help red hard lump

GymMang

Lifes 2 short to be small
I injected 2 days ago and it hurt more than usual. The next day I have swelling and a hard lump. Its red and it does itch. So I guess that means its an infection right.im buggin out cuz I have anxiety. The red area is prity big. Wat do I do go to doc and tell him wat I did? Need advice im buggin.

Do you have any antibiotics available? If so use them until you can get to the docs
Don't procrastinate, sub dermal infection is nothing to take lightly.
And stop reusing pins....

Is the redness above the injection site or below? If its below I wouldn't freak out and just put a heating pad on it a couple times a day, and take a benedryl. If the redness is above injection site and streaking then go to doc right away to get antibiotics to stop it.

There is a bruise around the spot the aroud that the redness.it seems to be more on the bottom section then the top

hard to say , a couple days ago i was injecting and the plunger was realy hard to push , and it kinda slipped from my hand and the whole pin cam right out of my arm . i got instant pip and it hurt like shit , it was delt , the whole day my arm hurt and got hard and knotted , not a lump however , went away in 3-4 days . another time in injected quad and the next day i had a boig red area right below where i pinned and my leg hurt anf felt bruised and hard to walk on . wierd thing is i actually developed a bruise near my knee cap a few days later . i pin upper outer quad so kind of wierd the bruise was so low , big red area and a bit swollen and maybe a bit hot and itchy too . once again however , there was some swelling , but not a lump as u say , and it went away in 3-4 days .

you could have also went through a vein or injected too quickly , sometime sinjecting too quickly has been know to cause a lump that goes away in a couple days. if u see it a bit better tomorrow , my gues is one of those following scenarios happened and not infection . for me it even took 2 days for the redness to start going , how fast did u inject ? , this could also be it as u may not have given the fluid enough time to disperse into your arm .

There is a bruise around the spot the aroud that the redness.it seems to be more on the bottom section then the top

Just keep an eye on the redness if it goes upward go to doc if not your probably gonna be fine. Been there many times and seen a doc about it. They told me same thing everytime and I was ok.

ight guys thanks a lot you were right it is not an infection it is starting to go down. the redness is slowly going away. still hurts and hard area but i think it will get better. thank you for your help.

yeah , sounds like what happened to me , area was red and knotted hard, but after a couple days it kept going down , good stuff

Same happened to me on my glute. It turned out to be an infection. The way I monitered it was by tracing around the borders of the infected area with a pen. And if I woke up the next day and the redness kept spreading beyond my traced pen lines. Then I went to a doc.

Back