Liver problems

tomclub

I took Anavar (var) for two cycles last year and my Physical came up with some signs of a fatty liver. I was retested twice the last one a week ago and the results have been better but the Doc wants to have a ultra sound just to see what is irritating me and if there are any abnormalities.
After the test 1.) should I tell him about the Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) ( he's against taking anything unless you REALLY have to)
and 2. ) Will taking Milk thistle or ALA be of help after or during a Anavar (var) cycle . I want to do another cylce in 6 months.

best way to get it sorted, tell your doc then he'll have a better understanding of what may have caused it and how to treat it...

asokol said:
best way to get it sorted, tell your doc then he'll have a better understanding of what may have caused it and how to treat it...

Then again, the Dr. might say, No wonder you have liver problems and do no further tests when something else may be wrong. If it is the roids it should get better in a couple months.

I would tell him about it. It's not like he's gonna turn you in and do you give a fuck if he knows about you using gear. Best he have all knowledge so he can diagnose

muddytraks said:
Then again, the Dr. might say, No wonder you have liver problems and do no further tests when something else may be wrong. If it is the roids it should get better in a couple months.
You don't fuck around with your health and take chances, give the Dr. as much info as posible so he can help sort this for you...

I agree and disagree. Though your doctor should have all the informatin possible, some doctors aren't educated in steroid use and automatically jump to conclusions when you tell them you are on steroids - they will blame anything on your use, whether it makes sense or not. Now, if you have a doctor that's educated in this field then that's a different story.

thanks, I'm going to wait till after the ultra sound since he said it didn't seem to high, just wanted to understand what was irritating my liver. I told him I was on a bunch of natuarl stuff lake Creatine , glutamine , etc, Which I am. H ewasn't to familar with th em and said if after this test we migh thave me stop taking anything for awhile and retest.If he wants to do that I guess I'll tell him though I know he'll give me a hard time. He'd prefer I didn't even take Propecia for my hair because he thinks its unnecessary to take a drug for that.

Do a liver flush and stay on the Milk Thistle. Your bile can get hardened everyone has stones get them out. Flush the liver you will feel better. There are several different types of flushes you can do.

Start on lethicin or better yet injectable phosphatidylcholine and that fatty liver will be gone in no time.

Guys, guys, guys...don't ever admit to a doctor that you cycle aas. It will go in your records and haunt you for the rest of your life. Insurance companies will make your life hell.

Cheff said:
Do a liver flush and stay on the Milk Thistle. Your bile can get hardened everyone has stones get them out. Flush the liver you will feel better. There are several different types of flushes you can do.

No. Doing a liver flush before a colon cleanse or a intestinal cleanse is a BAD idea. If there is a large amount of toxins flushed from the liver and the colon is not cleanse you can create blockage and cause other problems.

Few things to do...
Drink plenty of water and increase you fiber intake, this will help carry toxins out of you body.
Take a b-complex twice a day this will help emulsify the fats in your body.
Ox bile is also great for breaking down fats in the body.
Phosphatidylcholine is a great idea, I agree with Doc on this one.
Milk Thistle is always a great to have and take.

There is a product called LiverClean Dr. Venessa's Formula, this is not a cleanse but a formula to help the major organs flush the toxins out of your body. It contains what I've stated above and then some...

I would lay off orals for a while (longer then 6 months) give you liver time to replenish itself and staying on milk thistle will help.

DON'T tell the doctor about your usage that shit will stick with you for the rest of your life.

shit, I never thought about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) going on a file. I thought that was confidential and couldn't be looked at. If that is the case, admit to nothing.

the fatty liver can be due to eating alot of protein as mine was. I doubt it was from the Anavar (var) but i could be wrong. good luck my friend

I take NAC year round now, but if you are ripping your liver up stop fucking with orals.

Old Balls said:
shit, I never thought about Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) going on a file. I thought that was confidential and couldn't be looked at. If that is the case, admit to nothing.

That file is indeed confidential. But when you sign up for insurance you sign a waiver of those rights and allow them to look at your "confidential" files. Insurance companies will most definitely take notice of steroid use and most likely refuse coverage. That information is then sent to the MIB (medical information bureau) where most insurance companies store info on people who have applied for or are currently under their care. It stays there for life for all other insurance companies to see and you can never get rid of it.

Mudge said:
I take NAC year round now, but if you are ripping your liver up stop fucking with orals.

Awesome supplement, you have to be careful if you diabetes because it can interfere with the effectiveness of insulin.

Phil9999 thats why a B-Complex is so important for people on hi-protein diets, it also assist in the break down of proteins.

wow thanks for all the info. Especially about insurance problems. Since the Doc didn't seem TOO worried about it but more concerned as to why a healthy guty would have elavated signs I'm not going to mention it. I'm going to try some of the suggestions here and see what happens. I was eating a tremendous amount of protein (overloading actually) and since I stopped the Anavar (var) and the over eating he said last result was better.

Back