Hair Loss Prevention Supplies

dbol

Hair loss for many on this board, myself included is a big concern so i've been doing some looking around to find the best deals on the products one might use to prevent it. I wouldn't normally post anything like this up but the differences in price and the number of ripoff merchants I came across was beyond the joke so I thought I'd share some of the better info I found regarding Minoxidil for anyone who is interested:
Ebay is by far the cheapest place to buy. There are a few people selling the new 5% Rogaine Foam in Four Months Supply for about £25 with £12 delivery to the UK.
You can also get the Kirkland Brand 5% Minoxidil Solution for less than £12 for four months supply on ebay! I saw this stuff on a few websites and was sceptical as it was so cheap compared to other minoxidil solutions. However, it is sold all over the US apparently and is sold in some large nationwide chains such as Costco. £3 a month compared to what some websites charge is a massive saving.
Apparently the foam is significantly better than the Solution for applying, but not for strength as they are the same. The foam is designed to not leave any residue or greasyness after application which was always a concern for me. I haven't used it yet but independant reports i've read on the hairlossforum and other sites suggest the marketing is not hype.

If anyone knows of anywhere to pick up cheap Azelaic Acid Flakes I'd love to know, the same for Spiro cream.

I've used the foam and it's light years beyond the greasy, never-drying liquid solutions. I'll never go back. The foam dries almost instantly, and the fact that it's so cosmetically friendly allows me to use it in the morning as well as at night.

I'm not sure where to buy azelaic acid, and quite frankly, I don't think I would bother with it anyway. Dr. Lee is the only one touting the stuff. It's been proven effective in the test tube but nowhere else.

I use Dr. Lee's spiro. It's not ultra-cheap, but it's still a pretty good deal. Genhair has it a bit cheaper. They also have flutamide which is supposedly a bit stronger than spiro. However, I'm a bit leary, as some of reported systematic absorption while using it topically.

You could always buy aldactone tabs, crush them up into a fine powder, and dissolve in alcohol/PPG. Aldactone tabs can be had on the cheap from numerous online pharmacies. If you're more of the chemist type, that's what I would do.

Back