Gyno surgery scheduled on the 17th of Dec. What to do in downtime?

Ghost124

I been putting this off since July. I just dropped the money off at the docs office so now I cannot back out.

I was in a hurry and did not ask all the questions I wanted to ask. The doc told me I have to stay out of the gym for at least 4 but recommended 6 weeks to avoid scarring. So what do I do in the 4-6 period? Cardio everyday? I was thinking legs but that would only be machines because things like squats and deadlift involve moving and stretching the chest. I do not want any risk of scarring because I already have a chest scar.

I figured a few of you had this procedure done before and wanted to know what you guys did in the downtime?

Dude, this is a great time to get into the other bodybuilding areas like yoga to start with. Start ridding the trails around your town on your mountain bike. Also watch your diet. This is a great time to get those cardio exercises down so when your back in beast mode you'll be all the better and have more endurance and rip through your tank top in the middle of a bench press.

have you tried runs fo SERMS to shrink gyno yet? like 3 months of low dosed tamox for eg?

just curious, since i would try that before going to knife .

i know most developed gyno is there to stay, but shrinking it enough or even making it less to cut out i would think would be a good idea

have you tried runs fo SERMS to shrink gyno yet? like 3 months of low dosed tamox for eg?

just curious, since i would try that before going to knife .

i know most developed gyno is there to stay, but shrinking it enough or even making it less to cut out i would think would be a good idea

Well I ran the Ralox protocol and had 0 results. I am not knocking it and it probably works for some guys but it did not do a lick for me.

And honestly I ruled out any more home remedies to rid the gyno like SERMS. To say this gyno has created an insecurity for me is putting it lightly. I have so many shirts in my closet that I used to love to wear that I do not anymore because you can see my gyno from a mile away(I wear Large btw, I am not one of those dudes who wears shmediums to try to make themselves look bigger). Also besides seeing my gyno from a mile away, you can also see my nipples sticking out of my shirts that I do not wear anymore. They stick out so much that they jump out at you and force you to look at them if you were standing in front of me. So for the past year I have worn XL and 2XL shirts and sweaters to the gym...

Plus my gyno is uneven. My right nipple has it much worse than my left. I just want it gone.

And good suggestions appleton111 and Dreaded Pirate Roberts , will do just that. Thanks.

I had it done...and both Ap and DPR are correct...
It s not going to be as much downtime as u fear...don t tear the stitches..but they re MINIMAL compared to invasive surgery. The just removing a growth on top of your muscle and under ur skin.

My left one was huge...no scars and no real biggie when it went down. Enjoy this forced r and r and don t dwell on missing a small , very , set back in ur training. We all need to step back. Im going on biz for 5 day s and since my shoulder s been very bothersome...I m not gonna even try to train...resting is a great way to grow.

I had it done...and both Ap and DPR are correct...
It s not going to be as much downtime as u fear...don t tear the stitches..but they re MINIMAL compared to invasive surgery. The just removing a growth on top of your muscle and under ur skin.

My left one was huge...no scars and no real biggie when it went down. Enjoy this forced r and r and don t dwell on missing a small , very , set back in ur training. We all need to step back. Im going on biz for 5 day s and since my shoulder s been very bothersome...I m not gonna even try to train...resting is a great way to grow.

agree with this^^^^

Walking lunges man.. Every day! Work up to being able to do a mile worth of walking lunges. You'll build muscle, strength, tendon strength, endurance, etc.. All great benefits to take from your down time

All sound advice above. If I may ask what are your vitals? HT/WT? Just trying to envision how obvious your gyno is. I get tender, puffy nips sometimes depending on if I get too busy and forget to pop my anti-estrogen. I'm 5'9" at 252 and sometimes I get self conscious about it myself. It's only an issue to me since it isn't full blown gyno, but it's only an issue to those suffering it ya' know?

just do research on guy doing it. go to another if need be and pay more. i have seen some BAD scarring from some BAD docs. not trying to scare you, just being real... dont cheap out if you do it.

FWIW I had very minimal downtime...was doing legs within a few days, back and arms carefully after about a week, shoulders after 2 weeks tops and started light chest shortly after...within a month I was easily 95% intensity in the gym even with chest

Did my first competition about 3 or 4 months later I think

Dude, this is a great time to get into the other bodybuilding areas like yoga to start with. Start ridding the trails around your town on your mountain bike. Also watch your diet. This is a great time to get those cardio exercises down so when your back in beast mode you'll be all the better and have more endurance and rip through your tank top in the middle of a bench press.

Agreed with everything said catch up on ur books and movies make it a vacation while ur healing then come back refreshed and ready to murder the gym

Just got home. Went great.

All I have to say however is HOLLY FUCK you wake up with your chest hurting. Even on meds this shit hurts!

Sleeping tonight on my back will be fun

I will post pics for you guys in a few months

are you wearing that compression vest with tubes sticking out of you? anyway, i'm sure its worth it for you. now you can run as much test as you want without worrying about gyno ever again!

are you wearing that compression vest with tubes sticking out of you? anyway, i'm sure its worth it for you. now you can run as much test as you want without worrying about gyno ever again!

yes compression vest with blood drain

dunno where you are geographically..

but man, cycling, as in lance armstrong styles, is great cardio and makes some thick powerful fucking wheels

my joints are so burnt from bouncing around with boxing all those years.. if i couldn't lift id probably get into mountain biking or something just to have the daily endorphins i need form training to feel ' normal '

just a thought here, but id be excited to have the precede done if i were you - get that shit behind you and be happy and thankful you got it over with

best of luck with your surgery and recovery sir, Bronson

Back