Managing your own TRT - Going it alone

Albiedamned

Didn't want to bump the couple of really old threads I found on this because they got way off base and was hoping for some fresh input from you guys. This forum and a few of the regular posters have increased my confidence in my own knowledge of my TRT needs and what to do to stay ahead of any problems related to hormone management. I've been weighing my options and keep coming to the same conclusion that except for having a legal prescription and a 100% genuine source of Test and Hcg, I really don't benefit enough from the service I use to manage my TRT. It's currently costing me $2400 a year, which I was happy to pay for the last couple of years, but now at this point, I keep thinking about what else I could do with that money, what other compounds I could throw into the mix, etc. Hell, I wouldn't even mind getting into home brewing. It always sounded fun to me. I calculate, mix, and administer way more complicated, and potentially harmful hormones and drugs on a daily basis at work, so I'm running out of reasons not to do this.

My current reasons for not going through with this have dwindled down to:

• My current prescription is legal
  • I can travel anywhere with it
  • I have some level of accountability twice a year for lab tests with my current provider
  • 100% sure of source with TRT clinic
  • I actually appreciate that these services exist and value supporting them

I may add or subtract from this list as the discussion goes on, but I'd appreciate some thoughts on this. I know many of you manage your own protocol. I know many of you have considered doing it. Maybe this will only end up being a minor rant on my part, but I've been thinking about this more and more as I get closer to finally achieving all my fitness goals and setting new ones.

Your list provides quite valuable reasons not to. But i must admit that if I had to pay lots of money regularly for TRT when I can get test vials so cheap I'd certainly consider it. But even board sponsor clinics will cost u more than $2000 yearly. If u decide to go it alone and you're buying test online or on the streets I guess the risk of arrest is pretty expensive in its' own ways.

Do you have access to private blood work? Do you travel a lot? Are you willing to risk ordering steroids and ancillaries illegally?

What will you do if you encounter supply chain problems?

Do you have access to private blood work? Do you travel a lot? Are you willing to risk ordering steroids and ancillaries illegally?

What will you do if you encounter supply chain problems?

I actually run more of my own blood work than my clinic orders, so yes I have access to labs. I do travel a lot and honestly I'm not that worried about it as I rarely fly any where for more than 2 weeks at a time. Between using old prescription bottles to carry gear and long ester dosing, I'm comfortable I can stay in a healthy range and manage estrogen even on longer trips.

So the crux of the problem lies in this next part, am I willing to order illegally? Well honestly, I'm willing, but this does and should bother me. I won't get into source discussion, and I don't think any of this discussion is anything new, I've been willing to in the past, so I'm leaning towards yes. Yes I am.

Supply chain problems for TRT I think are best mitigated through using the same process as for a blast or cycle. Research, question others and test the product. Also stocking up when you find good gear seems prudent.

Good questions Tron. That's exactly the kind of shit I'll need to work through before coming to a decision. I'd also say that this isn't likely a permanent solution I'm seeking out. I can see myself doing this on my own for a few to 10 years then finding another clinic or maybe even finding a sympathetic and knowledgable doctor friend I'd be willing to work with. And then again I may be just day dreaming and I'll come to my senses and realize I should leave well enough alone and enjoy my TRT.

Your list provides quite valuable reasons not to. But i must admit that if I had to pay lots of money regularly for TRT when I can get test vials so cheap I'd certainly consider it. But even board sponsor clinics will cost u more than $2000 yearly. If u decide to go it alone and you're buying test online or on the streets I guess the risk of arrest is pretty expensive in its' own ways.

See that's the thing I'm weighing here, just how much value does my clinic provide. Avoiding risk of arrest is valuable, but I'm not really sure how likely that is anyway.

See that's the thing I'm weighing here, just how much value does my clinic provide. Avoiding risk of arrest is valuable, but I'm not really sure how likely that is anyway.

You're missing a third option: Getting a GP on board as you have a valid existing diagnosis for a treatable condition. I pay a tenth what you do, and just see my GP every six months or so. I do pretty much handle the blood work and other things on my own, but I feel having a record documenting a legal need may be invaluable in the future.

I don't wish it on anyone, but accidents do happen. What if you get an abscess or need surgery that requires long-term care? No script means you can't take care of hormones when down for the count. At least that's why I continue with things the way I do. It's like an insurance policy in my eyes.

Another thought I have is how do you stay on top of the latest advances in HRT management? Troubleshoot and address other issues that crop up as a result of aging that may or may not be directly related to TRT. Seems a possible tangled web to weave. I hear ya otherwise.

It's currently costing me $2400 a year

That's a lot of money. Are you not covered by insurance?

I have insurance. My co-pay for testosterone is about $10/month equal to $120/year. 4 doctor visits/year at $25 co-pay is $100. Labs are totally covered, therefore zero cost. Pins are cheap. Total annual cost = about $250.

Back