Is this a good leaning diet?

young_Blooded

Is the below a good leaning diet for a girl friend of mine?

Shes bout 5"10 , 150lbs, 20 years old, and has a good muscle foundation already.....shes just looking to lean up for summer....She puts in good weights and good cardio

Meal 1 – Breakfast = 40g’s of Protein - 8:00am
2 eggs scrambled with 1 slice of American cheese
1 sausage Pattie
1 scoop of protein with water
Scramble the eggs using salt sparingly. Mix in some cheese for fat and more calories and the sausage will give you some protein with more fat. The sake will give you a little more protein to start your day.

Meal 2 – Shake = 40g’s of Protein - 11:00am
1.5 scoops of protein with water
Mix in a blender with about 8-10 oz of cold water on High for 20 seconds.

Meal 3 – Lunch = 40g’s of Protein – 2:00pm
2 beef patties (with little bit of bbq sauce or ketchup etc….)
1 slice of cheese divided into 2 pieces. 1 on each patty
Take the pre cooked patties you cooked up out of fridge put some cheese and optional sauce or mayo on them and warm up. This is the preferred meal after your weights.

Meal 4 – Shake = 40g’s of Protein – 5:00pm

Meal 5 – Dinner = 40g’s of Protein – 8:00pm
4 oz. of chicken, turkey, fish, steak etc…
1 beef Pattie (1/2 slice of cheese on the Pattie)
Take the pre meat maybe and ½ slice of cheese and some sauce. Warm it up and chow down
This is preferred meal after cardio exercise.

Meal 6 – Shake = 40g’s of Protein 11:00pm

Thanks ladies, any help would be great!!

This is your typical high protein, high fat, no carb diet. I myself, don't agree with taking the carbs down to nothing. Your brain and body needs some carbs to help it function properly. I would suggest adding some flax oil or better yet Udo's Ultimate Oil blend into her shakes.(it will give her a some energy while low carbbing it). Where's the veggies? I know you want to limit her carb intake but she needs to take in some carbs. When I do the low carb diet, I still eat tons of brocolli. There isn't a whole lot of calories in veggies, so I would suggest adding some greens in there. Either that or she'll be taking in a lot of Metamucil...hehehe. How long is she planning on doing this "diet" for?
The timing for her meals is good though, roughly every 3 hours.
We all have our varying opinions on this type of diet so I'm sure some of the other ladies here will give you their opinions as well.

Has she tried to take in that much protein before? You have her eating like 240grams of protein. That's a lot of protein for 150lbs in my opinion anyway. You're going to need to get her some ginger root to help her stomach digest that much cuz man that's a lot of protein. ? Is it a straight whey protein you are putting her on? I myself take in 140-150g of protein per day(1g per bodypound), I can't imagine trying to almost double that. Can you say gassy?hehehehe.....

ok cool ill get her to cut downt he protien...Like i said thats why my guy diet is the same, so i knew i should come here...What bout adding Mayo as a source of fat? Ive been thinking of sticking it in with my diet....im still young at 20 and trying to learn.

A little mayo never hurt anyone.:)

Light mayo has about 5grams of fat per tablespoon and regular mayo has 11grams of fat per tablespoon. The low fat versions to add carbs to them, not alot but they do add some.(usually 2-4g)

Fyre said:
A little mayo never hurt anyone.:)

Light mayo has about 5grams of fat per tablespoon and regular mayo has 11grams of fat per tablespoon. The low fat versions to add carbs to them, not alot but they do add some.(usually 2-4g)

AMEN!!! i gotta have just a touch in my tuna :)

Not too sure it's the best I've seen. For an effective cutting diet, and holding onto as much muscle as possible try this ( it's pretty hard core) I'm currently doing this one post cycle and pre-summer:

Meal 1- 4 egg whites, 1 yolk
3 oz. chicken, turkey or tuna
1/2 grapefruit
Meal 2- 2 scoops protein powder
3 strawberries
Meal 3- 5 oz. Chicken
2c. salad w/ 2tsp Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Olive oil
Meal 4- same as meal 2
Meal 5- 6oz white fish
1c. green veggies
1 1/2 tsp flax oil

