How long until you can use your homebrew.

robdog

One person told me you have to wait 3 days after you make it before you can use it another said 24 hours??? Which is correct?

Some think you need to wait 3 days because they believe BA is busy killing bacteria. I trust ba to the extent of being an antimicrobial (microbes wont multiply) - nothing more. For sterilization, I put my trust in filtration. Whatman guarantees a sterile product after filtration. None of us are 100% sterile with our conversions, but if you are clean, and use common sence everything should be ~sterile after the filter. Case in point, ive shot mere minutes after filtering, and Ive always been fine.

Ok thanks.

Ive just done my first 100ml of prop but im going to refilter it as im a little concerned i pushed the oil through to fast and i can see bits in it. When ive re done it ill inject straight away.

Thanks again.

Well, I did Test proprionate and Boldenone and started using after 12 hours... I think if you use a 0.20 filter you will have no problem at all.

One pass with a .45 should be all you need. If you need peace of mind however, go at it with a .2 - just more time and effort.

robdog, you cant push the oil through "too" fast. You can push too hard and blow the filter of course, but you'd be suprised how hard that is to do. If you see bits in your final product you have some big problems. Sure its not the stopper getting chunks bitten out by the needle?

I agree that once you've filtered your fine. The reason some say to wait is certain short esters have a tendency to crash. If you wait it does this in the vial and not in your muscle. Which would mean less pain.

The opinion to wait is based on a study of the effectiveness of BA as an antimicrobial agent in oil based preperations. It basically demonstrated that 1% BA reduced the amount of bacteria present in the culture to less than measurable levels after 7 days. Staph and some other bacteria can form spores when not in an environment that is friendly for growth ie counter top etc... These spores will pass thru a .45 but not a .2. The last thing you want is a staph spore in one of your muscle beds. Its all nice, warm, wet and full of nutrients so it won't be a spore for long.

Back