Gaining mass to quickly?

JMHFL7

Started: 5'10 @ 168
26 days later 5'10 @ 177

I have been eating approx 3,000 Cal

I have been using EQ - running 400 wk. Today is my 4 week on it and I have gained 9lbs. Is the EQ not supposed to hit after the 3rd - 4th week? As I have mentioned in other threads, I have used this 3 times before. This time around though I have gained weight very early in the cycle.

Does this mean that I gained 9lbs w/o the help of EQ and more weight is to come?
Did EQ lose its normal effect and reacted quickly in my body?

MY MEALS:
I work nights so my day start at 600-630PM
630PM - MRP/Protein Shake w/ Milk (2%) = approx 600+ cals
900pm - Chiken (7-8oz) + 1cup Rice + Beans
1200am- Chiken (7-8oz) + 1cup Rice + Beans
300am - Chiken (7-8oz) + 1cup Rice + Beans
(Sometimes I substitute chiken for Steak or Fish)
500am - Sometimes I eat a yougurt (240 cals)
630am - Work out
800am - I protein shake of 90cals (18grms protein) + 1 cup milk (2%) + 2 mineral capsules + 3 EFA capsules
3 whole eggs w/ some olive oil on top (approx 3/4 tbsp) and 1 bowl of oatmeal with 3/4 cup Milk (2%)
1000am - Yogourt (240 cals)

Any input would be great.

post everything you are taking.

at 5'10'' and 168lbs you are far below your natural potential, so larger and faster gains at this point are definitely expected. I'm sure a lot of that is water as well. At your height, once you get passed 200-220lbs, it become more difficult to put on and maintain mass, depending on your genetics.

Soak it up cuz gains like these won't come on every cycle!

outlawtas2 said:
post everything you are taking.

at 5'10'' and 168lbs you are far below your natural potential, so larger and faster gains at this point are definitely expected. I'm sure a lot of that is water as well. At your height, once you get passed 200-220lbs, it become more difficult to put on and maintain mass, depending on your genetics.

Soak it up cuz gains like these won't come on every cycle!

I did post everything I eat. I may add greasy food once in a while, but not much.

As of now I am 177, my goal is 190+

man I can't believe you have done 3 cycles before and only weighed 168lbs , have you been terminally ill ?

EQ doesn't tent to bloat and at that dose that's some pretty good gains...do you look bloated at all ?

On a side note:

You eat well throughout the day and then starve yourself after your workout, 1000 cals and 70g protein for 8-9hrs seems a little low... anychance you can jig things around ? Also add more protein to your workout shake, maybe 40g.

Lucky13 said:
man I can't believe you have done 3 cycles before and only weighed 168lbs , have you been terminally ill ?

EQ doesn't tent to bloat and at that dose that's some pretty good gains...do you look bloated at all ?

On a side note:

You eat well throughout the day and then starve yourself after your workout, 1000 cals and 70g protein for 8-9hrs seems a little low... anychance you can jig things around ? Also add more protein to your workout shake, maybe 40g.

1. 1 CYCLE did less than 100 mg per week for 1 month. Went from 135 to 153.
2 CYCLE did Pyramid sytle. Used about 2500mgs for 10 weeks. Went from 150 to 167.
3 CYCLE partied hard and went down to 145. Did pyramid style 2500mgs in 10 weeks. Went from 145 to 169
PRETTY GOOD GAINS FOR EQ ALONE, NO? This is all within a 2 year frame.
4 CYCLE - doing now @ 400mgs wk for 8 weeks or so.

My body does NOT look bloated, BUT my stomach is bloated ALL the time. I hate it! But this is normal in me and now even more due to the amount of food I eat. I have to suck it in a bit and it looks extremely flat.

My breakfast is good I think. Shake + Eggs + Oatmeal, then 1.5 hours later a yogourt w/ 240 cals. What do you suggest?

Last edited:
" 1 CYCLE did less than 100 mg per week for 1 month. Went from 135 to 153.
2 CYCLE did Pyramid sytle. Used about 2500mgs for 10 weeks. Went from 150 to 167."

Trip out..1st cycle was short and using very little gear= 20 lbs
2nd cycle was a ton of gear (not sure what kind) for longer duration and gained less lbs.

Speaks volumes about diet, training, and hitting nattty potential before incorporating gear.

Not a flame, just an observation......

hell i've gained 27lbs in 29 days and woulod have rather not. far too obvious. damn dbol

Old Balls said:
" 1 CYCLE did less than 100 mg per week for 1 month. Went from 135 to 153.
2 CYCLE did Pyramid sytle. Used about 2500mgs for 10 weeks. Went from 150 to 167."

Trip out..1st cycle was short and using very little gear= 20 lbs
2nd cycle was a ton of gear (not sure what kind) for longer duration and gained less lbs.

Speaks volumes about diet, training, and hitting nattty potential before incorporating gear.

Not a flame, just an observation......

You are right, I just thought I'd never gain naturally so I just hit the EQ asap.

There are many reasons why one should reach at least near-peak performance natural before adding gear. My favorite reason: jumping into anabolics too early will, for most, lead to injuries - - often irreversible. It's happened to me, and to many others I've known.

EQ only cycle? You're on week 4? Your gains are likely not all muscle, or exclusively the result of the EQ (i.e., could be added calories, better workout regiment).

Ponderosa said:
There are many reasons why one should reach at least near-peak performance natural before adding gear. My favorite reason: jumping into anabolics too early will, for most, lead to injuries - - often irreversible. It's happened to me, and to many others I've known.

EQ only cycle? You're on week 4? Your gains are likely not all muscle, or exclusively the result of the EQ (i.e., could be added calories, better workout regiment).

Well, I do look bigger. Muscles look bigger and of course, its not all muscle. There is some fat and water retention I am sure. Hopefully the EQ hits now and I can get at least 10 - 15 lbs from it because these gains have been to fast and I have heard that EQ does not hit until later.. is that correct?

Back