my current workout is

mon- chest /calves
tues-back/reardelts
wed- arms/cardio
thur- shoulders/traps
fri- legs
sat- cardio/abs
sun- cardio

i lift heavy and this is taking a large toll on me. i am tired all the time and getting sick alot. classic signs of overtraining.

please i dont want to hear lighten up the weights i feel that would be a backwards step.

i was thinking about changing my routine to eod. i would like to hear what peoples thoughts are or what they would do.

any insight would be greatly appreciated

I was doing 6 days a week 1 body part a day for quite a while which was leading to some burn out and a little hard on personal relationships so I changed to 3days on 1 off training
chest/abs
back/hams
tris/bis
shoulders/traps
quads/calves

still doing heavey weight and high volume training that has been working for me but having the day off every 3 seems to make me feel more rested not to metion my girl friend likes it much better.

i hear you my wife would like me home a little more also. i am feeling very burned out. i have to change something

Why limit yourself to a week? Your body doesnt know the difference in days. Make it an 8 or 9 day split, add a day or two of complete rest, no cardio, nothing. I run an 8 day split, have one day of complete rest, and bis and tris have their own day, so its like a 75% workout, i still go balls to the wall, but it takes maybe 40-45 minutes max.

i do 2 on 1 off, 2 on 2 off, So far it is working good for me. 2 days I have off i do run for 45 min. W/ ab workout
Monday: chest and bis
tuesday: legs w.deadlifts
wed: off/cardio
Thurs:shoulder/traps
friday: back
sat:eek:ff/ cardio
sun:eek:ff/

This is the split I've followed for the past few years and i'm really happy with it
day 1 chest/calves
day 2 back/shoulders
day 3 and 4 rest
day 5 bis/tris
day 6 quads/hams/calves/abs
day 7 rest

MY cutting split:
Day 1
Chest/Calves

Day 2
Back

Day 3
Tris/Cardio

Day 4
OFF

Day 5
Bis/Cardio

Day 6
Shoulders Cardio

Day 7
Legs

Day 8
OFF/Cardio

thanks guys

roadhouse, how is your bulking split? if you dont mind me asking. i like your cutting setup

No cardio
Rest days I rest completley
I sometimes make it a nine day split, I have three rest days in the nine day cycle.

house1 said:
i hear you my wife would like me home a little more also. i am feeling very burned out. i have to change something

If you are feeling burnt out, take a week off. You will not only come back stronger but you will have your desire back. Works for me everytime.

wannabe, took most of this past week off. i feel alot better. i am going to give roadhouses setup a try i really like the idea and it will let my body get more rest.

When bulking my set/rep scheme is
4-6 reps
16-20 sets 2 minutes rest each

Cutting
6-8 reps
8-10 supersets or drops, triple drops, giant sets, etc.
This allows me more time to do cardio, plus increase heart rate.

house1 said:
wannabe, took most of this past week off. i feel alot better. i am going to give roadhouses setup a try i really like the idea and it will let my body get more rest.

The guy pictured in your avatar only trained 4 days a week a t most.
There are a lot of other causes or potentiators to overtraining besides training too heavy...inadequate supplementation, under eating, spending waaay to much time in the gym and cardio attributes a lot to catabolism.
I have been getting great results training every other day sometimes it is 3 times a week sometimes 4.
Example:
Day 1
Back biceps abs forearms neck trapz
Day 2
OFF
Day 3
Quads hams calves
Day 4
OFF
Day 5
Chest Shoulders Triceps
Day 6
OFF
Day 7
Back biceps Abs and forearms.

My work outs are short intense and heavy and rarely last more than 35-40 minutes.
Get in the gym-stimulate quickly-get out of the gym and nutrate......

Back