a bottle of testosterone or winstrol.

Half the guys, and a few girls, went completely nuts! Always getting into fights and trouble with the law, when before using the junk, they were good, honest kids. Yep, kids -- about 30 percent of the roid users were under 20. Why? Because the "big guys" are doing it, and there's nothing wrong with it, especially if the pros are doing it.

One guy committed suicide after beating his live-in girlfriend. Me, I used for four months, only four months! After I had already been a good powerlifter, natural my whole life. So why did I use, even after seeing the B.S. other guys went through? Because you don't see it when you are in that arena! You only see the positives, like being able to lift more weight than 20 people put together. The pump, the power that is experienced is greater and more addicting than anything I have encountered.

Many guys will do anything to feel that way, I mean anything! After using for only four months, my personality changed. I became depressed along with all of my buddies, I lost a lot of hair, my testes shrunk, my moods became uncontrollable. So I stopped completely. Well, it didn't end there. After a few months, my testosterone level was lower than a little girl's. My hormone levels were so messed up that I went even more nuts (no pun intended).

I couldn't sleep. My muscles were wasting. I went from a ripped 222 pounds to 170 in less than seven months. All of my joints hurt. I was sick all the time. I had no sex drive, even when confronted by the most beautiful girl (damnit!). I continued to lose weight, my digestive system was totally off. I felt like crap. The doctors told me that I need to wait it out until I feel better. What? Until I feel better? When the hell will that be!?

Soon I started having muscle twitches all over my body. How freaking annoying! I went from doctor to doctor, trying to find some help. No help! Even the doctor known for writing bogus prescriptions for roids wouldn't help me.

I looked in the mirror, and what did I see? Some little, weak, testosterone-less sicky. All for a few more pounds of muscle and strength! It's ironic, I started out pretty damn strong naturally, but using steroids I ended up weaker than when I started!

Even when I did steroids, I did my research on them -- but not the right kind, the unbiased kind of research. It took me about four years to feel somewhat normal again. Four freaking years! For only four months of roiding!

Some of the short guys that I know that don't do roids anymore are still short, and now they're bald, weak and burned out. Many others have tumors growing somewhere or another in their bodies. Some have had heart, kidney, liver and lung problems. But some of them still use. Because if they stopped, they would feel 100 times worse than they do now.

If a steroid user doesn't come off a cycle properly, it creates so many problems. It would take me five pages to list them all. Most of them don't come off properly. Because they don't know how! Most of the pros and big-time athletes that were doing juice were monitored by a doctor at some point and had some clean roids to use. What do I mean by clean? A great deal of steroids came from Mexico, which didn't have any guidelines at all. And a lot of the stuff had worse stuff in it, especially the veterinarian stuff -- yeah, juice made for animals.

Some guys would report having extreme flu-like symptoms after one shot of a Mexican steroid. Sometimes guys would break out in a purple rash that looked like really bad acne. (I bet half those guys have the hepatitis virus or something. Yuck!) And then they go ahead and share needles! Double yuck!

Some once-beautiful girls now look like ugly men! Some guys get "roid butt" -- after an injection, the juice doesn't absorb properly, and a big cyst develops. It hurts and looks horrible.

The stuff used by pro and Olympic athletes is better than the average guy's, way complex and way expensive, especially with doctors to monitor them. And there are many ways to fool a test. So why worry, except it's your life you're ruining.

Here, I have only one thing to add.

Heaven help us.

Dave Kindred is a contributing writer for Sporting News. Email him at kindred@sportingnews.com

Last edited:
is he seriouse? This guy clearly never touched a hormone in his life. He cleary did not do any research. If he went from 222 ripped to 170 sloppy, than his diet and training were completely off. Also he knows nothing of post cycle therapy (pct). He makes juice heads sounds like junkies, stealing or doing anythying necessary just to get a pump. WTF! Funny thing is its prob some 130 5'2 piece of shit whose never lifted a day in his life. Whats sad is only cock suckers like these have access to papers to write this type of shit, and anything that might not portray this view is wrong and will not be allowed to be published since it is not in the intrest of viewers and not good for rateings.

I just wrote this up real quick and sent it to him, wonder if he is going to reply, probably not.

I just got done reading this article and in my opinion this whole thing was
fabricated. I have used steroids in my life, and never had any problems
such as you talk about. I also have conversed with thousands of users who
have not had any of the problems you talk about. I beleive their is only
one case in medical text concerning liver tumor growth from steroids, and
that was from anadrol given to a woman, for a long period of time as
treatment for her anemia. The truth of the matter is that steroids have
been taken by millions of men for 30 years or longer, where are all the
premature deaths and diseases that supposedly accompany their use. I have
not seen athletes dying any younger, and please don't go and give me info
about lyle alzado, no doctor would corroborate his statements, because they
are void of fact. Yes steroids do pose health risks, such as alcohol,
tobacco, advil, tylenol, and god knows what else you can get over the
counter in this country, but to grossly mistate thier side affects is wrong
for a journalist. I would also like to state that steroids are not for
people under the age of 22-25, and are not for woman for the most part. I
also have no problem with them being banned in sports, but to make the
statements you do in this article is just plain rediculous. I guess people
haven't learned that more good comes from proper eductation than the scare
tactics that are constantly being used regarding these drugs. No one is
going to stop using them, so why not educate them. This is just my
opinion, for the most part, and i am sure you will dismiss this as just
another juice head defending himself. But you should probably educate
yourself before writing an article such as this, because it is obvious to
anyone who knows anything about these drugs, that you wrote this based on
stereotypes and myths and have no actual real world knowledge or have ever
taken the time to even read any of the actual studies in some of this
coutries most respected medical journals.

