How to get started...

MedicalStudent

I've been reading these forums for a couple of days now. I've read a lot of great information. I'm planning to start a cycle in the summer. Before hand I'll be perfecting my diet and work out untill I feel I'm ready. I weigh 170lbs right now and have been having a hard time gaining. For my first cycle I am planning on taking 300-400mg of Test a week. My question is what type of test should I take? How is the Test stored(refrigerated, left at room temp)? What vitamins or other nutrients should I take with the test? Basically, I'm asking you vets here, If you could go back to your first cycle what would you do? What would you buy? Before starting, what would you have on hand?

Also, on this forum I've noticed that a lot of you guys just take a set amount a week, ex. 500mg/week, instead of starting off lower, taking more, then bringing it back down at the end of the cycle. Is the fixed amount per week better than the changing amounts?

ok well first off what are your stats? height, (we got your weight), bf% and age... what is your training exp (years trained)

secondly... your first cycle should be a test base which you have learned which is good... you're already smarter than half the nooby's on this board haha.. you want either test cypionate or test enanthate... 300-400mg a week is a good start... if you take 300mg/week i would run it for 15 weeks.. the gains will be slower which is why it's good to run longer because even tho gains are slower they are better gains because you will not lose a lot ocming off of cycle because you're minimizing water retention .. no what you should have on hand is nolva incase of gyno and you should have your post cycle therapy (pct) figured out... you can run nolva only or you can run a combo of clomid and nolva or just clomid on it's own... it's up to you... but at minimum you should have nolvadex no matter what...

yes the fixed amount is better than the tapering way of doing things... if you're gonna run 300mg/week stay at 300mg/week

sust is good... but you should be injecting it atleast every monday wednesday and friday because of the short ester in it... but for a first cycle i would not reccomend using this compound because of the frequent injections

Well if you ever come back here that would be great. If you are a medical student, you probably will have a lot to contribute to the site. Crusherhockey gave you good advice. Adding to that, and answering your questions, you just store your gear at room temp. I would keep it from getting too hot and out of light.

As to the type of test you should use, whatever you can get and whatever is cheapest. I prefer a single estered test over sustanon. TestE or Cyp would be my choice.

There really is no benefit to tapering your dose at the end of the cycle. When you use longer acting esters the dose tapers anyway.

As far as vitamins and nutrients, you take what you would normally take to aid in training. BUT the key to a GREAT cycle is the food you eat. For your first cycle try to double your normal calorie intake. YOU WILL NOT GROW WITHOUT FOOD. You will get some size with water retention, but it will dissipate at the end of the cycle. To build muscle you need to eat.

My question is what type of test should I take?

Test Cypionate or Enanthate

How is the Test stored(refrigerated, left at room temp)?

Room temperature is usually fine for the duration of your cycle. For extended periods of time, some recommed strong it in a fridge to maintain potency, though you would probably have a hard time injecting cold gear.

What vitamins or other nutrients should I take with the test?

A multivitamin for sure, other than that there are many different supps you could take. If your including orals in your cycle, you should consider supps to help your liver.

Basically, I'm asking you vets here, If you could go back to your first cycle what would you do? What would you buy? Before starting, what would you have on hand?

You must have nolva on hand, for both post cycle therapy (pct) and in case you begin to see signs of gyno. HCG is highly recommended to run throughout your cycle, it will help prevent testicular atrophy and will aid in returning back to your normal stats asap. I like to run Arimidex with my cycles, this keeps gyno away and prevents bloat (I use .5mg ED).

Is the fixed amount per week better than the changing amounts?

There is no reason to taper up or down. Usually this is reserved for those who are on for an extended period of time.

Currently, I'm 21, 5'10, 170lbs, not sure but I'll guess the average 15%bf, and I've been training off and on for about 3 years now. I can get my hands on just about any common steroid at this point. I may decide to wait a while longer before starting my first cycle, especially if I can start to make decent gains by summer without it. If thats the case, I'll wait untill I can't make decent gains without it. Basically, I want to do a cycle this summer just because I believe I can put in all the work to get the most out of it. But also, I think it may be to soon to start taking it. I'll be frequenting this site often for the next couple months untill I've come to a decision on what I should do. This is definatly one of the better forums regarding this subject, with very good information.

definately a good idea to wait bro... increase your calroie intake/day.. you should be trying to eat somewhere around 4000-5000 calorie ATLEAST a day to gain as much as you can... 5'10" 170lbs is way to early to be staring gear bro... you can easily hit 200lbs without Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) if you eat and train properly!! keep reading around the site, there are A LOT of knowledgable guys on here that will help you out.... also check out the diet and training forums so get an idea of a bulking diet and also bulk training to beef yourself up a bit bro!! good luck

i do'nt buy anything from GNC i hate them with a burning passion... over priced shit!!

get yourself a weigh protein that has around 1000 calories per serving take 3 double shakes a day (2 scoops per shake)

and bro you HAVE to eat that much if you wanna gain well... even if you're on gear you need to eat that much or more to grow... go into training and dieting forum and find bulking diet and bulking programs

crushershockey said:
i do'nt buy anything from GNC i hate them with a burning passion... over priced shit!!

get yourself a weigh protein that has around 1000 calories per serving take 3 double shakes a day (2 scoops per shake)

and bro you HAVE to eat that much if you wanna gain well... even if you're on gear you need to eat that much or more to grow... go into training and dieting forum and find bulking diet and bulking programs

what he said. protein matters more than just cals.

Yeah fuck GNC. A good weight gainer will help you. I use Mammoth 2500, but I reckon their pretty much all the same. Don't be afraid to put on a litte chub over the winter, the extra food will help you push more weight gain more muscle.

GNC is crap. There are tons of cheaper places online that will probably be half the price of GNC.

i use mammoth also... best fuckin stuff out there for bulking... 965 calories per serving.. CAN"T GO WRONG WITH THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DOWN WITH GNC DOWN WITH GNC!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gnc 2200 calorie helped me out when i first started out. I gained 20 lbs in one month. It was also my second month of working out seriously but i have to think that that contributed grately.

Back