As for you fat sources, they should not be stuff like mayo or sausage which have high saturated fat content. Stick with Olive, Flax, Peanut Oil. Also, eliminate any dairy. Dairy has simple carbs which have a higher glycemic index as well as it makes you bloated.

redsquirrel said:
Not too sure it's the best I've seen. For an effective cutting diet, and holding onto as much muscle as possible try this ( it's pretty hard core) I'm currently doing this one post cycle and pre-summer:

Meal 1- 4 egg whites, 1 yolk
3 oz. chicken, turkey or tuna
1/2 grapefruit
Meal 2- 2 scoops protein powder
3 strawberries
Meal 3- 5 oz. Chicken
2c. salad w/ 2tsp Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Olive oil
Meal 4- same as meal 2
Meal 5- 6oz white fish
1c. green veggies
1 1/2 tsp flax oil

As for you fat sources, they should not be stuff like mayo or sausage which have high saturated fat content. Stick with Olive, Flax, Peanut Oil. Also, eliminate any dairy. Dairy has simple carbs which have a higher glycemic index as well as it makes you bloated.

Looks good but I'd have to suggest adding one tablespoon of flax oil to each of your shakes. I don't think there's enough good fat, especially keeping the carbs that low. I'd be really hungry on the above diet but if it works for you, then it's all good.:)

Girlie, don't I know this... I never thought about adding the flax to the shakes too. Since I'm not training for a show in the very near future, some nights I am subbing the white fish for a lean red meat. On those days wouldyou still add the flax?

redsquirrel said:
Girlie, don't I know this... I never thought about adding the flax to the shakes too. Since I'm not training for a show in the very near future, some nights I am subbing the white fish for a lean red meat. On those days wouldyou still add the flax?

Oh yes, I'd still add my flax in there. Actually, I prefer Udo's Ultimate Oil over just plain flax, it tastes better. I find it actually a better blend as well, as it contains flax, sesame and sunflower oils. It has a kind of nutty flavor to it.

redsquirrel said:
Have to try that,...sounds yummy. I had to start buying flax oil pills I got so tired of that taste!

NOT yummy..none of that shit is yummy LOL.. but when you are so low in carbs, you really want the good fat in your diet.. hell you want good fat even if you are not low carb... and i agree with Fyre.. tossing it into your shake makes it really easy to get down, honestly i do not even taste it that way...

Udos is great too!!

I wonder why Beverley doesn't suggest that in this diet. I mean, they suggest it only @ dinner. It makes sense to add more since I am depleted...Sh*t, any flavor rather than that of flax would be an improvement. Even when I had to take the liquid, I HAD to mix it w/ vinegar and oil. The things and methods we have!!

redsquirrel said:
Have to try that,...sounds yummy. I had to start buying flax oil pills I got so tired of that taste!

Oh sweetie, it's not yummy....heheheh....but it is far better than plain flax. If you are having salad dressing with your salad, you can use Udo's to make a dressing. Let me know if you want some ideas to put your Udo's oil in, if you don't want to put it in your shake.
But, honestly, I can barely taste Udo's in my shake but Flax, yuck, ruins the whole shake....hehehehe:p

Fyre said:
Oh sweetie, it's not yummy....heheheh....but it is far better than plain flax. If you are having salad dressing with your salad, you can use Udo's to make a dressing. Let me know if you want some ideas to put your Udo's oil in, if you don't want to put it in your shake.
But, honestly, I can barely taste Udo's in my shake but Flax, yuck, ruins the whole shake....hehehehe:p

really.. you still taste the flax in your shake?? i guess i got so used to it that i barely noticed anymore.. but i may be ordering some Udos in soon.. i am not using flax right now, but when i start low carbing i am gonna need it!!

I still ain't used to the tast either!!! Even when I'm not on low carb, I still gotta eat it, and that's why I had to switch to the Flax pills for awhile! It's got such a..what's the word...metally/salmon-y taste to it!!
YICK!

Back