help with homebrew.

zombiesrgr8

I have some questions about my gear. i just made my first homebrew this weekend with universal kits and syno-H. everything was going fine until i had my prop goo in a pyrex pan. my buddy told me to let it sit out for a day or so and let it dry. i let it sit for 2 full days and it was still a little gooey, so i put it in the oven for 30 min at 250 Deg. when i took it outta the oven it was comepletly baked onto the pan. at first i couldnt even see it but as it cooled it started showing up white on the bottom of the pan. so i took a razor and scraped it into a sterilized 100ml bottle. i then added 6cc of BA 1/2 a cc at a time to get it to dissolve. it didnt fully dissolve the prop so i let it sit over night. it was a lot better the next day but there was still some clumps left. i sucked it outta the bottle with my 20cc syringe and it came up to about 15 ccs . i had a bottle of 100ml of oil so i sucked 13 cc outta the oil and threw in the trash. then i sucked another 2 out for later. then i put a whatmann on my 20cc syringe and started filtering the prop into the oil. my buddy told me if it slows to bad to switch filters. well after about 5 cc it was going crazy slow so i switched out the whatmann with one of the filters that comes with the kit. once i did that it went in really quick. (i think this was bad). then i took the syringe with the 2 cc of oil and used that to clean out my filters. then i took the oil prop mix , heated up a small pan of water, then put it in for 10 min. (the water only came half way up bottle so i know none got in). when the mix cooled it was real cloudy so i looked you guys up and seen some of you guys said to bake it, so i put it in the oven at 250 deg for an hour. when i got it out it looked great, but after cooling it was cloudy again. i let it sit for a day and some milky stuff settled to the bottom of bottle so i baked and boiled it again, but the same thing, real cloudy once cooled.

ok here comes the question portion: most importantly is my gear good to use??

next: the person who helped me did it different then you guys , plz give me some feed back on what we did.

next: is it alright to bake the prop to get it to dry out?

next: what is BB for and is alright i didnt use any? will it still be safe to use my gear without it.

next: what is the milky stuff at the bottom of my bottle.

zombiesrgr8 said:
I have some questions about my gear. i just made my first homebrew this weekend with universal kits and syno-H. everything was going fine until i had my prop goo in a pyrex pan. my buddy told me to let it sit out for a day or so and let it dry. i let it sit for 2 full days and it was still a little gooey, so i put it in the oven for 30 min at 250 Deg. when i took it outta the oven it was comepletly baked onto the pan. at first i couldnt even see it but as it cooled it started showing up white on the bottom of the pan. so i took a razor and scraped it into a sterilized 100ml bottle. i then added 6cc of BA 1/2 a cc at a time to get it to dissolve. it didnt fully dissolve the prop so i let it sit over night. it was a lot better the next day but there was still some clumps left. i sucked it outta the bottle with my 20cc syringe and it came up to about 15 ccs . i had a bottle of 100ml of oil so i sucked 13 cc outta the oil and threw in the trash. then i sucked another 2 out for later. then i put a whatmann on my 20cc syringe and started filtering the prop into the oil. my buddy told me if it slows to bad to switch filters. well after about 5 cc it was going crazy slow so i switched out the whatmann with one of the filters that comes with the kit. once i did that it went in really quick. (i think this was bad). then i took the syringe with the 2 cc of oil and used that to clean out my filters. then i took the oil prop mix , heated up a small pan of water, then put it in for 10 min. (the water only came half way up bottle so i know none got in). when the mix cooled it was real cloudy so i looked you guys up and seen some of you guys said to bake it, so i put it in the oven at 250 deg for an hour. when i got it out it looked great, but after cooling it was cloudy again. i let it sit for a day and some milky stuff settled to the bottom of bottle so i baked and boiled it again, but the same thing, real cloudy once cooled.

ok here comes the question portion: most importantly is my gear good to use??

next: the person who helped me did it different then you guys , plz give me some feed back on what we did.

next: is it alright to bake the prop to get it to dry out?

next: what is BB for and is alright i didnt use any? will it still be safe to use my gear without it.

next: what is the milky stuff at the bottom of my bottle.
should bake at 150-175 degrees
DUnno if its usable??

ty

thanks for the replies.. i think im going to dump this batch and start a new one... this time following the guidelines on the sticky for powder conversions. this was my first conversion and i didnt know about this site till after we did it. :startrek:

zombiesrgr8 said:
thanks for the replies.. i think im going to dump this batch and start a new one... this time following the guidelines on the sticky for powder conversions. this was my first conversion and i didnt know about this site till after we did it. :startrek:
G'luck

my first syno conversion sucked and I wasted about 80 dollars but that got me pissed off enough to try it again and now the second conversion was bad ass. With new stuff I dont think anybody gets it done right on their first time. Good luck!

the_hulk said:
my first syno conversion sucked and I wasted about 80 dollars but that got me pissed off enough to try it again and now the second conversion was bad ass. With new stuff I dont think anybody gets it done right on their first time. Good luck!
some get lucky :D

i tried my gear tonight. the way i look at it is, 1) i know what went into it, and everything was legit, 2) i baked it twice for an hour each time, and before i used it tonight i put it on the stove in a pan and heated it up so it should be safe. the only question i have is when i baked the prop by itself originally
could it have effected the potency of the prop? what i mean is can you bake the powder enough to make it no good?

zombiesrgr8 said:
i tried my gear tonight. the way i look at it is, 1) i know what went into it, and everything was legit, 2) i baked it twice for an hour each time, and before i used it tonight i put it on the stove in a pan and heated it up so it should be safe. the only question i have is when i baked the prop by itself originally
could it have effected the potency of the prop? what i mean is can you bake the powder enough to make it no good?
dunno?? Shouldn't but don't know 4 sure since u baked it at a higher temp then u should have. SHouldve been 150-175degress.
and what do u mean universal kits didn't come w/ba??? Didn't u have a vile that was labled "dissolving solution"??? the dissolving solution was a mix of ba and bb. U put that powder in that shook it up and dissolved it and then put that in the oil didn't u??? then filtered that thru whatman??? if so u should be good 2 go.

joshbeam1 said:
dunno?? Shouldn't but don't know 4 sure since u baked it at a higher temp then u should have. SHouldve been 150-175degress.
and what do u mean universal kits didn't come w/ba??? Didn't u have a vile that was labled "dissolving solution"??? the dissolving solution was a mix of ba and bb. U put that powder in that shook it up and dissolved it and then put that in the oil didn't u??? then filtered that thru whatman??? if so u should be good 2 go.
meant bb, sorry. kit came w/both ba and bb though. U got the s-type kit right??

yea i got the s kit. i thought that vile just had BA in it. if that vile contained ba and bb what was the concentrations? i took that shot last night and i feel fine today. a little sore but thats to be expected. ill let you know how my gains go in a few weeks.
i think im going to heat it each time before doing it though, because it looks a lot more clear and homogenous after heating. ill keep in touch josh and let you know how it goes.

Back