Filter Question

fightman

8 Sides, 2 Men, 1 Winner
Gotta a newb question real quick. How many uses do you get out of a basic Whatman/Millipore syringe filter? Basically, I'm just wondering if I can re-use the filter or if I have to buy a new one every time I brew. Thanks in advance.

With the price that bottle top filters are available for, I can't rationalize buying syringe filters.

mranak said:
Simple answer is that you get zero reuses.

Well, that simple answer is wrong. :D

It all depends on how much he is filtering. If its only 20ml at a time, and depending on the hormone and the concentration of the solution, he could feasibly use it several times.

RJH8541 said:
Well, that simple answer is wrong. :D

It all depends on how much he is filtering. If its only 20ml at a time, and depending on the hormone and the concentration of the solution, he could feasibly use it several times.
Go back and read his post. He is asking if he needs a new syringe filter, "every time I brew."

So I must assume that by 'reuse', he means 'reuse at different times."

I had the bright idea of placing a hardly used bottle top filter in the freezer, when though I knew it was a stupid idea....I'm cheap.

Found a bunch of frozen ice in that bottle top filter before I threw it away yesterday.

Back