Getting ready for my first HB

hard2gain

So I've got everything here and ready to go but I've got a few questions and a minor prob. I plan on using Dialtone's recipe in the sticky for test e 250mg/ml for 40 ml, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Q: the "powder" came as almost a wax. I've read this is normal but do I need to do anything to it first? Or do I just cut a chunk off to weigh it?

Q: I got all my supplies based off a article I read on basskiller. The filters I got are whatman .45 and someone recently told me the gear isn't safe unless you use a .22. Is this true? Should I hold off my first batch till I get these?

Problem: I ordered a 100ml sterile vile to mix in but it was not sent with my order. I'm trying to figure out a way to use one of my 50ml sealed vials. Any suggestions? Maybe an easy way to get the crimp top off?

Any help, suggestions, or comments are much appreciated. I'm a complete newb at this but a quick learner.

Test E's melting point is extremely low so at room temperature it melts. You can store it in the fridge and it'll harden back up and just break chunks off and weigh it. You can also do it as a paste but it's a pain in the ass and messy.

I only use .2 micron but know plenty that use .45 all the time. I see no problem in using .45 micron. It's been said that it doesn't sterilize completely but i've yet to see proof on that, but it leaves the chance of smaller bacteria getting through due to the larger pore size. I would opt for the .2 next time just for the added assurance but you'll be fine.

Is the 50ml sealed vial empty? I'd just leave the crimp top on and put a pin in the top for a vent and just filter into it.

Are you going to be using EO with dialtones recipe? If not I like to use 18-20% BB just to lower the viscosity some. But some people prefer less solvents so it's a personal preference thing.

use the .2 micron. Chris is right the .45 doesnt sterilize completely. I used the .45 for my first go and it hurt my ass cheek something serious/lump etc then tried the .2and it was fine.

Thanks for the reply brother.

I have a few of the 50ml sealed vials and I was planning on filtering into one. The problem is I don't have a beaker or anything thats been sterilized to mix the test with the ba/bb and gso. I was thinking about pulling the crimp off one of the sealed 50ml's to mix and cook in.

Are you going to be using EO with dialtones recipe? If not I like to use 18-20% BB just to lower the viscosity some. But some people prefer less solvents so it's a personal preference thing.

No I don't have any eo. What would be the downfall of more solvents. I have 100ml of ba and 100ml of bb. So there's a little play room there I guess.

You don't need something sterile to mix it with. The sterility part comes in while filtering. Then you have to worry about it going into something sterile. You cab buy a Pyrex measuring cup to mix and heat. Or any other tempered glass for your mixing jar. Then filter directly into the sterile vials. Youre using syringe filters?

You don't need something sterile to mix it with. The sterility part comes in while filtering. Then you have to worry about it going into something sterile. You cab buy a Pyrex measuring cup to mix and heat. Or any other tempered glass for your mixing jar. Then filter directly into the sterile vials. Youre using syringe filters?

Are you 100% sure of this? I'm just trying to be as safe as possible here.

Yes I'm using syringe filters. I would like to eventually upgrade to a filter system with a hand pump but I wanted to keep it simple for my first go.

No I don't have any eo. What would be the downfall of more solvents. I have 100ml of ba and 100ml of bb. So there's a little play room there I guess.

If you stay within standard ratios then there won't be any downfall. BA causes pain for some, but 5% BA isn't going to do anything more than 2% BA. So I and most prefer less BA.

As I said earlier, I like to use 18-20% BB but thats because I like thinner oil. 15% is more than fine though.

And like said above, nothing is going to be sterile when mixing raw, solvents and oils so it wont matter. Definitely get a beaker but for now any glass measuring cup will work.

Are you 100% sure of this? I'm just trying to be as safe as possible here.

Yes I'm using syringe filters. I would like to eventually upgrade to a filter system with a hand pump but I wanted to keep it simple for my first go.

Ya, nothing will be sterile until it passes through the filter. And that filter will have a needle on it sticking into your vial. Your raws aren't sterile and neither is your carrier/solvents.

One more question. How much should I let it cool down before filtering. Don't want it to be too hot and blow the filter.

I usually never go any warmer than 120f. It may be able to handle more heat but I feel most comfortable at this temp and it holds heat long enough to filter the whole batch.

Filtering now. Dtones recipe ended up making more than 40ml. it was like 43 I'll post a pic in a few.

Bake in the oven at the end or not?

Ya, it happens becuase people just use .75 as the powder weight. If you use the correct weight the math changes slightly. When you start doing bigger batches is when you want to change it otherwise you end up with 20+ ml extra.

No baking in the oven. It's an internet fallacy imo. Filtering is what strerilizes. Now if you have an auto clave then ya you can, but why when it's already been filtered you know?

Do you think baking would kill anything the .45 let through that a .2 wouldn't? I'm just paranoid about not having the "right" filter.

Also I made a slight mistake. I forgot to set aside 2ml to clear the filter. Should I just go ahead and run another 2ml and just have a bit lower of a concentration

Do you think baking would kill anything the .45 let through that a .2 wouldn't? I'm just paranoid about not having the "right" filter.

Also I made a slight mistake. I forgot to set aside 2ml to clear the filter. Should I just go ahead and run another 2ml and just have a bit lower of a concentration

It won't affect the mg per ml, it'll only make you a few ml short. Probably about 2ml. I wouldn't worry about it but thats up to you.

.45 micron has worked for many people and I bet tons of ugl's have used those too, just next time get .2

With the baking you won't get a good enough consistant heat in the oven to do anything.

Think about it this way, there's bacteria pores small enough to pass through .2 micron but thats the smallest we can get. Just keep as sterile as possible and let the BA take care of any new existing bacteria.

Last edited:
Let me know how it ends up pinning bro. My shit hurt like a bitch for a couple days with .45 . I used dtones recipes for test e deca and test suspension. Suspension came out perfect but the deca/test really killed me until i used a .2 micron and that made all the difference man trust me. I have a thread on it and pics

Back