Great Weekend for Boxing & MMA Fight Fans

shootoking03 said:
You are a kickboxer Fyre?

Damn...

I think I am officially in love...

yah, I've done kickboxing and karate but I really wanna do some Muay Thai training.

bigdaddy22 said:
Who are you kissing? Enquiring minds want to know!? I am gonna put my $$ on MTG on this one, the "new" guy is a lil too desperate, bro chicks dont dig that!

hehehe...I'm kissing MTG for his last comment. :D

Fyre said:
yah, I've done kickboxing and karate but I really wanna do some Muay Thai training.
I have done a little of that....I wanna get more into it. I went to a Fairtex Camp a couple of years ago got to meet Alex Gong..tradgedy that he died..:(

That shin strengthening KILLS me...

I have done prolly near a dozen martial arts.

From Shotokan to Taekwondo to shootfighting to hapkido to vale tudo and submission fighting now.

It's cool u trained at Fairtex. I hear the thai trainers tehre are awesome. Did u get to meet Bunkerd? Was Jongsanen there?

So cool u got to meet the Great Alex Gong. I wanna make a tribute highlight video for him

As for shin conditioning. Patience my friend. The first few months will kill you. I remember when i starter serious muay thai training with a camp called the assassins (it was like an army boot camp)
i had weak shins
My instructor noticed this and would make me train with other big guys with conditions shins
he would lmake me wear flimsy shin guards and then kick my partner's shin. It was evil training and i was in tears when doing it but i grunted and kicked harder each time just to sho my instructor i could do it lol

then he made me kick a real heavy bag with sand at the bottom. after about 6 months i was kicking that bag no problem hehehe

I'd give you a link to an article i wrote on shin conditioning for Ironlife magazine but the site is swithcing servers this weekend so I cannot get the link for u. Will do later though

Yeah Alex was great. One tough guy....

Jongsanen I met, not the other guy though....

It is definetly hard to get used to shin kicking stuff.....

Some of those m ore experienced Muay Thai guys are REALLY tough lol

OR..I was thinking of getting into Shidokan. THAT is some crazy stuff too

depends on ur goals
personally i believe in applying myself to one art and what not
i'm trying to get as good as i can in muayt hai and kickboxing rather than cross train in other arts. The thought of training in MMA and competing had occurred but i would like to concentrate on competining in muay thai... the MMA does not satisfy the martial artist in me so to speak

Yes my new friend shin conditioning is a nightmare, I remember when I first started and I was dying. It takes time and thats about it, if you want to train I would suggest doing it all out rather than training ten different things, I feel Muay thai is something that takes time and serious dedication to be good.

Back