Filtering EO?

jme020

Been browsing the forums for a while and now and ready to attempt a brew using eo (either 50 or 70%). Any advice on what kind of filter won't degrade/break before the 100mls of product is done filtering? Will the Millipore PVDF do the job? Would really appreciate your advice.

I know if you stay at 20% and below you wont have to worry about melting any of the plastics at the filter element/receiver neck of the bottle top. But, I've filtered close to 200ml at 50% EO, not sure how much more I would've been able to do but I've heard of them melting at less than that.

I know the whatman pvdf syringe filters can handle EO fine for batches but obviously your not going to want to syringe filter 200ml+ you know.

Found another recipe and it calls for 100% eo. I'm only trying to filter 100ml, think that's too much? I've only used gso before, first time using eo. Just don't want to blow through the filter and ruin the entire batch. Never used a small syringe filter before, how long would that take, if it is my only option of course.

What are you brewing and what mg to need that much EO? I have brewed everything except primo which is no diff without EO. You going for a 450 or 500mg test or something?

Copying a friend's t-500 and Tren A 300 recipe. Used them a while back, he had brewed it for me but that was years ago so now trying to redo it myself.

I know the whatman pvdf syringe filters can handle EO fine for batches but obviously your not going to want to syringe filter 100ml+ you know.

if u don't find a filter which works - a calking gun helps alot for filtering thru a whatman syringe filter.

Well good luck with those. Don't know why you would want those to at such a high mg especially the trenA at 300mg? That hurts just thinking about it

Back