john papplebon is the rookie of the year

tednatas said:
he will get at least 35 saves this year for the red sox.

Agreed. Foulke looked lost on opening day in Texas, when the Rangers were hitting everything thrown at him.

Papelbon just picked up another save today, and has not allowed a run yet. 4 for 4 in save opportunities, 0.00 ERA.

If he keeps it up, he WILL win Rookie of the Year. Hands down.

Anyway....go Yankees. :startrek:

Last edited:

If he keeps it up, he WILL win Rookie of the Year. Hands down.

Anyway....go Yankees. :startrek:[/QUOTE]

i personally hate the yankees. but than again who doesent.

With Papelbon and Foulke in the mix and Schilling and Beckett looking so good early the Red Sox are primed. If Lowell, Loretta, Gonzalez, and Youkilis can do decent its world series time. Go BoSox

Yeah, Foulke is definitely done. It's a shame that he had to burn himself out during the 2004 playoffs and pretty much end his career, but it was well worth it in my mind. History will remember him well.

Aboot said:
Yeah, Foulke is definitely done. It's a shame that he had to burn himself out during the 2004 playoffs and pretty much end his career, but it was well worth it in my mind. History will remember him well.

definatly.. as they should.. he was freaking nails man. no david wells and clement need to stop pouring gas everywhere though

right nows hes 7 for 7. and if the sox keep him out of the rotation he will rack up like 40-50. papplebon is as close to a lock as there is.

Was rookie of the month for April, but gave up the winning run last night. Suffered his first lost vs. the Jays.

Papelbon's ERA is still 0.51. That's got ROY written all over it, and there's no reason that ERA can't improve.

Let's see if Liriano can get enough innings to qualify for ROY (he probably can...).

YanksWS96 said:
Papelbon's ERA is still 0.51. That's got ROY written all over it, and there's no reason that ERA can't improve.

Let's see if Liriano can get enough innings to qualify for ROY (he probably can...).

Last night was a slip up for Liriano but he had been traveling a ton. Hopefully can catch a groove again and coast . . . .he should be on tap to pitch about once a week. Heck of a talent and it doesn't hurt getting lesson from Santana

Too bad the Twins will be sitting out in the playoffs. Liriano won't be needed.

The Yankees on the other hand.... :wiggle:

YanksWS96 said:
Too bad the Twins will be sitting out in the playoffs. Liriano won't be needed.

The Yankees on the other hand.... :wiggle:

The Yankees will be lucky to nab the wild card slot and the way they are playing they'll end up second fiddle to the Red Sox for the Division and behind the White Sox for Wild card. I predict a A-Rod meltdown before season end and Yankee nation to turn on him.

ps. Jeter being second or third in MVP voting is a complete joke

Back