Gaining journal -by Iceman

ICEMAN11

As I'm getting back into lifting I decided to make a log, mainly for myself to see improvements.

About myself:
Height: 5'11
Weight: 182lbs (83kg)

About myself:
I've been on and off the gym for 9 years, diet has never been better than "ok". When I was the most dedicated at 19 years old I gained up to 202lbs, I was around 17% bf. Shortly after that I completely lost control of my life, lots of drinking, drug abuse and so on. About 12 months ago it got worse, and I started using much more than I had before. 7 months ago I went to rehab, and I have been clean since, when I went to rehab I weighed in at 135lbs, I had lost all the weight because of amphetamine use. After the 2 month rehab where I received several meals each day I was back to a normal 172lbs.

I have been reading this forum for a few months now, I'm not considering AAS as of yet, because I can do so much more first naturally. Although in rehab I had bloodwork regularly, and my doctor told me that I had low natural testosterone, possibly as a result of drug abuse, he said that the opiates could be the cause.

Dirty bulk:
Well let's get to the fun part. I have made a meal program, following instructions and advices given on this forum. I'll be eating a 600cal surplus to my TDEE. The program is not final and I will tailor it to my workout better once I'm started. If I feel like I can add calories, I will.
The meals are 6. 7am, 10am, 13pm, 16pm, 19pm and 22pm.

Daily totals:
Protein: 239g
Carbs: 200g
Fats: 132g

This does not include any supplements. They will be added on top of this.
Whey protein
BCAA's
Preworkout
Multi-vitamin
(anything I should add?)

My workouts will take place in the mornings, I do not prefer this as I am not a morning person, and I feel my body is still tired for a couple of hours after I wake up, but I'll get used to it. Can't do them after work, that's the time I go to meetings, spend time with the gf and study. Workout schedule is all weekdays, one muscle group per day as a start and pause on the weekends. I may also change that up with time if I feel like it's better.

I will post my monthly weigh-in, 1st of every month, and pics with it.

Just to start, here's a couple shots from a few days ago, at 182lbs.

as for supplements, you might as well throw some creatine in there. its cheap and along with whey, is a tried and true supplement

Sweet, I am sure that those will bring days and months of quality food wherever you go. Nice one! By the way what exactly are you using as your protein source?

My protein source is mostly chicken, and sometimes salmon. I don't like pork that much, but I will probably get bored of chicken after a few weeks and change some of it out for pork.

I had hoped to go out and get my gym membership card today (at a local powerlifting club/gym). But I'm home sick, stupid norovirus, can't get anything down without returning it back out one way or the other. I already have a gym membership card, but that is a much more "commercial" gym, plus the opening hours are very short. At the powerlifters gym I have 24h access to the gym, members are literally just given keys to the building, which is great.

Back