First Meet

blackbeard

well im glad i finally got my first meet under my belt..I had a great time met a lot of great people and had a blast..th meet was run fairly well some delays but allin all it was a blast..
heres what i did
SQ 705
Be 501
Dl 501

i really had issues with the mono and should have gone to practice before the meet..my friend told me to lower all my attempts and just get lifts in and thats what i did all my squats were given 3 whites..I feel good about that but i was way light on all my attempts

Im amazed at my benching---i have the hardest time touching weights in the gym yet here 465 (opener) was a breeze to touch missed 485 but nailed 501 and again still on the light side for me but i got an excellent tip from a lifter about the metal shirt that made a world of a difference on my 501 and will only add more to my bench-i thought i knew how to jack up my shirt but apparently not lol

On my first bench attempt i pulled something in my low back/glute i really think i was cold as it seemed forever from my warmup to my 1st attemt so i pulled 501 and called it a day..

I t was a learning experience and i think i learned a great deal by LIFTING and not going for broke and getting nothing on the board..get some more mono experience and i know im higher in my other lifts already and ym total will be better

You did great, it was great to meet you. I hope you can get down with John and Chris from II from time to time they are some of the nicest most helpful people you will meet. You have alot more in the tank to add to that total. Congrats.

jcp2 said:
You did great, it was great to meet you. I hope you can get down with John and Chris from II from time to time they are some of the nicest most helpful people you will meet. You have alot more in the tank to add to that total. Congrats.

Im definitely gonna try to get down there..I got so many elpful tips yesterday it wasnt even funny..didnt get a chance to talk with CT but Bernor and Joel were extrmely nice and helpful..glad i went
youll be much more relxed in Novi for your meet having done this

blackbeard said:
Im definitely gonna try to get down there..I got so many elpful tips yesterday it wasnt even funny..didnt get a chance to talk with CT but Bernor and Joel were extrmely nice and helpful..glad i went
youll be much more relxed in Novi for your meet having done this

Yeah, that feeling like i was going to trow up before my first bench went away, lol. Hopefully it won't come back in Nov. :)

jcp2 said:
Yeah, that feeling like i was going to trow up before my first bench went away, lol. Hopefully it won't come back in Nov. :)

hahaha
i couldnt think straight when i was squatting i was so damn worried about getting the bar in the right spot (which i didnt) everything else went to shit
but im smarter and there are a lot of things that i know i need to work on to get my pull up :)

what ya weigh in at. and congrats on yout first meet, nice #s.

and i aint gonna say i told ya so about the mono either. =0l

With numbers like those, I don't know why you waited until now to go to a meet. Good stuff. Hope this if your first of many.

pullinbig said:
what ya weigh in at. and congrats on yout first meet, nice #s.

and i aint gonna say i told ya so about the mono either. =0l

go ahead say it-i didnt doubt you..i just thought warming up id get the hang of but i really need a few workouts with one-couldnt find my groove with it but i made the best

i didnt have to "cut" weight just had to be careful JCP can tell ya how fat i am lol
weighed in at 272

blackbeard said:
go ahead say it-i didnt doubt you..i just thought warming up id get the hang of but i really need a few workouts with one-couldnt find my groove with it but i made the best

i didnt have to "cut" weight just had to be careful JCP can tell ya how fat i am lol
weighed in at 272
yeah, but i am the one that weighed in at 276.4, lol

SaVaGe said:
Nice lifting Blackbeard.
When's your next meet, candyazz in Nov?

thnks man-sorry i didnt get the chance to say hello
im gonna work on a few things first and then see whats around
how about you?

well you like 50% of the powerlifters. bald with facial hair. =0)

is that a 210k (463#) bench? they didnt have spin collars?

congrats once again bb. nice job.

Last edited:
Back