High calorie meals. Am I overlooking this info or am I the only one that needs help.

rochard

Why do I never see recipes for someone who is bulking only and needs meals with a ton of calories and protein? I am at 175lbs and I do fine on protein intake but i drive a truck for a living and I don't eat out very much at all so I prepare my meals the night before but I'm not very creative in the kitchen and I am having trouble coming up with ideas. When i started bulking 2 years ago i was at 135lbs. Now that I'm weighing more I find it harder to meet my calorie goal of 3500 cal. A day. Any info would be appreciated.

Rice and shredded chicken, Tuna Mac, Hamburger and sliced red potatoes, pretty much any complex carb can be matched with a protein. Heck, bagels and cream cheese with peanut butter is a legit snack.

Remember, it's not about getting it all down in one sitting, it's about getting it down over the course of the day. This is why many eat 5-8 times a day - it's just much easier to eat more frequently with smaller meals than three enormous ones. Easier on the digestive tract too. ;)

FWIW, 3500 cals can be easily met with a lunch from above, yogurt snacks, a typical breakfast, a bagel or sandwich, and a dinner of pretty much just about anything. Just don't forget those veggies!

Thanks for the input guys. I do eat 5-7 times a day and sometimes take in more than 3500 I just get burned out on the same thing everyday. I am a hard gainer so every pound that I have gained tool a lot of hard work and I dont plan on stopping now as my goal is to get over 190lbs. Thanks for the motivational words.

me to pal and i feel u on the repetitive eating. i get so sick of eating the same sh8t all the time

umm , man this is easy . Chocolate moose tracks and rocky road ice creme with real whipping cream and chocolate syrup and cut up banana on top . 3.5 cups . that one snack is 1200 calories alone.

As for food to pack and prep to bring with you . throw a roast or a prime rib in a crock pot the day before . cut off 12 oz and put it in a container with 1.5 cups of rice, and a can of black beans. bring an avocado along with you as well.

that one meal alone is 1800 calories and loaded with protein, carbs, and good fat

Ice cream??? Chocolate moose??? whipping cream???

My dream lunch!!!

But.....wait!!!! What about all that SUGAR???? :dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

Two peanut butter banana sandwiches on 12 grain bread plus a protein shake with 1 scoop isolate and 500ml 2% milk. Quick and easy to make and eat and high in calories.

250g lean ground beef, 2 cups jasmine rice, 1 cup mixed peppers. All fried up with some cheddar cheese and spicy tomato sauce mixed in after. Another easy meal to make and eat and calorie dense.

Mac and cheese with tuna mixed in like Halfwit said is another high calorie meal. Throw a spinach salad on the side of that and youre set.

If youre having trouble getting the cals in with the meals then throw some snakes in between meals........protein shakes with milk and an avocado blended in, couple tbsp of peanut butter, handfull of nuts, 2% milk by itself. Lots of options for you man.

Last edited:
Back