hardgainer

Jay C

ok so i have finally come to the conclusion that my arms are hardgainers.

i went from 15" to 17" arms this cycle. but i cant get anything more. and they look overpowered by my delts. it may be the fact that i wish i could have 19s or bigger but my delts just overpower my bis.

i have strong and developed tris, mostly from all the pushups i have done in life. but bis are the hardest thing for me to grow.
i dont overtrain. i only do 9-12 sets of bis. matters what day and how what workout i am doing.
usual workout.

barbell curls 6-8 reps 80% of max weight 3 sets moving up in weight
alt db curls same
hammer curls. same
concentration curls 25 lbs 3 sets and very tight form

thats all usually. unless i do a drop set. to shock myself.

any help.. or im going to do bi injections on the next cycle so my arms atleast look bigger.!! lol

Can't help you here, I'm in the same boat as you bro, my biceps just don't want to grow. They are way out of proportion compared to the rest of my body.

I've tryed switching up my routein, overtraining, undertraining, low reps, high reps, nothing works. Next cycle I will be doing spot injections as my last hope for some growth.

Good luck to you :)

exkon. its the worst.. because people judge you on bicep size the most.. who cares that i have a thick back. they want to see the guns.. or how big my quads are. they dont see that part of me that much.. its all about the guns.
damn me and my puny arms.

dude try dropping your sets on bi's.

try doing 5-6 sets tops at higher intensity.

barbell curls.....2sets......4-6 reps
dumbell curls...2 sets.....4-6 reps
preacher curl...1 set....4-6 reps

thats it! arms should grow!

rodman9866 said:
dude try dropping your sets on bi's.

try doing 5-6 sets tops at higher intensity.

barbell curls.....2sets......4-6 reps
dumbell curls...2 sets.....4-6 reps
preacher curl...1 set....4-6 reps

thats it! arms should grow!

i was just gonna say, ever since i droped half my bi routine, my bis have growen alot. obviosly i was overtraining, the above routine looks good, i do my bi's and back the same day, i do preety much like above but just 2 exercises such as 3 sets of barbell curls and 3 sets of either precher/dumbell/reverse grip EZbar,

serious cut back on your arms and they will grow, i am on a enth/dbol cycle and i have gained 1 inch on my arms so far putting me at 17 3/4 now, so close to 18's, i'll be there in the next month for sure, give it a try dude.

i dont get it. the less you train arms the more they grow. doesnt seem right but whatever. i used to do push ups Every Day in the military and my tris blew up. it was a compound excercise, but i would focus on tris most of the time. unless it was PT test time. i have the tris, i just need the bis.

and i do 3-6 sets of bis on my back day, at the end of the workout. just to clear a pump. and my back day is either mon, or tues. I also have friday where it is directly Bis/Tris day. thats all i do that day. well abs too but anyways. i do 12 sets of eat that day. 4ex 3sets.

should i just go way heavier and lower reps or what?

My friend lifted 6 days a week and 120-150min per round. He didnt gain a pound in 6 months. Then he went down to 3 times a week á 90 minutes. And he gained 15lbs in less than 5 months.

I guess some ppl are overtrained. But I wont give you advices on arms, because my are skinny as hell :(

Change your routine frequently.

Example:

Week1

Barbel curls - 3 sets....4-6 reps
Hammer Curls - 3 sets...4-6 reps
Preacher Curls - 3 sets....4-6 reps

Week2

Barbell Curls - 3 sets...12 reps
Cable Curls - 3 sets....12 reps
Hammer Curls - 3 sets...12 reps

Week3

Dumbbell curls - 3 sets...6-8 reps (negatives)
Reverse Curls - 3 sets..6-8 reps
Preacher Curls - 3 sets..6-8 reps (negs)

Week4 -> Same as week1

I change my routine frequently like this when Im cycling, and I always seem to get over that plateau, or add some new size.

try prioritizing your arms by placing them on there own day....do bi's, tri's, and forearms all in one day or justs bis/tris. and lower the volume too and up the weight! i know it sounds ass backwards but it works!

rodman9866 said:
try prioritizing your arms by placing them on there own day....do bi's, tri's, and forearms all in one day or justs bis/tris. and lower the volume too and up the weight! i know it sounds ass backwards but it works!

i find that u overtrain when u do this split, cause on chest and shoulder day u are useing alot of tri and on back day u use alot of bi, just my opinion.

Some good points in here...I can help because my arms grow beautifullly (but lack in chest lol...anyone got help here??? :D )

1.) You said you are doing some extra bi exercizes after a back day, and also doing them on separate days...gotta drop one or the other...if you wanna keep bi's on a back day, I would do no more than 3-4 extra sets

2.) Go higher reps...10-12 has always been know as a great rep range for size...5-6 sets of 12 reps and ur arms will fall off

3.) Barbell curls...the king for bicep size IMO...but BE SURE TO USE STRICT FORM...im sick of seeing those clowns in the gym that swing the weight thinking their doing bicep curls...

ready2explode said:
Some good points in here...I can help because my arms grow beautifullly (but lack in chest lol...anyone got help here??? :D )

1.) You said you are doing some extra bi exercizes after a back day, and also doing them on separate days...gotta drop one or the other...if you wanna keep bi's on a back day, I would do no more than 3-4 extra sets

2.) Go higher reps...10-12 has always been know as a great rep range for size...5-6 sets of 12 reps and ur arms will fall off

3.) Barbell curls...the king for bicep size IMO...but BE SURE TO USE STRICT FORM...im sick of seeing those clowns in the gym that swing the weight thinking their doing bicep curls...

different strokes different folks i guess.

there is only one "beef" :p :D i have with your #3 statement.......i think using strict form with heavy weight will lead to a lot of joint problems in the future and a lot of unecessary pain. i like to use what i call "natural form". it has a strict form component to it but at the same time a lil bit of a cheating component to it as well. if i have to swing the weight a bit i will and not feel guilty about it and if my upper arms move foward a bit (hence the cheating component) i wont let it bother me. however i will still have the tip of my elbow always facing toward the ground and not toward the mirror im looking at (hence the strict form component)

all in all, i think there is some good points here for anyone to know and learn from others peoples mistakes. good job peoples! :cool:

Does anyone recommend doing the one-day arm cure workout while on a cycle? I am considering it, the article is linked below. It involves packing a lunch and going to the gym for the day. It sounds pretty intense but "guarantees" to put an inch on your arms. Who knows, worth a shot

http://t-mag.com/html/30odac.html

Try doing some volume training for them. I've been doing 10 sets of 3 reps with only a minute and a half rest in between sets and then a secondary biceps exercise like concentration curls for 3 sets of 10 reps and I have gained an inch and a half in about 4 months. For me that is really good! Give it a try!

Back