filter

james

i have been home brewing now for a few months but as cacious as i am sure i am, i do worry sometimes about sterility

how do you know if you have damaged a filter?

how easy is it to do?

cheers for your help :)

i've never had one blow out. when it starts leaking were it attaches to the syringe then its time to change it because its clogged.

Usuallly they will blow out if the solution that is being filtered is too hot. One way to tell when I used to use Whatmans was if the drip drip from the filter was more of a solid stream. You can also look inside the inport hole and see some damage.

oops

the last 2 batches i made had a constant stream right from the begining

should it only ever be a drip then??

mranak said:
Drip, drip?

How fucking long does it take with filter 500mL of oil with that shit? Fuck that.

It doesn't HAVE to drip, but if it is a constant stream the oil is prolly too hot and its not getting filtered properly IMO.

mranak, you wouldn't filter 500ml with Whatman's, well no smart person would. For that qty. a streicup or nalgene bottle top filter is best.

RJH8541 said:
It doesn't HAVE to drip, but if it is a constant stream the oil is prolly too hot and its not getting filtered properly IMO.

mranak, you wouldn't filter 500ml with Whatman's, well no smart person would. For that qty. a streicup or nalgene bottle top filter is best.
thanks

The only time i ever got a drip was when i made a 500mg/ml EQ with no BB

It took about 2 hours and a lot of pressure!!

i think i will use BB next time!!

Back