Melanotan II, Can someone chime in on this...

TheseGains

I've been searching online and i cam across Melanotan II, i find it very interesting but there is no studies about. I don't like the idea of using tanning beds, so i'm trying to find alternatives....

Does anyone know if this product is cancerous? and if so is it safer than a tanning bed or even natural sun tan?

any information would be greatly appreciated, i know RUI sells it, so what kind of dosages do you take with this product? and is it cycled?

It is safer than tanning beds and is actually used in people with high risk of skin cancer giving them a base tan before going out in the sun. There are studies on it but Im at work at the moment so hopefully someone will link a study for you. I have been using it for about a year and love the stuff. The loading phase + 3 sessions in the tanning beds will get you nice and dark after that I just use a maintenance dose and my tan has stayed ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been searching online and i cam across Melanotan II, i find it very interesting but there is no studies about. I don't like the idea of using tanning beds, so i'm trying to find alternatives....

Does anyone know if this product is cancerous? and if so is it safer than a tanning bed or even natural sun tan?

any information would be greatly appreciated, i know RUI sells it, so what kind of dosages do you take with this product? and is it cycled?

MT2 to get a tan is a lot safer than going tanning in beds or sun to get a tan.
yes i would still rec 1 -2 tans a months even while on MT2, but i feel SOME sun is good for you, TOO MUCH is bad. MT2 is an awesome product to use for skin protection. I use is every spring before summer so i have extra protection and a nice tan before summer even hits.
I have used MT2 from RUI for years and would highly rec them.

here is some stuff on peptides I made, might help> http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...practical-use-surrounding-them-must-read.html

yes its is cycles or you build up tan then stick to maintenance dose, how you do it depends on your skin type, but generally i rec: 0.3-0.5mg 2-3X a week for 6-8 weeks + 7-10min tan in bed or 20min out in sun 1-2 times a week for the first 6-8 weeks , then 0.3-0.5mg 1-2 x a month and maybe 1 tan a month if you think you are getting tooo light.

PS. RUI has cyber monday sale so I would jump on it now since its one of there best sales.IMO

Last edited:
.5 mg every day for 20 days, went to the beds once a week in the first 20 days. Since then I do .25mgs twice a week.. Thats how I did it

MT2 to get a tan is a lot safer than going tanning in beds or sun to get a tan.
yes i would still rec 1 -2 tans a months even while on MT2, but i feel SOME sun is good for you, TOO MUCH is bad. MT2 is an awesome product to use for skin protection. I use is every spring before summer so i have extra protection and a nice tan before summer even hits.
I have used MT2 from RUI for years and would highly rec them.

here is some stuff on peptides I made, might help> http://www.steroidology.com/forum/a...practical-use-surrounding-them-must-read.html

yes its is cycles or you build up tan then stick to maintenance dose, how you do it depends on your skin type, but generally i rec: 0.3-0.5mg 2-3X a week for 6-8 weeks + 7-10min tan in bed or 20min out in sun 1-2 times a week for the first 6-8 weeks , then 0.3-0.5mg 1-2 x a month and maybe 1 tan a month if you think you are getting tooo light.

PS. RUI has cyber monday sale so I would jump on it now since its one of there best sales.IMO

I'm confused, isn't Melanotan II the stuff that induces erections?

It will also give you an erection!

With respect to cancer, the data that it is safe and wont stimulate melanocytes that are precancerous is non-existent. My only though here is that this peptide directly stimulates melanocytes, and who knows if it has a selective stimulatory effect on pre-cancerous cells, thus it could be a tumor promoter (but maybe not an initiator). However, it is probably innocuous in healthy people that lack precancerous or "changed" melanocytes. No way to really know cause its a numbers game to really know its long term safety.

It will also give you an erection! Just like PT-141. Both work about the same.....And they both definitely work!!

With respect to cancer, the data that it is safe and wont stimulate melanocytes that are precancerous is non-existent. My only thought here is that this peptide directly stimulates melanocytes, and who knows if it has a selective stimulatory effect on pre-cancerous cells, thus it could be a tumor promoter (but maybe not an initiator). However, it is probably innocuous in healthy people that lack precancerous or "changed" melanocytes. No way to really know cause its a numbers game as to its long term safety.

Last edited:

No need to cycle, I have ran MT2 with no issues for about a year before taking some time off.

You actually need to make sure you are getting a tan in some way shape or form whether it's from being outside or from the tanning bed. Otherwise, what will happen is only the parts of your body that are exposed to light will begin to darken (in winter time think face and arms, but nothing else).

Honestly I would tan once a week in the winter time for 15min and that was enough for me to keep my color that I earned from being outside over the summer and my MT2 use.

Back