His one line reply and then what i wrote back. If anyone here is older and can write an intelligent email to this guy, that would be nice, as i am now irritated.

>
>
> Talk to me again when you're 50....

Great comeback, but you neglect to comment on anything i said. I will take
this as your understanding of the drugs, how they work, and what they
actually do in the body is not something you are very knowledgeable about.
You basically wrote an article based on old wives tales. It is a shame
this is the state of journalism in this country. I guess facts have no
place in the sporting news.

Just leave them be. With all this misinformation out there, it'll probably be good for something: scaring little kids from using them. I'll admit I used to think a lot like the typical person, that steroids can kill you, kidney problems, etc. but after a lot of reading here I changed my ways. Media is always fucking things up for a lot of the veterens here. It's bullshit, no doubt about it, but let it be. This guy will stick to his "real life" story no matter how many emails you send him.

JCP2, Can you mail him this?

Anabolic steroids were developed in the late 1930s primarily to treat hypogonadism, a condition in which the testes do not produce sufficient testosterone for normal growth, development, and sexual functioning. The primary medical uses of these compounds are to treat delayed puberty, some types of impotence, and wasting of the body caused by HIV infection or other diseases.

During the 1930s, scientists discovered that anabolic steroids could facilitate the growth of skeletal muscle in laboratory animals, which led to use of the compounds first by bodybuilders and weightlifters and then by athletes in other sports.

And ask him how come he wasted most of his muscle? If there ever was any muscle.

Mex Rookie said:
JCP2, Can you mail him this?

Anabolic steroids were developed in the late 1930s primarily to treat hypogonadism, a condition in which the testes do not produce sufficient testosterone for normal growth, development, and sexual functioning. The primary medical uses of these compounds are to treat delayed puberty, some types of impotence, and wasting of the body caused by HIV infection or other diseases.

During the 1930s, scientists discovered that anabolic steroids could facilitate the growth of skeletal muscle in laboratory animals, which led to use of the compounds first by bodybuilders and weightlifters and then by athletes in other sports.

And ask him how come he wasted most of his muscle? If there ever was any muscle.
Mex, he responded to my first email in five minutes and never responded to my second. Maybe you should send it to him, as i doubt he will even read anything more from me.

It took me about four years to feel somewhat normal again. Four freaking years! For only four months of roiding!

thats ridiculous

gunz said:

If a steroid user doesn't come off a cycle properly, it creates so many problems. It would take me five pages to list them all.

Actually it took him only like 2 sentences above.

[/QUOTE] Some guys would report having extreme flu-like symptoms after one shot of a Mexican steroid. [/QUOTE]

Like test Flu, it happens

jcp2 said:
I just wrote this up real quick and sent it to him, wonder if he is going to reply, probably not.

I just got done reading this article and in my opinion this whole thing was
fabricated. I have used steroids in my life, and never had any problems
such as you talk about. I also have conversed with thousands of users who
have not had any of the problems you talk about. I beleive their is only
one case in medical text concerning liver tumor growth from steroids, and
that was from anadrol given to a woman, for a long period of time as
treatment for her anemia. The truth of the matter is that steroids have
been taken by millions of men for 30 years or longer, where are all the
premature deaths and diseases that supposedly accompany their use. I have
not seen athletes dying any younger, and please don't go and give me info
about lyle alzado, no doctor would corroborate his statements, because they
are void of fact. Yes steroids do pose health risks, such as alcohol,
tobacco, advil, tylenol, and god knows what else you can get over the
counter in this country, but to grossly mistate thier side affects is wrong
for a journalist. I would also like to state that steroids are not for
people under the age of 22-25, and are not for woman for the most part. I
also have no problem with them being banned in sports, but to make the
statements you do in this article is just plain rediculous. I guess people
haven't learned that more good comes from proper eductation than the scare
tactics that are constantly being used regarding these drugs. No one is
going to stop using them, so why not educate them. This is just my
opinion, for the most part, and i am sure you will dismiss this as just
another juice head defending himself. But you should probably educate
yourself before writing an article such as this, because it is obvious to
anyone who knows anything about these drugs, that you wrote this based on
stereotypes and myths and have no actual real world knowledge or have ever
taken the time to even read any of the actual studies in some of this
coutries most respected medical journals.

Extremely well put together bro.

we should get some of the older crowd to email him, people 50 and up. He told jcp2 to email him when hes 50. Well 50 and up email this fuck and tell him your health. I garuntee its a 100 times better than his.

Popichulo said:
How old is Stone Cold? Hes getting there aint he? :)
johnnyb, dadawg, stonecold, ironmaster, and i beleive ulter are in their 40's. Ulter don't hold it against me if you are not, i am not 100% :)

jcp2 said:
Mex, he responded to my first email in five minutes and never responded to my second. Maybe you should send it to him, as i doubt he will even read anything more from me.
holy shit according to that guy im dead and dont even know it :D

Back