Flax vs fish oil dosage help!

jawilkins35

I've Ben talking flax seed oil for my fat intake and omega 3 . I just now got a bottle of 1000 mg pills . Will I be good taking 2 pills per meal 12 pills daily ..
I'm also going to take fish oil 2 pills in the am to help with joint pain . And bad back . Should I take. Moor fish oil in my day along with the flax . Can I take both . .?. *Fish oil pills are 1000 mg a well * ..*

Flax oil vs fish or both .

I've Ben talking flax seed oil for my fat intake and omega 3 . I just now got a bottle of 1000 mg pills . Will I be good taking 2 pills per meal 12 pills daily ..
I'm also going to take fish oil 2 pills in the am to help with joint pain . And bad back . Should I take. Moor fish oil in my day along with the flax . Can I take both . .?. *Fish oil pills are 1000 mg a well * ..*

Stupid question how manny pills would that be . I've don some reserch and the answers have Ben quite diverse . Some say 24 pills . Some say 12: 14 ... Two table spoons of both . Or combined . The flax oil are 1000 mg .. I'll talke 12 pills totall ? And the fish is like 1200. I'll just do the same I'll take 12 tabs .. Are you sure that's not to much for someone over weight . Say 25 over bf ..
Or dos that matter

If you fish oil is 1200mg per capsule just take 6 capsules. They are only 10 calories each or so, nothing to worry about.

Just take 6 of each capsule everyday.

They are both good oils and you can take them for the required lipids in your diet. But remember they each have different properties. Do some research. For example, fish oil is a great anti-inflammatory, joint support, heart health and more. Flax on the other hand is a blood thiner like aspirin and taking too much of it is not recommended.
But remember they are oils and take as many mg/g that your diet requires.

Combined .. Correct .. So whatever my diet requires I should take . Chain I'm 265 , 6 ft, bf high 25
How do I figure out how much to take .. I was told three table spoons ? Sound right .. U think 12 flax and 6 fish would be to much ..?

I just use the animal omega Paks and the gnc fish oils with krill in it. That's some good oil right there.... ;)

you CANNOT take too much fish oil... period.... I use 9 grams a day....different companies vary greatly on actual mg per capsule, mine are 1500 per capsule...more generic ones are only 300mg per capsule...look on nutrition facts......flax oil on the other hand, not sure about

alternate between the two
2 pills three times a day - am - noon - pm (dinner)

not going to all that much for joint pain. it will reduce inflamation but u need more than that for pain

Combined .. Correct .. So whatever my diet requires I should take . Chain I'm 265 , 6 ft, bf high 25
How do I figure out how much to take .. I was told three table spoons ? Sound right .. U think 12 flax and 6 fish would be to much ..?
Combined. Correct. Bro,how much you need is a totally different thing. Your current diet, your goal, are you cycling at the moment and what compounds are all important factors.

That's only 6 pills a day .. How's this 6 pills total . Flax seed oil . And 6 fish for the joint pain . I know you said two three times a day . But I want to help the pain . Just not eat to much fat . What do you think . 6 flax totall . 6 fish if not moor . For joint

12,000 mgs is prob too much man. Anti inflammatory effects are noted at just 3000 and too much is a bad thing and will "thin your blood" substantially. More isnt always better. I personally take 3000/day in the form of flax meal but i wouldnt go over 6000. Just my input.

Right .. Makes sence even know I've gotten so manny mixed reactions so far .. You'll trip out if you googl this shit some people say take as much fish oil as you like ... I'm talking 5 flax .. And five fish . For a wile try to get some lube going .. I think it's helping .. . Going off in two weeks . Man am I dreading it I don't want to come off ..

1500mg - 3000mg of Omega 3's is what you need to work with. I have taken up to 9000mg and I will take 6000mg when injured. How you get them is up to you.
I will tell you this. Flax requires 2 steps in the body while fish only requires 1 for conversion.
I take fish oil.

check my notes and felt I should add this.

Flaxseed and Fish Oil both contain Omega-3s, but they're different. Flaxseed contains short chain Omega-3s (alpha linolenic acid) and fish oil contains long chain omega-3s (EPA and DHA). You can't just take one or the other. They both have beneficial properties separate of each other. For example alpha linolenic acid has been shown to reduce levels of C-Reactive Protein (a general marker of inflammation that's been correlated with risk of heart disease), but EPA and DHA do nothing to CRP.

Back