finally made it back

pullinbig

Community Veteran
heres some high lights from the meet saturday.

chris cook benched 800 @ 319
chip stewart benched 755 @ 230ish (2nd biggest bench ever by a 242er)
kyle benched 705 @ 230ish. (hes 23, all time world record for a junior 242er)
jeff mcvicar benched 605 @ 198. (trained for 4 weeks after numerous injuries)
brian weston squatted 905 @ 220. (missed 1000 on his third attempt)
wes johnson broke all the records in 16-17 year old shw class. 805 squat + the others
I hit 575 @ 294 for the apf all time bench record in the old farts dividion. (missed 605 on my 3rd attempt)
phil harrington squatted 855 @ 180 (all time world record)

i had to leave before the deads but there were a few over 800.

i am sure the totals for full power were very impressive. ill post the link for meet results once the are finished.

for you guys thinking about competing you will see that several lifters squatted in the 3s and 4s. so dont be intimidated and think everyone in PLing is a freak. there are alot but for the most part its just regular guys and girls having fun.

we had a bunch of teens doing their first meet as well. great meet and well run. about 10 hours from start to finish.

massage therapist on site for massages to all lifters betwen lifts.

the freaks were out today. for you bbers who think PLers are fat you should have seen the veins today. several lifters were well below 10% bf. some freaky ass bodies and from the babes too. the music was so loud we couldnt talk to each other and it wont barry manilow's gay ass singing either. =0)

ill start a new training cycle for bench this week. i was disapointed with my last one but i tried a different approach and it didnt work out. so........ back to the drawing board for another 6-7 weeks. this one will be a lot less volume with a lot of singles and dbls but heavier weight. we'll see where this one takes me as i have had better results with this kinda of training. kyle on the other hnad went fucking crazy off this high volume stuff. his numbers speak for themselves. little bastard. =0)

i also picked me up a new shirt today so i am looking forward to seeing how it hits. my other one is a few years old. one of the original karin shirts.

glad to be back and gotta answer about 30 pms.

started a new bench training cycle this week and hope to have better results off of this one. but to be honest i was just happy to compete again. a 2+ year lay off. it felt so good to be on the platform and here them yell "bar loaded" over the top of some loud ass nasty ass music.

Last edited:
good numbers for those guys.. im thinking of seriously cutting to 145ish b4 i compete im at 185 and i know i could get 335 bench good and a upper 3 or low 400 squat with a mid 3 dead so i think i will fair better in the 140s than the 165's but cutting takes forever... i only lost 10 lbs thus far.. and pullin when you get a chance after you square away all your other pms id like to pm you about my current routine and diet.. peace

hey old man . its good to see you got back in the saddle and represented yourself well at that .
proud of ya bro.

DADAWG said:
hey old man . its good to see you got back in the saddle and represented yourself well at that .
proud of ya bro.

thanks dawgystyle. we have another meet in sept at our gym so i hope to represent a little better then. if i can stay freakin healthy. its getting tough in this old body. =0)

Mudge said:
Some crazy numbers... How tall is Kyle?

bought 5' 10" maybe. somewhere in there.

he didnt decide to do the meet til the 4th bench flight started warming up. we had all worked hard to put the meet on. loading plates, spotting, helping in the warm up room, setting up. etc....... tough to put one on and lift too. he pulled it off nicely though.

kyles got a 900 squat and a 700 dead as well. he is a fucking stud. too be honest another nc lifter is about the only 220 in his way right now and thats travis mash. no disrespect to voguelpohl, kellum and patterson either. travis recently broke ed coans all time total record.

DADAWG said:
pullinbig if i can stay freakin healthy. its getting tough in this old body. =0)[/QUOTE said:
preachin to the choir my friend :)

choir is the only ones who listen anyway.

dawgy maybe you can leave greenbo for a couple of days this sept and make the trip for the next meet here at our gym. this one will be bigger and better. no more scheduling conflicts. 2 meets the same day 100 miles apart. lolololololol the guys/gals had to pick one or the other. i think we had about 60 lifters and they had 85 or so even with bad weather.

pullinbig said:
choir is the only ones who listen anyway.

dawgy maybe you can leave greenbo for a couple of days this sept and make the trip for the next meet here at our gym. this one will be bigger and better. no more scheduling conflicts. 2 meets the same day 100 miles apart. lolololololol the guys/gals had to pick one or the other. i think we had about 60 lifters and they had 85 or so even with bad weather.
maybe so :)

pullinbig said:
hope so.

you see what i weighed in at?
yep i did . i weighed today 1st thing upon wakeing on a empty stomach and was 269 . im shooting for 240 but who knows how long that will take .

Bimmer said:
"phil harrington squatted 855 @ 180" thats a sick lift at that wieght. Any pics?

i dont have any pics. too busy helping out to take pics.

and that 855 @ 180 is the biggest squat ever by a 181er in history. he hit 875 after that easliy but got redlighted for depth. phil mopved up to the 198s last year for a meet and hit a 904 but got redlighted for depth as well. he settled for a 865 at that meet.

Back