How long are powders good for when kept in good conditions?

{R}a{G}e

Professional Beer Drinker
I have heard when they are made up , around 2 years for still being good as long as they are kept in a cool/dark place/dry.

How long would you say the actual powders are good for? Just wondering so if i would stock up one day.....

Thanks.

I have heard when they are made up , around 2 years for still being good as long as they are kept in a cool/dark place/dry.

How long would you say the actual powders are good for? Just wondering so if i would stock up one day.....

Thanks.

According to some experienced members at T-nation forum, some powers can be good for at least a year if kept under certain conditions:

TESTOSTERONE NATION | Shelf Life of Powders? - Page 1

Enanthate degrades steadily in my experience. Gets more sticky, more yellow, more smell. The ester is degrading, leaving you with heptonic acid. This will make painful gear, i tried 3 year old powder once and my sweat smelled sweet like the test powder and my armpits were stained yellow LOL. Upon further experimentation i found there was only around 1% testosterone even left in this powder. When it gets to this point consider it completely destroyed.

A cold -20c freezer will slow this. Ideally in a mason jar with an oxygen absorber and desiccant. If its starting to turn bad i suggest dissolving it in methanol, basifying with NaOH, and precipitating the base with water. At least you will have something useable left before the heptonic acid chews the test molecule into useless gunk.

Last edited:
I believe I had this happen to my half brick of Test E. Same supplier as always and never had issue. But then this one batch of Test E was a nightmare. No matter how I filtered or what brew ratio it would cause extreme pip and test flu for days. I assume it went acidic

Back