Glass Ampules - Proper use and Safety

TraPump

Getting Bigger and Bigger
Hey Brothers,

Looking for some input from my boys here. I am looking for techniques you have used to reduce the potential for glass particle injection(after breaking the amp) and the introduction of contaminants when using single-dose glass ampules. A couple of key points I have read about when opening/administering test from an ampule are:

1. Alcohol Swab the amp before breaking it open(to decontaminate any micro size glass shards that may end up in the medication after breaking)

2. Withdraw from the amp with a filter syringe(really looking for input on this)
a. Sounds like I'd be using 2 whatman filters per week with twice a week injections?
b. Would it be better to withdraw from 10amps with one filter and transfer to a sterile 10mL vial? (The amps I have are jelfa test e 100mg/ml)

Anything you guys can do to answer these questions or share additional information and techniques you have used while administering from glass ampules is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys :smokepoke

P.S.
In case anyone needs this information I plan on doing injections every 3.5 days (Sunday 10pm, Thursday 10am) and will be using 400mg per week. The amps I have are 100mg/ml so I will be using 2 amps per injections and 4 amps per week.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what I do, ymmv:

1. yes same as with the stopper of any reusable vial, just to be safe.
2. a.I never have but you can if you want to feel safer no need to though
2. b.I do this most of the time yes, I'd recommend buying larger than 10ml sterile vials (or just get a bunch of them) and do all your amps at once and a larger than 3ml syringe to use for transfering so it doesn't take as long.
3. buy an amp cutter/breaker (g p z sells em), using the bic pen cap over the end of the amp technique is better than just your fingers but breaking one in your hand is a matter of when not if, also wrapping something (tissue paper or a towel) around the base of the amp helps you not squeeze it so hard it shatters.

Last edited:
All my vials are 1amp and the quick and effective method I use is a pen lid! Works everytime and I've never damaged one. Make sure the lid lines up with the dot and snap...easy.

I'll tell you what I do, ymmv:

1. yes same as with the stopper of any reusable vial, just to be safe.
2. a.I never have but you can if you want to feel safer no need to though
2. b.I do this most of the time yes, I'd recommend buying larger than 10ml sterile vials (or just get a bunch of them) and do all your amps at once and a larger than 3ml syringe to use for transfering so it doesn't take as long.
3. buy an amp cutter/breaker (g p z sells em), using the bic pen cap over the end of the amp technique is better than just your fingers but breaking one in your hand is a matter of when not if, also wrapping something (tissue paper or a towel) around the base of the amp helps you not squeeze it so hard it shatters.

great post man! thanks for all the info, this answers every question i had haha cheers:beertoast you the man bruh! thanks again. repped!

Last edited:
filters to draw from an ampule??? really? never heard of that one bro

if your amps are HG grade stuff absolutely no need to be this over-paranoid... but if your amps are UG copy stuff I'd be very worried from the get go and wouldn't even bother

don't draw 10 at a time, break open the two ur gonna use on the day of injecting (sunday, thursday as u mentioned)... draw the two ml's and inject... easy peasy

filters to draw from an ampule??? really? never heard of that one bro

if your amps are HG grade stuff absolutely no need to be this over-paranoid... but if your amps are UG copy stuff I'd be very worried from the get go and wouldn't even bother

don't draw 10 at a time, break open the two ur gonna use on the day of injecting (sunday, thursday as u mentioned)... draw the two ml's and inject... easy peasy
ok thanks china. I think i just get so into doing my research i was reading nursing manuscripts on how it's become regulatory training for rn's and interns to draw up from ampules with a filter syringe (which was never even talked about or anything until the 21st century in med school) to prevent micro shards of glass being injected that may have fallen into the ampule when breaking it.

I am not worried at all about whether or not my amps are real HG, that is not a concern I have been well informed that it is legit jelfa test e 100mg/ml amps.

thanks again for your input on this china it's always greatly appreciated and i will take it to heart.

Back