MadLuke's kick in the pants

Sure.

Supplements:
3mg melatonin
300mg vitamin C
500mg potassium glutamate
2000mg magnesium
Breakfast yesturday was 4 eggs, hard poached, some onions, 1oz sharp cheddar cheese and an apple.
Lunch yesturday was 8oz of chicken and around 3-4oz of vegetables(onion, asparagus, celery). Dinner was the same as lunch.
The day before was exactly the same, just add a second apple.

I did look up that it isn't unheard off, but the suddeness of its onset is weird.

Edit: i actually cooked the eggs, lol....forgot to mention how.

Last edited:
Doing well with the Keto diet, even through Thanksgiving. No appreciable weight loss yet, too early to tell, and I've kinda locked my scale in a cabinet until Jan 1. The diarrhea has stopped, but I'm ripping through over a gallon of water every day still.

Loving the bench I bought, definitely worth the buy.

Doing well with the Keto diet, even through Thanksgiving. No appreciable weight loss yet, too early to tell, and I've kinda locked my scale in a cabinet until Jan 1. The diarrhea has stopped, but I'm ripping through over a gallon of water every day still.

Loving the bench I bought, definitely worth the buy.

No weight loss? I was losing a pound a day when I started keto. 20 pounds in the first month.

How many calories are you eating daily and what is your TDEE?

Im eating between 2400 and 2700 calories a day.

TDEE has alway been high, around 2200-2400 when im on bed rest. I've complained to plenty of nurses in post op about not getting enough to eat. Add in activity and i need 2500+ to maintain my energy levels.

Its taken over a decade at around 3800-4000 calories a day to get where i am weight and BF wise. I dont gain weight easily, but i dont lose it easily either.

Im eating between 2400 and 2700 calories a day.

TDEE has alway been high, around 2200-2400 when im on bed rest. I've complained to plenty of nurses in post op about not getting enough to eat. Add in activity and i need 2500+ to maintain my energy levels.

Its taken over a decade at around 3800-4000 calories a day to get where i am weight and BF wise. I dont gain weight easily, but i dont lose it easily either.

Thats why you are not looking body fat. You are eating above your TDEE. You have to eat less if you expect to see the number on the scale decrease.

Thats why you are not looking body fat. You are eating above your TDEE. You have to eat less if you expect to see the number on the scale decrease.

Or there's recompositioning effect going on. Replacing fat with muscle mass will keep the scale pretty stagnant for awhile; especially given how he's at maintenance, or slightly below. ;)

Recomps like that take forever though. I did it that way for two years, and visible results are so slow, it's not even funny. Better on the skin though!

I use a calculator to add in a rough estimate of how many calories I burn during weight lifting and tack that into MyFitnessPal. I also get 1-2 hours of straight up cardio at work(foot patrol/interior building patrol/perimeter patrol), so thats also added into MyFitnessPal. So, exercise burns a few hundred extra calories a day.
Calculator:
fitclick.com/calories_burned?srch=weight+lifting

According to MyFitnessPal, I've only had one day where I've eaten above 2800 calories, and that was Thanksgiving(I went nuts on the broiled Brussels Sprouts my dad makes and his spicy mustard ham).
Calorie intake for the last week with macros:
12/1: 1524(I have a cold, yesterday was the worst, didn't eat much) 6/61/33 (Goal is 5/65/30)
11/30: 2591 5/72/23
11/29: 2673 6/61/33
11/28: 2550 7/64/29
11/27: 2712 7/66/28
11/26: 2926 16/61/23 (I had a piece of pumpkin pie..... :(
11/25: 2628 6/59/35

MyFitnessPal suggests 3000-3200 calories as maintenance, I've been shooting for 10-15% calories below that, if not lower, before adding in exercise.

Last edited:
I use a calculator to add in a rough estimate of how many calories I burn during weight lifting and tack that into MyFitnessPal. I also get 1-2 hours of straight up cardio at work(foot patrol/interior building patrol/perimeter patrol), so thats also added into MyFitnessPal. So, exercise burns a few hundred extra calories a day.
Calculator:
fitclick.com/calories_burned?srch=weight+lifting

According to MyFitnessPal, I've only had one day where I've eaten above 2800 calories, and that was Thanksgiving(I went nuts on the broiled Brussels Sprouts my dad makes and his spicy mustard ham).
Calorie intake for the last week with macros:
12/1: 1524(I have a cold, yesterday was the worst, didn't eat much) 6/61/33 (Goal is 5/65/30)
11/30: 2591 5/72/23
11/29: 2673 6/61/33
11/28: 2550 7/64/29
11/27: 2712 7/66/28
11/26: 2926 16/61/23 (I had a piece of pumpkin pie..... :(
11/25: 2628 6/59/35

MyFitnessPal suggests 3000-3200 calories as maintenance, I've been shooting for 10-15% calories below that, if not lower, before adding in exercise.

I want to emphasize that trial and error trump an Internet calculator any day, but I've found this one to be pretty close:

TDEE Calculator

There's a gigantic difference between BMR and TDEE, and I'm not sure which myfitnesspal uses. I would use that calculator and either straight up reduce calories burned 500 per day, or a moderate 15-20% reduction.

Thanks for that calculator Halfwit.

It put out the following:
Your BMR is: 2252 Calories/Day
Your TDEE is: 3640 Calories/Day
(Active / Difficult)

According to that, I'm eating around 30%+ under that.

Do you think I should track my weight more frequently? Maybe there has been some weight loss that I've just missed?(I've probably been overthinking it, a watched pot never boils, type of thinking maybe)

Thanks for that calculator Halfwit.

It put out the following:
Your BMR is: 2252 Calories/Day
Your TDEE is: 3640 Calories/Day
(Active / Difficult)

According to that, I'm eating around 30%+ under that.

Do you think I should track my weight more frequently? Maybe there has been some weight loss that I've just missed?(I've probably been overthinking it, a watched pot never boils, type of thinking maybe)

Here's the problem; the scale lies. Sure, it can tell you if things are changing, but not necessarily in which direction. I recommend (something I got from 3J) taking weekly measurements instead. The measuring tape will truly tell you what that weight means. :)

Back