First cycle in a decade, what do you think?

AereoZon

I'm 38yo, 6ft1, 250lbs, 25% bf. I've lifted my whole life off and on with most of it being on. I am passionate about strength training as opposed to bodybuilding and am determined to hit some strength goals before 40 if possible. I am currently in a calorie deficit to reach 15-20% bodyfat (although, admittedly, I'll probably be fine with 20%). I have zero desire to stack different steroids, and I don't want to use orals (besides pct of course). I am thinking about this:

1-12 Testosterone Enth or Cyp or Sust 500mg/week
15-17
Day 1 - Clomid 200mg + Nolvadex 40mg
Following 10 days - Clomid 50mg + Nolvadex 20mg
Following 10 days - Clomid 50mg or Nolvadex 20mg
OFF minimum of 12 weeks

I'd appreciate any advice and guidance you can offer. Thanks.

Last edited:
Get your body fat % down before starting a cycle. It will help reduce bad side effects.

Use Test E or C. It makes msanagibg estradiol easier along with timing PCT. Nor does it require pinning EOD like Sust. Test E and C should be pinned twice a week.

I didn't see an AI or hCG in your cycle. You really need them.

You don't need to start clomid that high.

You have to stay off longer before you start another cycle. Rules is Time On + PCT = Time Off

What blood work are your running and when?

Get your body fat % down before starting a cycle. It will help reduce bad side effects.

Use Test E or C. It makes msanagibg estradiol easier along with timing PCT. Nor does it require pinning EOD like Sust. Test E and C should be pinned twice a week.

I didn't see an AI or hCG in your cycle. You really need them.

You don't need to start clomid that high.

You have to stay off longer before you start another cycle. Rules is Time On + PCT = Time Off

What blood work are your running and when?

Everyone has a different take on PCT, I didn't use HCG in my other cycles when I was younger and never had any issues. All I ever used was clomid and nolva. I'll get to at least 20% before starting a cycle, I'm a newb here, and don't expect to start shopping for a bit. And, yes, truth be told I'll only do one cycle a year at the most. I've had no problem not doing a cycle for over a decade and really just want to reach some goals. Although, I believe that a cycle of testosterone every year can only help things but that's just my .02.

Blood work? I have to admit that that is low on my priorities right now. It is what it is. I'll do some research on the when and how and why of blood work but frankly, I know using steroids can be a health risk. Not sure what my blood work will mean to me. But, yes, i will look into that and welcome any input you can offer as well. Thanks.

hCG should be used during the cycle to maintain testicle health and size. It is not used during PCT as it is suppressive to the HPTA.

How do you manage estradiol without the use of an AI or blood work?

hCG should be used during the cycle to maintain testicle health and size. It is not used during PCT as it is suppressive to the HPTA.

How do you manage estradiol without the use of an AI or blood work?

I'll have to research exactly what you are referring to. What is "AI?" I may not be up to date with my acronyms. Like I said, I'm open to learning that I should be doing more than just doing the moderate dose of Test and PCT for 12-17 weeks. But, I didn't have to do any of that before so it will take some more time for me to research and be convinced I need to do it. Research has just begun. Gracias again for your input.

Aromatase Inhibitor.

The aromatase enzyme causes testosterone to convert (aromatize) into estradiol. Estradiol is a potent form of estrogen. If it is too high, it can cause side effects like edema, gynecomastia, water retention, high blood pressure, fatigue, etc. You definitely need to manage estradiol on cycle. Read the sticky threads here to learn more.

Thanks for the info guys. @Megatron, I see your sig references blood tests. Are those all that I would need? Just do one before, halfway, and after? That is cool because the main reason I steer clear of blood tests is finding a doctor, dealing with the BS, etc. I'll look into those links, I am wondering how it works but I'm sure it will have an FAQ. Thanks again guys.

Thanks for the info guys. @Megatron, I see your sig references blood tests. Are those all that I would need? Just do one before, halfway, and after? That is cool because the main reason I steer clear of blood tests is finding a doctor, dealing with the BS, etc. I'll look into those links, I am wondering how it works but I'm sure it will have an FAQ. Thanks again guys.

Those are the blood tests you will need. And no doctor required. They are cheap and fast. Use the Privatemdlabs for the pre and post labs. Use the Labsmd one for the mid-cycle labs.

Okay so my cycle is shaping up to this. Let me know what you think and because I am 25% bf right now I am holding off until I am at least 20% bf before starting. In the meantime I will be reading and learning more from this site. All of your experienced advice is welcome.

1-12 Test Enanthate 500mg per week (250mg on Monday and 250 mg on Thursday)
1-15 Exemestane 12.5mg everyday
1-12 Hcg 500iu per week (250iu along with testosterone injection)
-- edited out hcg 1000 iu (not needed)--
15-18 Clomid 50mg everyday
15-16 Nolvadex 40mg every day
17-18 Nolvadex 20mg everyday for 2 weeks

Glute injections 25g 1.5"; Delt injections 25g 5/8" & 21g draw needles
Bloodwork: Week 0, Week 6, Week 21
Privatemdlabs Week 0 & 21, Labsmd for Week 6

Last edited:
Okay so my cycle is shaping up to this. Let me know what you think and because I am 25% bf right now I am holding off until I am at least 20% bf before starting. In the meantime I will be reading and learning more from this site. All of your experienced advice is welcome.

1-12 Test Enanthate 500mg per week (250mg on Monday and 250 mg on Thursday)
1-15 Exemestane 12.5mg everyday
1-11 Hcg 500iu per week (250iu along with testosterone injection)
12 Hcg 1000iu everyday
15-18 Clomid 50mg everyday
15-16 Nolvadex 40mg every day
17-18 Nolvadex 20mg everyday for 2 weeks

Glute injections 25g 1.5" & 23g draw needles
Bloodwork: Week 0, Week 6, Week 21
Privatemdlabs Week 0 & 21, Labsmd for Week 6

That looks good. Nice job doing your homework.

You don't need to blast hCG in that last week. Staying at 500iu will be fine.

And find at least one other spot to pin besides glutes. Good spots are delta, quads and ventroglutes.

Finalky, drawing test with 23g is hard. Get 21g needles for that.

That looks good. Nice job doing your homework.

You don't need to blast hCG in that last week. Staying at 500iu will be fine.

And find at least one other spot to pin besides glutes. Good spots are delta, quads and ventroglutes.

Finalky, drawing test with 23g is hard. Get 21g needles for that.

Noted. How much will this cycle cost me? Although I am not going to start until my bf% is lower I may prefer to start picking up items as I can along the way. Any guidance is appreciated as always.

One other question I have is how to incorporate the hcg. Do you just suck up the hcg in the same syringe as the Test or do you typically do two injections (one test and one hcg)?

Last edited:
Noted. How much will this cycle cost me? Although I am not going to start until my bf% is lower I may prefer to start picking up items as I can along the way. Any guidance is appreciated as always.

One other question I have is how to incorporate the hcg. Do you just suck up the hcg in the same syringe as the Test or do you typically do two injections (one test and one hcg)?

Sorry... price talk is not allowed in the forums.

You can pin hCG either way. I have done both. Obviously, injecting Test and hCG intramuscularly means fewer injections. I prefer to do them separately though as I find the oil and water don't "mix" well in the syringe. If you do them separately, you can pin the hCG subcutaneously with an insulin syringe. So try both ways and see what you prefer.

@megatron, appreciate the info, and to be clear I was not trying to violate a rule regarding prices. I read the newbie info and did not see a note to not ask anything about prices. I apologize for any misunderstanding, I'm just trying to learn what I need to learn. The research continues . . . .

Last edited:
Back